pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Strengths Of Seahawks Vs Falcons

1. Seahawks have the best rush defense in the league.

Michael Turner 14 rushes 98 yards (7 yards per carry)
    Jaquizz Rodgers 10 rushes 64 yards(6.4 yards per carry)
    Seattle Defense 0 forced fumbles

2. Seahawks have the best pass defense in the league

Roddy White 5 receptions 76 yards 1 touchdown
    Julio Jones 6 receptions 59 yards
    Tony Gonzalez 6 receptions 51 yards 1 touchdown
    Matt Ryan 250 yards 3 touchdowns
    Seattle Defense 0 sacks

3. Seahawks have the best running game in the league

Marshawn Lynch 16 rushes 46 yards (2.9 yards/carry)

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

On paper, the Seahawks were the better team. But home field is worth 3 points. ATL won by 2. It was about right.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    On paper, the Seahawks were the better team. But home field is worth 3 points. ATL won by 2. It was about right.
    It wasn't right. The #1 defense in the league and the #1 rushing attack in the league with a dual threat QB should have rolled over the Falcons. The Falcons beat the best team left in the playoffs.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    It wasn't right. The #1 defense in the league and the #1 rushing attack in the league with a dual threat QB should have rolled over the Falcons. The Falcons beat the best team left in the playoffs.
    Falcons managed Lynch. Maybe Lynch had a bad game, part of it was jumping out to the big lead that helped.

If Carroll doesn't call that time out, maybe Bryant missed that kick and I'm talking to some Seattle homer right now.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Falcons were able to manage Lynch. Maybe it Lynch had a bad game, part of it was jumping out to the big lead that helped.

Face it, if Carroll doesn't call that time out, maybe Bryant missed that kick and I'm talking to some Seattle homer right now.
    The Falcons beat the Seahawks last year and Lynch shit the bed in that game too.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/boxscore?gid=20111002026

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Pavy, no use telling these guys cold hard facts: they don't wanna listen

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    It just bothers me that last week they had Seahawks winning the Superbowl and the Falcons shut them down and Falcons don't get credit for the win but now they say 49ers which last week they were worse than Seahawks in their minds are now superior to the Falcons. The same people who had 49ers losing to the Seahawks in a potential NFC championship are saying Falcons have no chance.

ouman101
    ouman101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 749

Who do you think would have won if the game was in Seattle? Just wondering your opinion.

Atl is definitely a solid team, but Matty Ice hasn't exactly been prolific in the playoffs.

NOboy
    NOboy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ouman101 View Post
    Who do you think would have won if the game was in Seattle? Just wondering your opinion.

Atl is definitely a solid team, but Matty Ice hasn't exactly been prolific in the playoffs.
    why the if's and's or but's?
    if you want i can tell you why seattle shouldnt even have been there in the first place!
    1. fail mary
    2. 1 legged rg3

fact is, it WASNT played in seattle. it was played in atlanta. atlanta earned it by going 13-3 in the regular season. RW hasnt been prolific either. did you see his stats from the week before?

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by ouman101 View Post

Atlanta beat them last year in Seattle. Why couldn't they beat them this year? Lynch was a non-factor last year.

BennyFang
    BennyFang's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10582

The Falcons were clearly the better team for almost three quarters.....then coach lets the foot off the gas. Horrible mistake against a hot team playing at such a high level. I think Smith may have done the same during the regular season against weak competition, so he simply followed protocol and almost paid for it.

Anyway, as I see it, it was the Falcons 4th quarter collapse that has fueled this 49er steam....rooted back to the above coaching decision. This line should be close to pk in my opinion. I wasn't going to touch it but if it somehow hits 6, I won't pass up a shot on the birds.

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights
    SEAHAWKHARRY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2385

credit for what u almost lost up 20 halftime..at home!!!!!!come to our house we would have cleaned your clocks..31-13...easy....u guys choked and almost lost again...but kudos..your team beat us LOL...

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

these two teams play 10 times, seattle wins 8.

in ATL...

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights

Yuuup..^^^^

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

My God what a whiney bunch of fans in Seattle. Be careful or you'll be right up there with Philadelphia. Maybe if your coach didn't completely botch scoring before halftime they do win, but they didn't. Atlanta won. Get over it.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: pavyracer

NOboy

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    My God what a whiney bunch of fans in Seattle. Be careful or you'll be right up there with Philadelphia. Maybe if your coach didn't completely botch scoring before halftime they do win, but they didn't. Atlanta won. Get over it.

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights

Im not bitching we lost...but calling ATLANTA a elite #1 seed and That SF wont be able to run??? And kappernick wont do what he did against Greenbay....priceless Atlanta is a fraud San Fran Will Expose what we couldnt do for 60mins....I havent bet this game yet but looking at totals...waiting for Side to rise SF wont destroy Atlanta but will grind it and like sea Beast up in 2nd half and wont be 20pts down coming in that half either....I see Atlanta winning at half by 3 -7 points...but Sf winning in end might take ATL 1st half .......

GoATL
    GoATL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

Why is everyone using the word fraud to describe the Falcons? That means the seahawks were huge frauds along with giants and broncos. I lost much money on pats who failed to cover at times and gb, but I don't consider them frauds. The teams are not playing to cover the Vegas spreads. Falcons gave up in the 2nd half... Well without Abraham playing the nickel d, that was built around him, was like losing Matthews on the gb d. Abraham would have made a huge diff in the game and seahawks play calling. So I guess if sf loses they are the biggest frauds in nfl. I love when the pubic disses the falcons. I get to rub it in all year. Only time will tell.

DirtyBird1500
    DirtyBird1500's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

Most every NFL team must be pretty terrible then if the biggest frauds can go 13-3 and make it to the NFC Championship. You fans of other teams must be pretty depressed about that.

GoATL

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyBird1500 View Post
    Most every NFL team must be pretty terrible then if the biggest frauds can go 13-3 and make it to the NFC Championship. You fans of other teams must be pretty depressed about that.

yeah evidently there 28 other fraud teams.

DirtyBird1500
    DirtyBird1500's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

Quote Originally Posted by SEAHAWKHARRY View Post
    credit for what u almost lost up 20 halftime..at home!!!!!!come to our house we would have cleaned your clocks..31-13...easy....u guys choked and almost lost again...but kudos..your team beat us LOL...
    Too bad you guys had all those loses during the regular season to shitty teams or maybe you could have had a home game. We beat all the shitty teams we played so we get the benefit of playing at home.

Seahawks are such frauds!!!

GoATL

I have no respect for Pete Carroll. He destroyed the USC program for years and never had to answer for it. I rank him second behind Sandusky.

GoATL

If u look at packers injury report you will see that sf played a very beat up team and the falcons r pretty healthy besides Abraham.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    It just bothers me that last week they had Seahawks winning the Superbowl and the Falcons shut them down and Falcons don't get credit for the win but now they say 49ers which last week they were worse than Seahawks in their minds are now superior to the Falcons. The same people who had 49ers losing to the Seahawks in a potential NFC championship are saying Falcons have no chance.
    Who is "they"? You are talking to me. I had ATL ML and -3 last week. I've got ATL ML and +4 1/2 this week.

Weeks ago, maybe I had notions of SEA as a darkhorse, but going into ATL I know the travel was too much.

I guess I'm mostly disappointed that you only want to cheerlead for your team rather than discuss the game itself.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    I will be the 1st to congratulate you if you win pac

daimoshokage
    daimoshokage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

SF will kick the shit out of Falcons and we will see paco in 2014.. He will not be missed..

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights

I just like getting the feathers ruffeled on Falcon fans no natter what happens ...im looking T totals..and props on this game i care less who wins

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights

Quote Originally Posted by GoATL View Post
    I have no respect for Pete Carroll. He destroyed the USC program for years and never had to answer for it. I rank him second behind Sandusky.
    Yeah because no other coach in NCAA history ever cheated and cheating is the same as BUTT RAPING A CHILD.....your a ass.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Seahawks were a fun team to watch and should be pretty good over the next few years as long as Wilson is healthy. They still have some holes like D-line and I think they could use another receiver. They have several draft picks so they can reload next year.

Every team can have some gripe about being put out of the playoffs. Denver's coach and defensive back incompetence. Minnesota had no chance with Joe Webb.

Atlanta is a solid team all around the field. They don't stand out at any position outside of receiver/tight end but don't have many glaring weaknesses. Good lines, good backs, good Qb, good receivers, good special teams, good coach. They are a little weak at RB but Turner and Rodgers have their moments. Public and media don't like them because they aren't flashy, but they've been finding a way to get the job done all season long.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    not a seattle fan but who the fukk made this thread?

atl fans need to stfu and enjoy this week cause they won't be around next...

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Who is "they"? You are talking to me. I had ATL ML and -3 last week. I've got ATL ML and +4 1/2 this week.

Weeks ago, maybe I had notions of SEA as a darkhorse, but going into ATL I know the travel was too much.

I guess I'm mostly disappointed that you only want to cheerlead for your team rather than discuss the game itself.
    We are PhillyFlyers and Seahawksharry and all the others who said Russel Wilson and the Seahawks would destroy the Falcons and win the Superbowl but now that they lost they don't give credit and proclaim 49ers will destroy the Falcons.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

Quote Originally Posted by GoATL View Post
    pete carroll destroyed the usc program? before he got there, they sucked horse c0ck.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

LOL at Seattle fans talking in absolutes. "we win 8/10 times... in ATL", you couldn't win the one time it mattered so stfu. "Enjoy your win, you won't be around next week", lol, really? Just like you predicted SEA to win last week? Thanks for the fade seahawks fans. You're a bunch of whiny bitches, just like your loser team and coach.

SBR should implement a new rule during NFL season. Every poster picks a team, when your team is done, so are you. This way those of us that dont support losing teams dont have to listen to the whining and bitching from fans of a team that just for their asses handed to them.

NOboy

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    LOL at Seattle fans talking in absolutes. "we win 8/10 times... in ATL", you couldn't win the one time it mattered so stfu. "Enjoy your win, you won't be around next week", lol, really? Just like you predicted SEA to win last week? Thanks for the fade seahawks fans. You're a bunch of whiny bitches, just like your loser team and coach.

SBR should implement a new rule during NFL season. Every poster picks a team, when your team is done, so are you. This way those of us that dont support losing teams dont have to listen to the whining and bitching from fans of a team that just for their asses handed to them.
    whats funny is the seahawk backers saying that seahawks should have covered. they didnt cover all game until 30 secs in the game LOL. what a moose for atl spread backers. and they think that the hawks should have covered. HAHAHAH

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Exactly. Sore losers. Shouldn't have even been in the fukking game, literally. Where's that gif of Seattle players carrying off the replacement ref on their shoulders after the GB game? I think Rudy posted it. We need it in here.

12 Last