tblues2005
    tblues2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7184

I thought it could have been GB -3. I like GB.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Packers defense is the best left in the playoffs.
    It's definitely a lot better than last year. Much closer to the defense that won the Super Bowl.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by tblues2005 View Post
    I thought it could have been GB -3.
    lol what? they're playing in candlestick chief. why would the 2 seed in the nfc off a bye be an underdog at home? you've been here since 06 and you think GB was gonna be -3?

gl i kinda like gb too

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    lol what? they're playing in candlestick chief. why would the 2 seed in the nfc off a bye be an underdog at home? you've been here since 06 and you think GB was gonna be -3?

gl i kinda like gb too
    Saints were something like -4 last year at the #2 seed San Fran.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Quote Originally Posted by freakydave View Post
    You don't know what your talking about.
    Well judging by their 51 sacks allowed with a Qb who can escape pressure, they can't pass block. They also give up 4.5 yards per rushing attempt which is near the league worst.

So what exactly are you talking about?

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1830

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Saints were something like -4 last year at the #2 seed San Fran.
    Closed -2.5 I think.

GamblerSpirit
    TheCentaur, Spankie gone fishing :(
    GamblerSpirit's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Noners all day. D2 dont you monitor futures?
    What a surprise.

Stevedore
    Stevedore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4435

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Well judging by their 51 sacks allowed with a Qb who can escape pressure, they can't pass block. They also give up 4.5 yards per rushing attempt which is near the league worst.

Rodgers aspires to the philosophy of every drive ending with a kick; whether it's an extra point, FG or punt. The sack stats are not all on the line, he'll take a sack rather than force a ball and get it picked off, that's why is rating an numbers are the best. He learned from Favre what not to do when pressured.

As for the bad run average, you throw out the two Adrian Peterson games and now what does it look like? Peterson torched the whole league with an almost 6.0 ypr, they're not as bad as you think they are against the run.

I do agree though that SF is probably better up front on both sides though, more physical; going to be the best game I feel.

Stevedore

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Boy View Post
    49ers already whooped Pack in GB. SF coming off a bye week.
    Both teams are vastly different, hard to go off that game. GB's secondary week 1 and now is vastly different, using different guys.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

Remember Week 1, the 49ers made the Packers look bad.

GamblerSpirit
    TheCentaur, Spankie gone fishing :(
    GamblerSpirit's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by GunShard View Post
    You can't be serious.

JassieJames
    JassieJames's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 594

Quote Originally Posted by GunShard View Post
    Packers had a rough preseason and looked out of sync at the beginning of the year. Also they had a lot of injuries in training camp that prevented a lot of starters to practice or even play. The 49ers have a different qb this time around and a different style of play on the offense. This match up is a lot different then the week 1 match up.

flyboy
    Let's go racing!!
    flyboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Quote Originally Posted by Stevedore View Post
    Rodgers aspires to the philosophy of every drive ending with a kick; whether it's an extra point, FG or punt. The sack stats are not all on the line, he'll take a sack rather than force a ball and get it picked off, that's why is rating an numbers are the best. He learned from Favre what not to do when pressured.

As for the bad run average, you throw out the two Adrian Peterson games and now what does it look like? Peterson torched the whole league with an almost 6.0 ypr, they're not as bad as you think they are against the run.

I do agree though that SF is probably better up front on both sides though, more physical; going to be the best game I feel.
    I agree with Rogers taking sacks to not throw an int. but as far as learning that from favre I highly disagree. Favre threw interceptions like they were going out of style!

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

Quote Originally Posted by flyboy View Post
    I agree with Rogers taking sacks to not throw an int. but as far as learning that from favre I highly disagree. Favre threw interceptions like they were going out of style!
    Actually he said "He learned from Favre what not to do when pressured."

4TH AND STUPID
    best NFL capper at SBR
    4TH AND STUPID's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1990

what the hell are you talking about?

1) denver
    2) seattle
    3) san fran

what the hell games are you watching

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Quote Originally Posted by smitch124 View Post
    Actually he said "He learned from Favre what not to do when pressured."
    Like don't force it into coverage on 3rd & long
    don't use the copier and photocopy your schlong

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Handicapable View Post
    Like don't force it into coverage on 3rd & long
    don't use the copier and photocopy your schlong
    haha yes, and not necessarily in that order.

freakydave
    freakydave's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post

I hear ya but you have to realise that they played 2 games vs AP the guy who almost broke dickersons record.The next worst game they had giving up yds/ground was gore 112 & that was in week 1.The D is healthier now than it was all year as evidenced by the fact they held AP to under 100 yds in the wildcard game.The offensive line likewise is playing alot better since the old man at center has been on the bench.I am not saying GB's run D is to be envied but the D is closer to the year they won the SB than people are willing to admit.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21665

I think that's kind of a silly mantra. There are times when a turnover is no worse than a kick. And why did they go for it 13 times on 4th down?

freakydave
    freakydave's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

Quote Originally Posted by 4TH AND STUPID View Post
    what the hell are you talking about?

1) denver
    2) seattle
    3) san fran

what the hell games are you watching
    4) houston
    5)GB
    6)balt
    7)NE
    8)ATL

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21665

Where's all the people questioning me saying it was a perfect line. +3+102 is now +3-130. Wouldn't be surprised if it closes -2.

RonPaul2008
    Update your status
    RonPaul2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 243569

I was execting SF -2.5 and when it came out +3 + juice I figured +3 wouldn't last long.

RonPaul2008
    Update your status
    RonPaul2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 243569

techmagic
    techmagic's Avatar Become A Pro!

Taking a chance with Green Bay -7 +341
    $200 to win $682

Aussiefalconfan
    Makin' it Hail
    Aussiefalconfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 811

In Australia I took texas +9 and GB outright @ $2.40

What does @+102 mean?

psufan
    psufan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4599

I like that play tech, I think rodgers will make fewer mistakes and bigger plays than a kapernick. I think it's gonna bite harbaugh in the nose to start kapernick over smith so late in the season. If Gb wins this game they are going to the superbowl.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Both teams are vastly different, hard to go off that game. GB's secondary week 1 and now is vastly different, using different guys.
    You're kidding, right? Woodson, Williams, Burnett, Shields, Heyward any of those names ring a bell?

Besides the Woodson injury and Jennings stepping in, it's been the same guys all year. Not just that, besides adding the rookie Heyward and cutting Peprah, this secondary is the same guys from last year. I know they are tweaking the scheme to give Woodson more freedom, but come on, "different guys" as you say? Same guys as week 1, mostly the same guys as last year's #32 ranked pass defense.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    I think that's kind of a silly mantra. There are times when a turnover is no worse than a kick. And why did they go for it 13 times on 4th down?
    Cause Crosby sucks.

byronbb
    byronbb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2284

Quote Originally Posted by Aussiefalconfan View Post
    In Australia I took texas +9 and GB outright @ $2.40

What does @+102 mean?

Books juicing GB. If we take Pinny to be sharp CRIS is dealing a small +EV on SF right now at -3 +110. But DSI is at +105, as is SIA who is usually terrified of GB money. It could easily move off the 3 but no way in hell GB is the right side. Consensus money fwiw is 2:1 for SF.

Stevedore

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    It's not silly at all, especially when you have a good punter. A deep ball into double coverage that gets picked off inside the 20 isn't a bad turnover if it's on 3rd down. In that regard, I agree with you, and you're supposed to go for it on 4th and 5 or less on the opponent 35-40 when you have a kicker like Crosby.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    You're kidding, right? Woodson, Williams, Burnett, Shields, Heyward any of those names ring a bell?

Besides the Woodson injury and Jennings stepping in, it's been the same guys all year. Not just that, besides adding the rookie Heyward and cutting Peprah, this secondary is the same guys from last year. I know they are tweaking the scheme to give Woodson more freedom, but come on, "different guys" as you say? Same guys as week 1, mostly the same guys as last year's #32 ranked pass defense.
    Except this year, they're ranked 7th in pass defense. Same guys, MUCH better performance.
    Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 06-20-14 at 05:31 PM.

Stevedore

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post

Your ignorance of Packer football is on a staggering level, I wouldn't bet this game if I were you.

From the Press Gazette: Nearly four months later, the Green Bay Packers and San Francisco 49ers barely resemble the teams that opened the season at Lambeau Field. Nine players who appeared in that Week 1 game ended up on injured reserve.

The Packers will start two different offensive linemen, two new linebackers (one inside and one outside), a different cornerback and a different running back. In addition, their nickel cornerback, Casey Hayward, who has become one of their top playmakers, had almost no role on defense that day. ( He had 3 freakin' snaps in the game!!)

Way back on Sept. 9, the Packers were a work in progress on defense. They started Jarrett Bush at right cornerback instead of Sam Shields, who is the starter now. They had rookie first-round pick Nick Perry at left outside linebacker but now use a platoon of rookie Dezman Moses and Erik Walden after Perry’s season ended in October because of a wrist injury.They had D.J. Smith at inside linebacker, but now they’re on to their No. 3 man at that spot, Brad Jones.

By the end of the season, though, Packers defensive coordinator Dom Capers had his unit ranked 11th in the 32-team NFL in yards and points allowed.
    “I think we’re quite a bit different team now,” Capers said Sunday. “Hopefully we’re a little more battle tested with the guys we put on the field. Hopefully they’re a little more confident in our schemes and what we want to do.”

You learn something big shot?
    Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 06-20-14 at 05:31 PM.

khaless
    khaless's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think it's a true coin flip game. I can see it going either way, but I like Green Bay.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Packers will start two different offensive linemen, two new linebackers (one inside and one outside), a different cornerback and a different running back. In addition, their nickel cornerback, Casey Hayward, who has become one of their top playmakers, had almost no role on defense that day. ( He had 3 freakin' snaps in the game!!)
    I forgot about Hayward. He's a sneaky player to have lurking in the secondary. Great addition.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Stevedore, the only difference is that the rookie has played more. How shocking is that? Rookies tend to develop over the course of the season, but Heyward still isn't even a starter. I disagree with nothing in that article, I'm only amused that you think it negates my point. Woodson, Williams, Burnett, Shields will be starting Saturday night, that's the same secondary SF saw week 1.

Really?
    Last edited by slacker00; 01-11-13 at 05:56 AM.

First 123 Last