TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

Players Talk, if you believe in KARMA then how do you explain...

the success of the Harbaugh brothers and Ray Lewis yesterday?

2 smug asshole superpricks and a murderer/snitch bask in glory while guys like Mike Mccarthy, John Fox, Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers go down in defeat.

Those Buddhist/Hindu/Sikh temples should be demolished and a Taco Bell put up

SportsPedagogy
    SportsPedagogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

Because Karma happens after you die.

eastern2
    eastern2's Avatar Become A Pro!

McCarthy is the most overrated coach I've ever seen - guy is riding Rodgers coattails hard... He's always outcoached, has awful game & clock management... As long as he is coach Rodgers won't win another Super Bowl...

thunderous
    Update your status
    thunderous's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7111

Quote Originally Posted by TheCentaur View Post

2 smug asshole superpricks and a murderer/snitch bask in glory while guys like Mike Mccarthy, John Fox, Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers go down in defeat.

Do you believe in Karma?? I fear for you if you do...

TheCentaur

Quote Originally Posted by thunderous View Post
    Yes but I like Taco Bell better. Just kidding.

Sports pedagogy was right, it's happens in the next life. Mods delete thread

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

life just doesnt make sense sometimes

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Karma is cause and effect........Hindus took it and made it religious with some karma death bullshyt
    Points Awarded:

ACoochy gave Darkside Magick 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6882

karma eventually gets to them

lol @ Wilson ending his season with a failed hail mary lob.... when his ass got that bs Fail Mary td to win vs Packers

was 30 seconds away from playing for the super bowl, awe too bad lil man!

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

You have to look at the big picture, Centaur.

Maybe the Baltimore Ravens are being rewarded for the heartache that's being experienced by OJ Brigance.

....or maybe karma is as real as Santa Claus, you dummy.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by SportsPedagogy View Post
    Because Karma happens after you die.

you know what really happens after you die?

you end up as a box of bones....or maybe an urn of ashes

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

because karma really is supposed to happen in the after life, a guy like ray lewis would come back as a cockroach or termite and get squashed or something if you believe in that stuff

TheCentaur

You know what's weird? Buddha was supposedly born by divine conception, almost 500 years before Jesus.

I know what ur thinking...how can God go for 500 years without having sex?

Ernie Mccracken
    Ernie Mccracken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4304

If you believe in karma, hang out with a bunch of super rich guys and count how many got theirs by royally screwing over others. Watch a factory owner roll up in a $300k car to inspect the suicide nets at his sweatshop and tell me you believe in karma.

TheCentaur

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie Mccracken View Post
    If you believe in karma, hang out with a bunch of super rich guys and count how many got theirs by royally screwing over others. Watch a factory owner roll up in a $300k car to inspect the suicide nets at his sweatshop and tell me you believe in karma.
    Yeah it's conveniently something that happens in the next life, so there's no concrete link between actions and consequences. If it was something that was supposed to happen in the same lifetime the theory never would have lasted through a meeting with a lawyer or a deposit with BetIslands

pouyasophy
    pouyasophy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Because they are not a$$holes...they are competitors. Ray Lewis isn't a murderer either. As a matter of fact, Peyton, Mike McCarthy, and Peyton Manning are all quite arrogant, negative humans aiming for individual accomplishments... and you seem to be labeling people quite often. If you released some negative energy and tried meditation, marijuana, a positive attitude, or exercise, you would likely not be so angry at people who encourage peace and love.

The Ravens and 49ers are great teams with great coaches. Just because they are competitive and have some black players, it doesn't make them pricks or @holes. As a matter of fact, Peyton and Mike McCarthy are not exactly class acts...and how do you know these guys are pricks? It is unlikely that you know these guys other than what you see on television. I hope one day you can let go of your anger and realize that you're either angry about your bets or racist....probably both. I wish you well...

pouyasophy

Yeah it's conveniently something that happens in the next life, so there's no concrete link between actions and consequences. If it was something that was supposed to happen in the same lifetime the theory never would have lasted through a meeting with a lawyer or a deposit with BetIslands
    Karma seems to always come back and it's not always about WHAT HAPPENS, it's about how you perceive it and how you deal with the cards that are dealt.

pouyasophy

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie Mccracken View Post

Those rich business owners are possessed by their riches....they have no balance in life. If you truly are jealous of someone who has an addiction to money or power, then that is your choice. However, the lust for more of anything (money, power, sex) is a bigger weakness than any strength, in my opinion. I have friends who are obsessed with screwing women and then discussing it on facebook, I have aunts and uncles who seem to compare their finances weekly out of obsession (they don't need any $, they just have a competitive obsession).

pouyasophy

If you let negativity consume you, it will...you ARE ENERGY. If you can transform that into positive energy, good things will come your way...BUT YOU CANNOT REJECT POSITIVE ENERGY!!!

TheCentaur

Quote Originally Posted by pouyasophy View Post
    Because they are not a$$holes...they are competitors. Ray Lewis isn't a murderer either. As a matter of fact, Peyton, Mike McCarthy, and Peyton Manning are all quite arrogant, negative humans aiming for individual accomplishments... and you seem to be labeling people quite often. If you released some negative energy and tried meditation, marijuana, a positive attitude, or exercise, you would likely not be so angry at people who encourage peace and love.

The Ravens and 49ers are great teams with great coaches. Just because they are competitive and have some black players, it doesn't make them pricks or @holes. As a matter of fact, Peyton and Mike McCarthy are not exactly class acts...and how do you know these guys are pricks? It is unlikely that you know these guys other than what you see on television. I hope one day you can let go of your anger and realize that you're either angry about your bets or racist....probably both. I wish you well...
    After reading this I think you you need more balance in your marijuana use because you were obviously quite high when you wrote it.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1824

Everyone in the NFL is an asshole, everyone with money is an asshole.

Pro sports are full of assholes and bad people and nothing will ever happen to 99% of them.

pouyasophy

After reading this I think you you need more balance in your marijuana use because you were obviously quite high when you wrote it.
    Ad hominem is when you attack the person and not the argument. I attacked your argument and you attacked me. I hope you are one day able to explain your racism or your belief that someone like Peyton Manning, McCarthy, and Rodgers deserve wins more than the Harbaughs or Ray Lewis because you have a hunch or proof that someone is or isn't a prick or murderer...
    Last edited by pouyasophy; 01-14-13 at 08:06 AM. Reason: typo

pouyasophy

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post

Pro sports are full of assholes and bad people and nothing will ever happen to 99% of them.
    Nothing is absolute. You're a gambler, which means that you likely lose more than you win, which means you likely have a pessimistic view on life, which led you to making that "all or nothing" statement. It's ok, you still have 1% of hope. Money isn't everything, despite what you believe...I wouldn't work 8 hours a day for 100k a year for 30 years if my health and mind would suffer...that's just stupid, but I guess Americans who live for money and food are mostly stupid, which is why they work 8 hours a day, spend another hour driving to and from work, spend another 2 hours eating and drinking cancer, and then go home and watch the idiot box for 3 hours until they pass out like the cow that they are, and then take pills that cause more problems because they don't have time to exercise...

but yeah, money is everything

thes0vereign
    Don't bet with your heart.
    thes0vereign's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post

Pro sports are The entire world is full of assholes and bad people and nothing will ever happen to 99% of them.
    What we rarely see is a statement about KARMA involving someone doing something selfless and positive. I wonder why the world is so full of assholes...

Perhaps we give them too much attention?

EDIT: For those with karma bloodlust, if you need an example of someone getting what they deserve, remember...

Pete Carroll.
    Last edited by thes0vereign; 01-14-13 at 08:27 AM.

TheCentaur

Ad hominem is when you attack the person and not the argument. I attacked your argument and you attacked me. I hope you are one day able to explain your racism or your belief that someone like Peyton Manning, McCarthy, and Rodgers deserve wins more than the Harbaughs or Ray Lewis because you have a hunch or proof that someone is or isn't a prick or murderer...
    No, attacking you would be something like "You are an idiot dopehead"

I didn't say that, nor do I mean that. I felt your argument was full of contradictions and so I postulated that you must have been very high to have made it.

Obfuscation is when you purposefully make things cryptic or confusing in order to deflect and be argumentative. You state that the Harbaughs and Ray Lewis are merely competitors, not pricks, but then go on to condemn other players for seeking individual accomplishments (being competitive).

You bring up racism and a team having black players out of nowhere as it was never mentioned in this thread until you brought it up. Maybe you have read some other threads and decided that I am racist, but bringing it up in this thread is just an attempt at hyperbole that many on this forum are familiar with.

As far as determining whether or not the Harbaughs are pricks, that is relative and always will be someone's opinion. I think you lose credibility with the forum though when you try to argue that the Harbaughs are merely competitive while Manning, Mccarthy, Rogers, and John Fox are selfish and negative.

TheCentaur

Quote Originally Posted by thunderous View Post
    Yes but I will just stop believing in it right before I die so everything should be fine

pouyasophy

I didn't say that, nor do I mean that. I felt your argument was full of contradictions and so I postulated that you must have been very high to have made it.

Obfuscation is when you purposefully make things cryptic or confusing in order to deflect and be argumentative. You state that the Harbaughs and Ray Lewis are merely competitors, not pricks, but then go on to condemn other players for seeking individual accomplishments (being competitive).

You bring up racism and a team having black players out of nowhere as it was never mentioned in this thread until you brought it up. Maybe you have read some other threads and decided that I am racist, but bringing it up in this thread is just an attempt at hyperbole that many on this forum are familiar with.

As far as determining whether or not the Harbaughs are pricks, that is relative and always will be someone's opinion. I think you lose credibility with the forum though when you try to argue that the Harbaughs are merely competitive while Manning, Mccarthy, Rogers, and John Fox are selfish and negative.
    Maybe, but perhaps you lose credibility when you argue that they are pricks when McCarthy, Manning, and John Fox have done things in the past that would not make them look "classy or pure" as you seem to suggest. Ray Lewis, although I do not know him, has a glow in his eyes, which leads me to believe that a man with so much love in his soul/heart could not have committed a double murder and live with a clear conscious for over a decade. John Harbaugh has never been anything but classy (from what I've seen) and Jim Harbaugh's "incident" with Schwartz was originally caused by Schwartz yelling across the field questioning Jim's intelligence in the middle of a game. The Harbaughs are competitive, they didn't cheat like Belichick, they didn't harm or kill anyone (even though you seem to enjoy throwing around murder accusations for no reason), and I feel like you have some anger/gambling/racism issues that cause you to dislike teams with black players, black fans from black cities, or simply have a hard time focusing your negative energy where it needs to be. Regardless, I wish you well and hope you are able to stop unnecessarily blaming for your mood, lack of direction in life, or lack of inspiration on football players.

pouyasophy

Calling someone a name or saying someone is "high," whether or not it's true, is ad hominem because you have lost all focus on the argument and directed the attack toward the individual. Whether or not you call me gay, a sissy, or a dopehead, it's still ad hominem.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

"Karma is not punishment or retribution but simply an extended expression or consequence of natural acts. Karma means "deed" or "act" and more broadly names the universal principle of cause and effect, action and reaction, that governs all life. The effects experienced are also able to be mitigated by actions and are not necessarily fated. That is to say, a particular action now is not binding to some particular, predetermined future experience or reaction; it is not a simple, one-to-one correspondence of reward or punishment."

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post
    karma eventually gets to them

lol @ Wilson ending his season with a failed hail mary lob.... when his ass got that bs Fail Mary td to win vs Packers

was 30 seconds away from playing for the super bowl, awe too bad lil man!
    he actually had 1 more game to play u moron

TheCentaur

Calling someone a name or saying someone is "high," whether or not it's true, is ad hominem because you have lost all focus on the argument and directed the attack toward the individual. Whether or not you call me gay, a sissy, or a dopehead, it's still ad hominem.
    Calling someone "racist" is the king of ad hominem attacks today, something which you did from the very beginning. While I respect your opinions and arguments, you seem very blind to your own errors and trangressions. Anyway I wish you the best also. Unless your gay.

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13