lyon804
    lyon804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

Atlanta Pro Sports-Chokers

What is it with Atlanta? Generally speaking over the last several years the city of Atlanta has had solid teams in the Falcons,Braves,and the Hawks. They all win, usually have what many would consider successful regular season's. However, when they get to the playoff'sI grew up a Atlanta Braves fan and I watched that organization win 14 consecutive division titles and go to 4 WS with only 1 championship to show for it. The lone championship during that run came in 1995 at the expense of the Cleveland Indians- A city more tortured than Atlanta Fans. The one thing you can pretty much count on in Atlanta is the inability to win the big game. You can even include Georgia Bulldogs Football in this if you want to. They so mimmick the city's professional teams.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Can you tell us how many Championships has Chicago won the last 15 years? I'm listening.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1824

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Can you tell us how many Championships has Chicago won the last 15 years? I'm listening.
    Bulls, Blackhawks, White Sox.

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

As a lifelong hawks fan i will say our ownership has always been shitty. A lot of Atlanta is transit like miami where almost everyone is from somewhere else. Most of them are fans of their hometown teams which is why attendence always sucks for Atlanta. The hawks were always rebuiding and drafting horrid. The braves have had good years and the falcons are decent now. There are better towns for fan bases but the teams are decent
    Quote Originally Posted by lyon804 View Post
    What is it with Atlanta? Generally speaking over the last several years the city of Atlanta has had solid teams in the Falcons,Braves,and the Hawks. They all win, usually have what many would consider successful regular season's. However, when they get to the playoff'sI grew up a Atlanta Braves fan and I watched that organization win 14 consecutive division titles and go to 4 WS with only 1 championship to show for it. The lone championship during that run came in 1995 at the expense of the Cleveland Indians- A city more tortured than Atlanta Fans. The one thing you can pretty much count on in Atlanta is the inability to win the big game. You can even include Georgia Bulldogs Football in this if you want to. They so mimmick the city's professional teams.