frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Quote Originally Posted by BlacK_HazE View Post
    Not exactly sure where your getting your "public percentages" but the books have been killing in the bowl games this year.
    If you know any street bookies, they are not too happy with what just happen so far in these BCS games and the wild card. I'm certain the online books are taking the same hit. They're lucky just to get some action on the Unders, which is not much because heavy money is always on the spread.

The BCS games and the NFL Playoffs are what we call the Money Game. These game are equivalent to the NFL Sunday night and Monday night games, where Vegas usually buries everyone with their sharp lines. Vegas can with stand this losing surge because they millions to back them, but many Online books and Street bookies won't.
    Last edited by frostno98; 01-06-13 at 07:25 PM.

Sledge187
    Sledge187's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6001

good read

terpkeg
    terpkeg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2428

Who is the "public" that everyone is talking about in this thread??????

terpkeg
    terpkeg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2428

It's good we have everyone in forumville to offset "the public's" luck this year or books may just shut down for good.

esulima
    esulima's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5486

Quote Originally Posted by vagabond3079 View Post
    Why don't they come up with better lines? I missed the money train i'm broke. I usually like taking the points and obviously it hasn't worked out.
    fukk me too lost my ass

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

All favorites won and people claiming the books made a killing this week because as we know Joe Square Public likes to play the dog.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1800

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    All favorites won and people claiming the books made a killing this week because as we know Joe Square Public likes to play the dog.
    They do these. Before Lewis announcement. Colts were getting like 80% action. Vikings 70% before late action.
    Most of the board on here was on the Bengals. Colts ML was free money to most since it will be Luck vs Manning.

On and on. Public squares are psuedo sharps now thanks to the internet. Taking dogs, too many points, teasing dogs.
    All at the wrong time I might add.

So you don't think all the joe squares won't be on the Packers because they are a dog and they only play faves? lol

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7624

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    joes were all over the colts and vikes. not related though that the books were juicing the shit out of those teams.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    joes were all over the colts and vikes. not related though that the books were juicing the shit out of those teams.
    You mean like they're juicing the Texans right now?

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7624

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    You mean like they're juicing the Texans right now?

it looks like a teaser cover to me at Pinny. the rest are -110.

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas39 View Post
    Between basketball and wildcard weekend they will make most back
    Favs went 4-0

Not-A-Kid
    Not-A-Kid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8134

Like others have said in this thread, seems like the vast majority of people saw Colts at +7 and thought it was free money. No question that the "public" was on the Colts. The other 3 games the books probably made money because every game stayed UNDER the total (unless they got hammered with late Green Bay money once the news broke that Webb was out).

frostno98

Quote Originally Posted by Fishgold View Post
    the public 70% on notre dame. will this crush the books if they cover?
    Looks like the books finally got some back in this game. I'm certain their was a ton of money from people winning yesterday easily in the NFL who tried to double their winnings today and lost on Notre Dame. Should be a precursor on what might happen the rest of the week, where squares will continue to get buried now.

frostno98

Okay folks, the Public are heavy on these 4 NFL games. I think they go 2-2 since I don't see them all losing or covering. I think both the Broncos and Packers percentage will narrow alot before kickoff making it basically even between Public and Sharps, and I think both will cover.

62% Broncos
    58% Packers
    65% Falcons
    73% Patriots

First 12