CorkyThatcher
    CorkyThatcher's Avatar Become A Pro!

I made three deposits last week for a total of $726. Lost it all. Found BI through SBR. While my prenomintion is than SBR wasn't directly involved as a backer or making outrageous profit from this outfit, it seems pretty clear they knew the financial state and didn't send proper notification. For that alone, they are wrong and my deposits SHOULD HAVE NEVER SENT (especially if they possessed knowledge of their bankrupt status).

firedawg
    firedawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1066

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

Definitely agree man. You might be a little late to the party but all opinions should be heard.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

I hate to even get involved in another one of these threads. I've said my piece and my beliefs haven't changed. SBR dropped the ball and people lost money because of it. More than that there reputation took quite a hit. I remember John trying to convince me some time ago how different SBR was from rx,major wager, covers etc... Because SBR did things right and avoided these types of situations. Ironically here we are.

I think most of the focus now should be on Bill Dozer. He's the one, rumor has it, knew the longest. I can only wonder why he withheld information he had. Did he have post up there? J7 did so it is reasonable to wanna know if Dozer also had money in there. If so and he withheld info for however long while posters kept sending in deposits, that would be quite worrisome.

likely another question we won't get answered.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

sickler
    Facade 101
    sickler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2983

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    I hate to even get involved in another one of these threads. I've said my piece and my beliefs haven't changed. SBR dropped the ball and people lost money because of it. More than that there reputation took quite a hit. I remember John trying to convince me some time ago how different SBR was from rx,major wager, covers etc... Because SBR did things right and avoided these types of situations. Ironically here we are.

I think most of the focus now should be on Bill Dozer. He's the one, rumor has it, knew the longest. I can only wonder why he withheld information he had. Did he have post up there? J7 did so it is reasonable to wanna know if Dozer also had money in there. If so and he withheld info for however long while posters kept sending in deposits, that would be quite worrisome.

likely another question we won't get answered.
    It appears SBR is afraid of the person/persons behind Betislands. A post from John the other day makes it pretty clear. I agree Bill had to know what was going on. He's in CR, his job dealing with books, surrounded by industry talk about the locals. Posters are making a big deal about a post from SBR John asking to meet with BI Jon for a drink, but how many times did Bill and Jon meet for a drink? Anyone want to bet who met more often? My money's on Bill-Jon. I'll give you 5-1.

How did Bill's announcement about Betislands closing with players funds go down? Did Bill Receive a call from Jon that day..."Ok Bill, you can do it now"

I will never believe that Bill didn't know about the sad & sorry state of BI, no matter what is said to the contrary. It's possible that John didn't know, he's the owner and maybe relies on people he employs in key positions to steer things the proper way.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Mikeyanks23

KTnamja
    i'm a SBR PRO
    KTnamja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

This is worse than the Martha Stewart insider info.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

yeah, bill knew for sure. because hes been the most vocal defending his close pal sslp even after he scammed all those people.

feel sorry for those who made deposits in the final weeks because the watchdog they trusted failed to alert them.

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by sickler View Post

It appears SBR is afraid of the person/persons behind Betislands. A post from John the other day makes it pretty clear. I agree Bill had to know what was going on. He's in CR, his job dealing with books, surrounded by industry talk about the locals. Posters are making a big deal about a post from SBR John asking to meet with BI Jon for a drink, but how many times did Bill and Jon meet for a drink? Anyone want to bet who met more often? My money's on Bill-Jon. I'll give you 5-1.

How did Bill's announcement about Betislands closing with players funds go down? Did Bill Receive a call from Jon that day..."Ok Bill, you can do it now"

I will never believe that Bill didn't know about the sad & sorry state of BI, no matter what is said to the contrary. It's possible that John didn't know, he's the owner and maybe relies on people he employs in key positions to steer things the proper way.
    Couldn't agree more.

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    yeah, bill knew for sure. because hes been the most vocal defending his close pal sslp even after he scammed all those people.

feel sorry for those who made deposits in the final weeks because the watchdog they trusted failed to alert them.
    Same here.

playersonly69
    playersonly69's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 142

Guys we are grownups! We are responsible for our own actions.

SBR isnt to blame at all!

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by playersonly69 View Post
    Guys we are grownups! We are responsible for our own actions.

SBR isnt to blame at all!
    Come on PO, you can do better than that. Of course we knew the risk. We're beyond that and discussing the broader scope of what happened and the impending landscape change.

But to come in and diminish SBR's part does no good. Information should have been passed along to players like the OP to stop the deposits because there was a 0% chance they were going to get this money back and this information was withheld.

For guys like me and likely Kgambler, our money was as good as gone but it was also money won, not as much deposited. But for the guys that kept depositing because Ryan told them "we're having processor issues and you won't be able to deposit again until January" when it's right in the middle of bowl season, they deserved better.

Also, maybe I don't know you well enough to get your sarcasm.

Mikeyanks23
    Welcome to Darkhat Nation
    Mikeyanks23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2046

Kraken thats not sarcasm from playersonly. Guy constantly sucks off sbr. But im sure his tune would be different if he had money in betislands.

Kraken hope you and your family have a safe and happy holiday.

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

yep because if five dimes goes down where he plays then he will be screaming bloody murder

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeyanks23 View Post
    Kraken thats not sarcasm from playersonly. Guy constantly sucks off sbr. But im sure his tune would be different if he had money in betislands.

Kraken hope you and your family have a safe and happy holiday.