PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star
    PhillyFlyers's Avatar Become A Pro!

Matt Ryan And The Atlanta Falcons Are Total Frauds

and they are going to get destroyed vs. San Francisco next week.

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights
    SEAHAWKHARRY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2385

Our +3 cashed philly

Ml lost for me but was on over teased sea and over parlayed sea and over as well

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

Atlanta wins at home cant argue it

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Atlanta is like a slightly better version of the Pack. Great passing game, little to no run game, and a pretty mediocre defense that doesn't scare anyone. Their pass rush was non existant at home in a dome.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by SEAHAWKHARRY View Post
    Our +3 cashed philly

Ml lost for me but was on over teased sea and over parlayed sea and over as well
    We cashed but I still ain't fukkin happy. Seattle should be playing San Fran next week not Atlanta.

Atlanta couldn't hold a 20 point lead today and people want to try to tell me they are legitimate?

Fukkin frauds.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Game is over and they won. What am I missing?

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

The thing about Atlanta is their talent on the field is legit. No question about it. The thing that makes them weak is the conservative approach they take to protect a lead. It works fine in the regular season, but when matched up against tougher teams in the playoffs, you MUST be the aggressor if you hope to win tight games against good opponents. If Mike Smith can not be Mike Smith for a day, the Falcons can beat SF, but that's asking him to go against his instincts.

bh9889
    bh9889's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 449

The Falcons are like a gas station hot dog. Even though they're good, nobody wants to admit it.

Speedy88

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    The thing about Atlanta is their talent on the field is legit. No question about it. The thing that makes them weak is the conservative approach they take to protect a lead. It works fine in the regular season, but when matched up against tougher teams in the playoffs, you MUST be the aggressor if you hope to win tight games against good opponents. If Mike Smith can not be Mike Smith for a day, the Falcons can beat SF, but that's asking him to go against his instincts.
    I agree that they do take a very conservative approach when they take leads in the 4th quarter. A lot of teams do, the difference is that teams like Houston, SF, Seattle, etc. can play it conservative because they can run the ball and move the chains. When ATL plays conservative, it plays into their weakness (running) and shy's away from their strength (passing).

DirtyBird1500
    DirtyBird1500's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    Atlanta is like a slightly better version of the Pack. Great passing game, little to no run game, and a pretty mediocre defense that doesn't scare anyone. Their pass rush was non existant at home in a dome.
    Had a pretty good run game today...

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by bh9889 View Post
    The Falcons are like a gas station hot dog. Even though they're good, nobody wants to admit it.
    No, the Falcons are like a bad French restaurant. You expect great things, but instead get mediocre food, tiny portions, and a giant bill.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: RayzHELL

DirtyBird1500

Obviously SF looked amazing yesterday, and I think we're going to have real tough time with them next week. But this does lead me to wonder, will ATL learn from this week and will getting that first playoff win finally get them to loosen up a bit and just use their talent to finally put a full game together.

We will see...

Speedy88

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyBird1500 View Post
    Had a pretty good run game today...
    They did run the ball well today, but our run defense has been pretty weak lately. I just wouldn't trust the Falcons to run the ball consistently every game....hence their struggles in the regular season to run the football. But you guys got a damn good QB and two stud WR's. I was kind of surprised your D-Coordinator played it so conservative. I expected a lot of blitzes in the face of Russell Wilson.

jazzyj7
    jazzyj7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1160

I like the Falcons next week if Abraham is playing. D went to shit when he left the game. colin cant pass worth shit. More athletic and faster than Wilson but his passing is overrated.

DirtyBird1500

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    They did run the ball well today, but our run defense has been pretty weak lately. I just wouldn't trust the Falcons to run the ball consistently every game....hence their struggles in the regular season to run the football. But you guys got a damn good QB and two stud WR's. I was kind of surprised your D-Coordinator played it so conservative. I expected a lot of blitzes in the face of Russell Wilson.
    Oh yeah no doubt about it, I have been the biggest Turner critic all season. For whatever reason he showed up today. We'll need that again next week, because I dont think Quizz is nearly as effective if Turner isn't doing anything himself.

I was also disappointed in the defense in the 2nd half. I thought all that shit would stop with Mike Nolan leading the D this year. It didnt. Hoping they learned from this one.

Ernie Mccracken
    Ernie Mccracken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4304

Any team is capable of shitting the bed at any time. One of the top qb's to play the game threw the game to the other team yesterday. Seattle forgot to show up for the first 3 quarters today, and still could have won had their top ranked defense not given up one the easiest FG drives in history. Flip a coin.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie Mccracken View Post
    Any team is capable of shitting the bed at any time. One of the top qb's to play the game threw the game to the other team yesterday. Seattle forgot to show up for the first 3 quarters today, and still could have won had their top ranked defense not given up one the easiest FG drives in history. Flip a coin.
    Exactly why Atlanta is a fraud team.

suicidekings
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyBird1500 View Post
    Obviously SF looked amazing yesterday, and I think we're going to have real tough time with them next week. But this does lead me to wonder, will ATL learn from this week and will getting that first playoff win finally get them to loosen up a bit and just use their talent to finally put a full game together. We will see...
    I don't know that any lesson from one game can override years of deeply ingrained tendency. If they can generate yards on the ground again, then they have a decent chance. I don't think SF's run defense is substantially better than Seattle's, and their improved run game today should be a red flag to Harbaugh to be prepared. They need to play the whole game as though they're down 7, regardless of the score.

DirtyBird1500

I don't know that any lesson from one game can override years of deeply ingrained tendency. If they can generate yards on the ground again, then they have a decent chance. I don't think SF's run defense is substantially better than Seattle's, and their improved run game today should be a red flag to Harbaugh to be prepared. They need to play the whole game as though they're down 7, regardless of the score.
    Absolutely, completely agree.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Sore loser. He said Seahawks would bukkake Falcons and the Falcons ended up bukkake the Seahawks.

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

the seahawks were favored over the higher seed hometown redskins and won, the crimson tide were favored over the #1 seed fighting irish and destroyed them. here the 49ers are favored over the #1 seed and home falcons. the bookies want you to take the underdog in these cases, especially with the line at +3.5 falcons, covering the field goal win.

49ers win by 10 at least.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFlyers View Post
    No, the Falcons are like a bad French restaurant. You expect great things, but instead get mediocre food, tiny portions, and a giant bill.
    nice analogy

are you saying you eat the falcons too?

suicidekings
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Sore loser. He said Seahawks would bukkake Falcons and the Falcons ended up bukkake the Seahawks.
    You think either team's face was clean at the end of the game? Nope...

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Seahawks showed up early in the game McCracken they just could'nt finish. That 20-0 half lead was very misleading and this game was far from one sided. Seattle had 4 chances in Atl territory twice inside the red zone and had nothing to show for it. Despite all the failed drives I don't see Atl getting as lucky next week. SF will punch this team in the mouth and get after Ryan while the choker tosses 3 picks!

DirtyBird1500

Quote Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
    Seahawks showed up early in the game McCracken they just could'nt finish. That 20-0 half lead was very misleading and this game was far from one sided. Seattle had 4 chances in Atl territory twice inside the red zone and had nothing to show for it. Despite all the failed drives I don't see Atl getting as lucky next week. SF will punch this team in the mouth and get after Ryan while the choker tosses 3 picks!
    Its always luck, never skill.

What time do the Raiders play next week?

blankoblanco
    blankoblanco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29958

Haha, whole SBR forum is predicting an easy 9ers win on the road in the playoffs, makes me want to bet the farm on ATL +3. Fading SBR's knee-jerk reactions in spots like this might be the most successful spot-betting strategy I've ever seen

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by blankoblanco View Post
    Haha, whole SBR forum is predicting an easy 9ers win on the road in the playoffs, makes me want to bet the farm on ATL +3. Fading SBR's knee-jerk reactions in spots like this might be the most successful spot-betting strategy I've ever seen
    Go ahead and bet the farm on a team that couldn't hold a 20 point lead at home in the playoffs and not able to cover a 3 point spread. Kaepernick is going to run wild on that D.

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights
    SEAHAWKHARRY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2385

San Fran to Super Bowl

Pissed its not Seattle

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFlyers View Post
    Go ahead and bet the farm on a team that couldn't hold a 20 point lead at home in the playoffs and not able to cover a 3 point spread. Kaepernick is going to run wild on that D.
    Let me guess:

San Fransisco has the 2nd best rush defense and the 2nd best pass defense in the league and the 2nd best QB left in the playoffs (since Seahawks were the #1 team according to your predictions).

So now the Falcons have even an easier task since they already took out the #1 threat.

I'm looking forward to your insight for this game.

tshafer117
    tshafer117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 288

Atlanta is far from a fraud team. Blowing a 20 point lead in these playoff games is purely based on the play style that these coaches insist you play when you have a big lead not because of lack of talent. With Julio Jones, Tony Gonzalez and Roddy White they can't be a fraud. Sure Matt Ryan has critics for losing his first 3 playoff games in his career but when the Falcons needed a big drive to win the game he did. He should of been able to end the game quicker and not punt back to back times to set up the come back but that is the whole point of building a huge lead. You can't tell me a team with the best home record in the NFL in the last 5 seasons is a fraud that's a huge playing sample. Being the number 1 seed in 2/3 years isn't by accident. Sure their defense isn't spectacular but they did enough to win the game and shut out the Seahawks before they were sent to play prevent defense for the rest of the game. They had pressure on Wilson plenty of times but he was able to escape with his legs and they never gave up a HUGE run to Wilson which is exactly what their gameplan was. With a team with a running QB it is impossible to stop them every time the key is to contain them from breaking a huge play down field. Atlanta is gonna beat up on the 49ers. Nobody wants to play Atlanta at home right now and with Atlanta playing as an underdog and people thinking that they aren't for real just helps their case.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by tshafer117 View Post
    Atlanta is far from a fraud team. Blowing a 20 point lead in these playoff games is purely based on the play style that these coaches insist you play when you have a big lead not because of lack of talent. With Julio Jones, Tony Gonzalez and Roddy White they can't be a fraud. Sure Matt Ryan has critics for losing his first 3 playoff games in his career but when the Falcons needed a big drive to win the game he did. He should of been able to end the game quicker and not punt back to back times to set up the come back but that is the whole point of building a huge lead. You can't tell me a team with the best home record in the NFL in the last 5 seasons is a fraud that's a huge playing sample. Being the number 1 seed in 2/3 years isn't by accident. Sure their defense isn't spectacular but they did enough to win the game and shut out the Seahawks before they were sent to play prevent defense for the rest of the game. They had pressure on Wilson plenty of times but he was able to escape with his legs and they never gave up a HUGE run to Wilson which is exactly what their gameplan was. With a team with a running QB it is impossible to stop them every time the key is to contain them from breaking a huge play down field. Atlanta is gonna beat up on the 49ers. Nobody wants to play Atlanta at home right now and with Atlanta playing as an underdog and people thinking that they aren't for real just helps their case.
    They are a fraud team. They should have lost yesterday. They will lose next weekend. Matt Ryan now 1-3 in playoff games and heading for 1-4. If Wilson was able to escape what do you think Kaepernick is going to do, especially on a turf field? How is Atlanta going to contain him?

ZetaPsi808
    July 2011 Poster of the Month
    ZetaPsi808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1982

OP had falcons -3 and lost by a point

also sixers, phillies, and eagles all suck

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by ZetaPsi808 View Post
    OP had falcons -3 and lost by a point

also sixers, phillies, and eagles all suck
    Nope. Had Seahawks +3 and cashed in.

Try again.

RayzHELL
    Go GATORS!!!
    RayzHELL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4198

You are engaging in hyperbole to get more replies. Atlanta is a solid team. Vegas odds have them as only 3 1/2 point dogs. One tipped interception could be the difference and they could win.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by RayzHELL View Post
    You are engaging in hyperbole to get more replies. Atlanta is a solid team. Vegas odds have them as only 3 1/2 point dogs. One tipped interception could be the difference and they could win.
    Bullshit. I am responding to posts directed at me. Atlanta is solid? When was the last time you saw the #1 seed in the conference getting points at home in a conference championship game? They should have lost to Seattle and they are definitely going to lose to San Fran.

12 Last