InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Sam Bowie

great edition of the sec storied series on espnu

seems like a good guy and was unreal when he was young

funny when you go back there really wasnt anyone saying bowie over jordan was a horrible move at the time of the draft....especially since they already had drexler

Upon closer examination of his career, Bowie still managed to put up serviceable NBA numbers: 10.9 points and 7.5 rebounds per game over 10 seasons.

“When you’re drafted ahead of Michael Jordan, everything else is going to be secondary,” he explained. “So I don’t blame the public, by any means, for looking at my career as a failure. But this documentary gives them a different perspective of knowing that I did play 10 years in the NBA.”

Count one of his lyrical detractors as a possible convert. When Jadakiss was interviewed by the “Going Big” producers, they informed the rapper of Bowie’s final career numbers.

“A lot of people never average double figures for 10 years,” Jadakiss said. “A lot of people would never even last 10 years in the NBA.”

The scene didn’t make the final cut, but it does prove that Bowie might not deserve such a bad rap after all.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Bowie did not stay healthy I heard he almost made a comeback in his 40's he had talent

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

sam must be a gambler too

didnt know this...

http://www.lostlettermen.com/kentuck...racing-horses/

beermankirk
    beermankirk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 885

Watched it, was a really good show.... Barkley had alot of praise for Bowie... Funny thing is Jordan rips him twice, by saying thank god the bulls drafted me instead of Bowie...