Washington (+16)
    Miami (FL) (+4.5)

possible explanations upcoming

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2263

alright I'll start with best bets I guess

Georgia (+6) at Oklahoma State

I understand that OSU has Robinson at QB and overall an explosive offense, but with Robinson's health in doubt, it has me licking my chops. Georgia has always been a physical football team and I don't believe OSU will be able to match them on the lines. Also, I don't like the idea of taking a Big 12 team like OSU against a stout SEC team like Georgia. Georgia will be able to run the football and control the clock. Robinson and Co. can't score from the sidelines and thats where they will be. Don't sleep on Greene (the WR at Georgia) either. The kid is a true playmaker who will once again be a big time impact player this season. I dont think OSU will have the answer on defense for a solid GA team and I believe that Georgia's defense will AT LEAST be able to contain Robinson

Georgia (+6) and ML later

ZBOIZ
    ZBOIZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3584

Washington will burn you

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar SBR PRO

You don't come into Smurf territory and live to tell about it. Boise should be ready to boast one of it's best teams in program history IMO and should be a touchdown favorite over any Pac 10 team (excluding USC) at home. They know what it takes to play well on weekdays. I'm a bit puzzled by this line though. Haven't really got a good read on where the line will turn but I would advise heavy line watching closer to kickoff.

Boise State (-5.5)

soonerfan
    soonerfan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like Boise St, Utah and Georgia. I've been thinking about Colorado -11 over Colorado St. Also New Mexico +14 at Texas A+M.

FrozenMAN
    2018 BIG TEN CHAMPS!
    FrozenMAN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3386

i LOOOOOVE the wake pick, im a MONSTER DEMON DEACS fan, only the illini top them in fball atleast (not in bball, lol). i was shocked to see it move from -3 to pick right now espcially being in winston salem, baylor does have that good black kid at qb, he's real fast and can make stuff happen with his cannon of an arm and legs.

illinois -7 is solid as well, woulda liked to get them at -3 but bodog sucks balls so must wait. buddy is wokring at camp rantoul and he says everyone is 100000% focused and has sites on january 1st bowl game and anything less is a wasted season. ford/leshore are lookin great in camp same w dufrene so rbs should be solid, and juice is showing some new found touch on his passes supposedly and theyre are some sick plays in the works when mcgee is also in the game. i think we can win this by double digits relativley easy and we shoulda last year if we had anything of a Special teams and Db's out there...

that navy play is solid too, THE ohio state rarely plays to their potential arly in the season and usally lets worser teams stay in the game, like EMU and ohio last year, but this aint one of those teams, NAVY will be ready to play when it comes into the shoe and will give osu a fight i think

i also like that jaw jaw play, espcially is the okie state qb is dinged up like some reports say as well as nevada, I LOATHE ND and though they should be better this year and dont think they'll win by 3tds MAYBE 10 at the most, COLIN KAEPERNICK IS A STUD, HUUUGE ARM and REAL QUICK, nevada has it in them to pull the upset too in south bend, I WOULD love that so much too
    Last edited by FrozenMAN; 08-13-09 at 11:10 PM.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar SBR PRO

Ohio is the only game I'm iffy on really, well that and Washington

head_strong
    head_strong's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 360

Mods, please link with college football forum

(BB= Best Bets)

South Carolina (+3.5)
    Utah (-21)
    BB- Boise State (-5.5)
    Navy (+22.5)
    Kentucky (-14)
    Western Kentucky (+30)
    BB- Georgia (+6)
    Wake Forest (PK)
    Illinois (-7)
    Ohio (+4)
    Washington (+16)
    Miami (FL) (+4.5)

possible explanations upcoming

SoonerBS
    SoonerBS's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by soonerfan View Post
    I like Boise St, Utah and Georgia. I've been thinking about Colorado -11 over Colorado St. Also New Mexico +14 at Texas A+M.

I like Colorado, but I hope that Hawk doesn't have to suspend anymore of his players before this game. CSU's rund defense will be very weak here at stopping CU's run game that I think will be far better than last year's.

Hey, Powell, I liked NCST going into this game, but I really thought that they may be short home dogs. I'm disturbed of the fact that this is a 17.5 point differential from last year's line. I had NCST down as a play on game here in this spot, but I don't like the line at all. If this gets close to +5, I'm going to be on S Car. I don't think it will, but I'm just saying . . . . . .

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar SBR PRO

guy, unless he's pissing money you're gonna look like a tool

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar SBR PRO

USC/NC State should be VERY low scoring IMO. I love getting 3.5 with Spurrier and USC

head_strong

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    guy, unless he's pissing money you're gonna look like a tool
    I'm Powell Posting.....leave me alone.

head_strong

I mean Power Posting.....

SoonerBS

Quote Originally Posted by soonerfan View Post
    Ohio is the only game I'm iffy on really, well that and Washington

I thought this game might come out around 14. I'm really surprised Navy is catching this many points. Navy loves to play on the road and I like them here in this spot. I think you're right in taking the points here.

FrozenMAN
    2018 BIG TEN CHAMPS!

and head u have the audacity to say if i dont liek it to leave, THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT OB WAS SAYING and i concur, ****IN GAYYYYYYYYYY

sorry T for this in the thread but real gay

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar SBR PRO

exactly, Ohio State wont light the scoreboard up and Navy will milk that clock and score a few token times so its a great spot. Total is low to mid 40's (dont remember off hand) but Navy is getting 22?

SoonerBS

Quote Originally Posted by head_strong View Post
    I'm Powell Posting.....leave me alone.

C'mon, dude, let's talk some football and leave whatever past hate is present here behind us. You both seem cool, so get along and let's find some winners . . . .

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar SBR PRO

guy, insulting posters isnt power posting

head_strong

guy, insulting posters isnt power posting
    That's the title to your book, take a hint.....Powell Posting

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar SBR PRO

whatever you say guy, cappers are talking business right now

FrozenMAN
    2018 BIG TEN CHAMPS!

def dude, just fball talk no other bs.

might take a look at the prop bets for the ill-mizzou game, juice should be able to pick apart the db's like he did last year when he went for 500+

i cant wait for that tenny-fla game, aint that week 3 like sept 19? the over is gonna get BLOWN away

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar SBR PRO

think so? Will Tennessee be any better offensively? Mizzou should be down pretty good IMO, Illinois is very solid

SoonerBS

Powell, I'll be the first to say that I don't think Wake Forest will be very good this year. That being said, I wanted to catch Baylor in this game as a dog of 3.5 or more. I don't like them as a PICK or favorite at all. I DO think they have a chance of winning this game SU. WF's offense is atrocious and they have lost most of their defense from last season. Their defense is what either kept them in games or won them games last season.

I know Baylor is catching a lot of preseason hype coming into this game, but I think it's warranted this time. Remember, Griffin didn't start this game last season against WF and there has been a ton of experience for the Baylor bunch since then. If this line gets back to a "dog" play for Baylor, I am likely on it.

FrozenMAN
    2018 BIG TEN CHAMPS!

down pretty good? they arent anythign special this year, lost ALOT of guys, plus we only got beat last year cause hicks/vontae("im the best in the big ten (must say w VERY high pitched voice)) got burned ALL DAY by maclin, daniel, moore(he royally killed us) plsu no big TE chase coffman anymore. the mizzou qb is in his first year starting. but he was a 5 star prospect and one of the best qbs outta HS so he's got major talent, while the mizzou d does return their best player, witherspoon a LB, and according to guys at camp ranotul they seen that he's been talkin shit on twitter. said he's gonna squeeze juice

I BEG YOUR PARDON, THIS JUCIE AINT FOR SQUEEZING, its for running over your ASS lol

and they have their good RB, washington i think, who's back and dominated us last year on just CONSTANT runs up the middle and fueled by our HORRIFIC tackling in that game. if u watched that ILLINOIS THE JOURNEY on big 10 this past year, 1st epsiode 4 mizzou game u coulda saw my disgust for like 30 seconds on the show lol

we want revenge too last 2 years pretyt much gave em the W cause of stupidity

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar SBR PRO

wasnt aware Wake lost THAT much on defense, will dig into that game later.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar SBR PRO

thats what I meant, Mizzou was down

FrozenMAN
    2018 BIG TEN CHAMPS!

dude grobe is a GREAT coach and made that D great with no buddies and he can do it again, i think the most important loss is SAM SWANK, best kicker in the nation EASILY, he guaranteed u atleast 12 points a game and was $$$$$$ from 40+

also lost alphonso smith, dynamite speed on the wings and on returns, but skinner is scrappy and uslly does just enough to get the job done no matter who is out there which is all that matters

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar SBR PRO

I just dont like Baylor on the road as a pickem against a team that has had success like Wake recently

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar SBR PRO

AKA: Anybody that isnt a cellar dweller

SoonerBS

wasnt aware Wake lost THAT much on defense, will dig into that game later.
    They lost seven starters altogether. They have 3 out of the 4 of their defensive linemen back, but that is about it. Their defensive units are not rated high going into this season, even at defensive line . . . . .

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar SBR PRO

its going to be hard not to pull the trigger on Wake but 7 starters is quite a bit

soonerfan
    soonerfan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Im gonna stay away from this game. I know Baylor is supposed to be much improved but I gotta see it to believe it. I don't know anything about Wake.

SoonerBS

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenMAN View Post
    dude grobe is a GREAT coach and made that D great with no buddies and he can do it again, i think the most important loss is SAM SWANK, best kicker in the nation EASILY, he guaranteed u atleast 12 points a game and was $$$$$$ from 40+

also lost alphonso smith, dynamite speed on the wings and on returns, but skinner is scrappy and uslly does just enough to get the job done no matter who is out there which is all that matters

OK, . . . I'm not nearly as impressed with WF's offense as usually are, but like I said earlier, for me it's a "no play" anyway with Baylor being a Pick 'em or favorite. There is no value there in my opinion.

SoonerBS

Powell, your thoughts on South Carolina as a play? I'm curious to know your reasoning . . . .

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar SBR PRO

what about Miami/FSU? I like Miami + the points

12 Last