PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star
    PhillyFlyers's Avatar Become A Pro!

Brady Proved He Is Vastly Superior To Peyton Manning

and it's not even close. Hell, you can make a case for Peyton not even being as good as Eli let alone Tom Brady.
    Points Awarded:

paco gave PhillyFlyers 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

trendon gave PhillyFlyers 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011
    doublej95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

17 playoff wins after today. montana w/16

brady breaks record today

NavsPicks
    NavsPicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1877

They both vsed diff teams.. You make no sense whatsoever I'd your making this statement off this years playoffs.. Overall sure but it's stupid to say that because of this year

DirtyBird1500
    DirtyBird1500's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

Was this ever really in question?

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by NavsPicks View Post
    They both vsed diff teams.. You make no sense whatsoever I'd your making this statement off this years playoffs.. Overall sure but it's stupid to say that because of this year
    Stupid post. Why do you think this? Manning couldn't win a single playoff game with a team that went 13-3. Brady is taking a team that went 12-4 to yet another AFC Championship game.

Last year Eli took an 8-8 team and won the Super Bowl. Peyton never took a .500 team to even a Conference title game.

Fukk out with your bullshit.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Brady woulda has his 4th ring if weak ass Welker catches that easy ass pas last bowl

NavsPicks

Stupid post? Your comparing a qb off a neck surgery on a new team in fkn Denver to a qb whose had arguably the best coach for the past 10years and a perfectly healthy team he's played for his whole life . Idiot.. I'm not saying Brady's not better I'm saying your argument for saying he's better is flawed

NavsPicks

Manning didn't take a .500 team to a conf title? Are u fkn stupid? When was manning put on this spot? When was he .500?

sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY
    sneakerhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1417

first smart post by philly

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by NavsPicks View Post
    Manning didn't take a .500 team to a conf title? Are u fkn stupid? When was manning put on this spot? When was he .500?
    NO, HE DIDN'T!

Manning never took a mediocre team that finished .500 and even go to a conference title game let alone win a Super Bowl like Eli did last year.

Makes me wonder what Eli could have done with all those great Colts teams Peyton was on that went 13-3 or 12-4 and never won the Super Bowl.

onacloud
    onacloud's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFlyers View Post
    NO, HE DIDN'T!

Manning never took a mediocre team that finished .500 and even go to a conference title game let alone win a Super Bowl like Eli did last year.

Makes me wonder what Eli could have done with all those great Colts teams Peyton was on that went 13-3 or 12-4 and never won the Super Bowl.
    Colts never had a good defense......

Yeah Freeney was a monster

Bob Sanders was just explosive but got injured every year

Manning was the Colts....

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by onacloud View Post

So, you're going to make excuses for him like his defense was bad?

How about 2005?

The Colts went 14-2 and had the 2nd ranked offense and 2nd ranked defense in the NFL and got beat by Denver in the 1st round of the playoffs.

How about 2007?

The Colts go 13-3 and had the 1st ranked defense in the NFL and again were beaten in the first round, this time by San Diego.

Colts had some very good defenses when Peyton was there.

NavsPicks

Lmfao man i dont know why you're getting butthurt.. i think bradys better than manning overall as well your just being an idiot by saying it because of this one weekends performances... its like me making a thread named "The Colts' comeback from a 21-3 first-half deficit was the largest in a conference title game" SO MANNING IS WAAAAAAY BETTER.. shut the fk up typical flyers fan.. all you care about is "what have you done for me lately" in your eyes giroux is prob superior to crosby too right? fkn clown or how bout Eberle (my teams best player) is better then ovechkin..? cause ebs has done more lately? give your head a shake plesae

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6858

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    Brady woulda has his 4th ring if weak ass Welker catches that easy ass pas last bowl
    come on now, he has short man syndrome.... brady made this short man jump and twist for it

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFlyers View Post
    So, you're going to make excuses for him like his defense was bad?

How about 2005?

The Colts went 14-2 and had the 2nd ranked offense and 2nd ranked defense in the NFL and got beat by Denver in the 1st round of the playoffs.

How about 2007?

The Colts go 13-3 and had the 1st ranked defense in the NFL and again were beaten in the first round, this time by San Diego.

Colts had some very good defenses when Peyton was there.
    2005 game was going to OT but Colts still had a choke artist for a kicker and the entire team came out flat because of dumbass Dungy and Polian resting rules... let the Steelers score early and often while Manning was running for his life... and then add in the Dungy family death, it affected the entire team no doubt. trust me.

2007 there was no pass rush as Freeney was out for the year and Mathis was doubled, why do you think SD's backup freaking drove for a TD on them soft bitches

don't bash me, I am a Colt fan... I remember all these games specifically - in the end, Colts didn't get it done as a team, they weren't good enough.

Nick Harper gets tripped up by Big Ben after the goal line Bettis fumble.... remember that? how does that happen

NYCWinner
    NYCWinner's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 704

DUH.... I hate the Pats but you can't help but to respect them. I agree Brady is superior , but just want to point out that Belichick can coach circles around Dungy and Fox. John Fox coached 2 of the biggest upset losses in playoff history now..last night as 10 pt favorites, and a few years ago Cards at Panthers...I believe they were like 8 pt favorites.

Naz18
    Naz18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1940

Quote Originally Posted by onacloud View Post

Well that's salary cap football....you stack all that money on the offense you can't have a great defense too.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags

Quote Originally Posted by Naz18 View Post
    Well that's salary cap football....you stack all that money on the offense you can't have a great defense too.
    that is why Colts fans are so damn happy that Polian is gone, hell... he wasn't even drafting that good anymore anyways!

Caldwell as a HC for 2 years - I wanted to punch him in the face when I went to Indy 4 times in those 2 years!

kfranz31
    kfranz31's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1914

after next week then we can talk

wquine
    Bet2BLucky
    wquine's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10752

tebow won a playoff game with that team. end of thread.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post
    2005 game was going to OT but Colts still had a choke artist for a kicker and the entire team came out flat because of dumbass Dungy and Polian resting rules... let the Steelers score early and often while Manning was running for his life... and then add in the Dungy family death, it affected the entire team no doubt. trust me.

2007 there was no pass rush as Freeney was out for the year and Mathis was doubled, why do you think SD's backup freaking drove for a TD on them soft bitches

don't bash me, I am a Colt fan... I remember all these games specifically - in the end, Colts didn't get it done as a team, they weren't good enough.

Nick Harper gets tripped up by Big Ben after the goal line Bettis fumble.... remember that? how does that happen

I'm not trying to bash you or any Colts fan bro. The one poster who I was replying to tried to say the Colts had no D when Peyton was there. They did.

The rest is just excuses. How about last year? New England goes to the Super Bowl with the worst ranked defense in the history of the Super Bowl.

Like the last poster said, Tebow won a playoff game with the Donkeys.

Brady is greater than Peyton.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

people have short term memories.

do you even remember how baltimore lost to the pats in the playoffs last year?

also and it was peyton's fault that denver lost.

denver as a team made too many mistakes and the zebras didn't help either.

but ultimately you have your opinion and i have mine...

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

I'm in Indy and Brady is better.

With that being said....PM has the WORST luck of any QB in NFL history. HOFer corner getting beat deep.....defense can't cover a 70 yd bomb w/30 sec. left. Brady has a tuck fumble...wins 1st SB....Manning has a tuck fumble in this game....Ravens TD. I really thought Denver was better than that....pash rush disappeared too. Prater misses the fg....Ravens guy nails the winner....same old same old for Peyton and most of it he doesn't control. He did throw 3 tds by the way!

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Quote Originally Posted by NYCWinner View Post
    DUH.... I hate the Pats but you can't help but to respect them. I agree Brady is superior , but just want to point out that Belichick can coach circles around Dungy and Fox. John Fox coached 2 of the biggest upset losses in playoff history now..last night as 10 pt favorites, and a few years ago Cards at Panthers...I believe they were like 8 pt favorites.
    Good point...Fox sucked in this game too. Belechik finds guys like Ninkovich out of the $hitpile. The guy was EVERYWHERE yesterday....had a pick...one play he rushes the passer and sees Foster catch the ball behind him and runs him down 25 yds downfield. Crazy production for a free agent nobody. Belechik finds guys like that all the time....Danny Woodhead another one.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1896

Peyton is a better QB than Eli.
    But Eli had the better team and head coach to win 2 super bowls.
    This is a team sport, the QB position is important but overall team is more important.

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

Get off Bradys kok son
    Manning won a super bowl and he didnt cheat

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

Brady will lose his 3rd super bowl this year, Manning is undefeated in the super bowls

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
    Get off Bradys kok son
    Manning won a super bowl and he didnt cheat
    manning had absolutely nothing to do with that superbowl run, if anything, he was a liability for that team with those horrible performances and interceptions, the kicker and the defence took the colts to the superbowl

guy is useless

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Brady will lose his 3rd super bowl this year, Manning is undefeated in the super bowls

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Handicapable View Post
    I'm in Indy and Brady is better.

With that being said....PM has the WORST luck of any QB in NFL history. HOFer corner getting beat deep.....defense can't cover a 70 yd bomb w/30 sec. left. Brady has a tuck fumble...wins 1st SB....Manning has a tuck fumble in this game....Ravens TD. I really thought Denver was better than that....pash rush disappeared too. Prater misses the fg....Ravens guy nails the winner....same old same old for Peyton and most of it he doesn't control. He did throw 3 tds by the way!
    been this way for his career

then again, he also has Bill Belichick with his game plans to exploit the weaknesses of every team they face to perfection, then again... Brady does execute them very well, but he almost always has very nice clean pockets to pass from and able to step up.... when he doesn't things happen like he loses to Jets, Giants x 2, Ravens

Brady and Manning both do very well though to move around in a pocket that isn't perfect, to make little moves to give them time and room to throw a pass.

not that I'm complaining too much, I had bets riding on the Pats covering -9

I'm over it, there is no more Manning - Brady for Colts vs Pats so he can win all he wants. Manning is now a Bronco but I feel bad for him that his playoff bad luck has followed him to a new team lol

Andrew Luck > everyone in 3 years and hopefully the defense is a beast by then and we still have competent coaches. only way to win multiple SB's
    Last edited by ThaTopMoron; 01-14-13 at 06:18 PM. Reason: fixed so people won't get so butt-hurt

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags

Eli Manning is

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post
    been this way for his career

then again, he also has Bill Belichick with his game plans to exploit the weaknesses of every team they face to perfection, then again... Brady does execute them very well, but he almost always has very nice clean pockets to pass from and able to step up.... when he doesn't things happen like he loses to Jets, Giants x 2, Ravens

did you see Hernandez committing offensive pass interference yesterday and getting away with it? no real flags on the Pats all game that hurt them in any sort of fashion, no flags to slow down drives, halt drives... etc

they only call it when the game is already over and Pats have locked it up

not that I'm complaining too much, I had bets riding on the Pats covering -9 and i bet it because i know how much the NFL loves Brady so I gotta at least make money off of it lol, no way NFL getting in his way of win 17 and passing Joe Montana on that list

I'm over it, there is no more Manning - Brady for Colts vs Pats so he can win all he wants. Manning is now a Bronco but I feel bad for him that his playoff bad luck has followed him to a new team lol

Andrew Luck > everyone in 3 years and hopefully the defense is a beast by then and we still have competent coaches. only way to win multiple SB's
    wow

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

^ a big part of the success of the Pats line is Brady, though. Matt Cassell had the same exact oline as Brady, down to the number of games played by each starter, and was sacked the 5th most times in a season over the last 5 years. Only Rodgers, Cutler, Ben had a season with more sacks. Brady was sacked half that, despite being less athletic. And that was back when Cassell was a solid but not great QB. Brady helps make that line with his ability to read a D, and the fact that teams are scared to blitz him. The only truly elite lineman is Vollmer, and he's been banged up a lot the last few years.

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

Quote Originally Posted by rsnnh12 View Post
    ^ a big part of the success of the Pats line is Brady, though. Matt Cassell had the same exact oline as Brady, down to the number of games played by each starter, and was sacked the 5th most times in a season over the last 5 years. Only Rodgers, Cutler, Ben had a season with more sacks. Brady was sacked half that, despite being less athletic. And that was back when Cassell was a solid but not great QB. Brady helps make that line with his ability to read a D, and the fact that teams are scared to blitz him. The only truly elite lineman is Vollmer, and he's been banged up a lot the last few years.
    brady has some of the best foot work in the nfl...and has a good feel for a pass rush...back in 07 when everyone was sucking the pats offensive line collective dick i made a post on football forum talking about how they were being really overrated and that brady makes them look better than they are and that the giants would probably give them fits....a good friend of mine from that forum from indy(i actually have been out there to see him a couple of times) came on and told me "boy you were right"....not that their offensive line isnt good....but bradys haters always go overboard trying to discredit him....its his coach...its a "system" ..its his offensive line....yep...you get good pressure on a guy for a good portion of a game and that qb will probably lose....so ya brady lost to the jets, ravens and giants 2x.....i cant wait for that qb that comes along and never loses an nfl playoff game when he plays is so many

123 Last