frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Arm guards in school; Good or Bad

I say both. Having an armed guard gives schools a chance to fight fire with fire. The bad, what happens if the armed guard accidentally kills an innocent child in a fire fightWho will get sued if this happens.

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

stupid idea ... fckn dumb liberals

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21665

Quote Originally Posted by You mad bro View Post
    Which idea is stupid?

You mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Which idea is stupid?

to have armed guards in schools .. sorry

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

to have armed guards in schools .. sorry
    That's the NRA's idea. They're liberals?

You mad bro

That's the NRA's idea. They're liberals?
    nah .. i just figured id say fck liberals to start up a political war

You mad bro

obama wants to ban guns anyway ... he should know thatll never happen .. guns will always be around .. until we start getting some laser beam rifles and hover crafts

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3683

I dont think NRA is a liberal organization?

http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/21/us/con...ing/index.html

Liberals would probably advocate a complete banning of guns.

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3683

nah .. i just figured id say fck liberals to start up a political war
    Yeah Right.

You mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by convick View Post
    Yeah Right.
    i never even said it was a liberal idea lol .. all i said was its stupid .. and fckn dumb liberals ... sorry if u think otherwise brother

You mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by convick View Post
    I dont think NRA is a liberal organization?

http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/21/us/con...ing/index.html

Liberals would probably advocate a complete banning of guns.
    obama is begging gun control supporters to help promote the banning of guns ... ever read a newspaper or watch the news

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

obama wants to ban guns anyway ... he should know thatll never happen .. guns will always be around .. until we start getting some laser beam rifles and hover crafts
    I guess you can read his mind.

You mad bro

I guess you can read his mind.
    have you not watched any news story about obama speaking about gun control? i guess not

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

this has to be the dumbest idea, this is what drives me crazy in america is its love penetrating for guns, guns and more guns. if their is a problem with guns, more guns. problem with more guns, lets have bigger guns! problem with bigger guns lets allow people to carry guns whever they want! when will this bull shit stop.
    penetrating columbine has two armed rent a cops. two. they both returned fire, did nothing. the fact is these armed guns will not solve anything if we do not ban these assult weapons and high capacity weapons. the armed guard would be dead on the guard before he could even blink and pull his gun.

i just don't understand why people think the answer to gun violence is more guns. when we have 3 percent of the worlds population, and 50 percent of the guns. and we have by far, by far, the worst rate out of the richest countries in the world. germany around 50 gun realted deaths per year, 80 million popuation. in contrast usa over 100k and growing gun deaths per year, mass shootings every month, and 300 mil population.

the truth is, nothing is going to get done. sadly, just look at this fiscal cliff mess. the far right tea baggers would rather have everyone get a tax raise, for benefits to be cut for s.c medicaid medcaire food stamps and many other social programs then to raise taxes on the richest one percent. the president is asking for over 400k, which is up from 250k. nothing.

the f';ing republicans wouldn't even vote for a tax raise for people making over 1 million! this wasn't even a real vote, this was just a show vote brought up by the speaker of the house to show he cares about spending cuts. blew up in his face.

the fact is. in till the old white far right tea baggers die off and the new generation, with shifting demographics come in and take control of the country change is never going to get here. so i say 10-20 years of more mass shootings and growing murder rates and we might get something done. remember senate terms are 6 years so the tea baggers in the seanate that some how made it are there.

neverstoppers23

obama is begging gun control supporters to help promote the banning of guns ... ever read a newspaper or watch the news
    wrong. 100 percent wrong. obama doesn't want to ban all guns. he has never said this. obama wants to ban assault weapons . and high capacity magazines. something that republicans boy toy reagan supported, and wrote to the senate in the 90s urging them to support the bill. the fact is reagan would be too liberal for this republican age.which is really shocking but true.

obama actually expanding rights for gun owners in his time so far allowing them to carry guns in goivt parks.

You mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by neverstoppers23 View Post
    this has to be the dumbest idea, this is what drives me crazy in america is its love penetrating for guns, guns and more guns. if their is a problem with guns, more guns. problem with more guns, lets have bigger guns! problem with bigger guns lets allow people to carry guns whever they want! when will this bull shit stop.
    penetrating columbine has two armed rent a cops. two. they both returned fire, did nothing. the fact is these armed guns will not solve anything if we do not ban these assult weapons and high capacity weapons. the armed guard would be dead on the guard before he could even blink and pull his gun.

i just don't understand why people think the answer to gun violence is more guns. when we have 3 percent of the worlds population, and 50 percent of the guns. and we have by far, by far, the worst rate out of the richest countries in the world. germany around 50 gun realted deaths per year, 80 million popuation. in contrast usa over 100k and growing gun deaths per year, mass shootings every month, and 300 mil population.

the truth is, nothing is going to get done. sadly, just look at this fiscal cliff mess. the far right tea baggers would rather have everyone get a tax raise, for benefits to be cut for s.c medicaid medcaire food stamps and many other social programs then to raise taxes on the richest one percent. the president is asking for over 400k, which is up from 250k. nothing.

the f';ing republicans wouldn't even vote for a tax raise for people making over 1 million! this wasn't even a real vote, this was just a show vote brought up by the speaker of the house to show he cares about spending cuts. blew up in his face.

the fact is. in till the old white far right tea baggers die off and the new generation, with shifting demographics come in and take control of the country change is never going to get here. so i say 10-20 years of more mass shootings and growing murder rates and we might get something done. remember senate terms are 6 years so the tea baggers in the seanate that some how made it are there.
    agree to the fact armed guards would be clueless ... the only way that will work is if they are a cop or a military trained soldier or veteran ... who the fck would want some fat security guard with a pistol in their school ... my kids will not be going to a school where there is a weapon in it .. rather just have them home schooled ... fck the NRA and this stupid idea to put weapons in schools where there are little children

Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15307

If you use the NRA argument that more guns save lives. We should be the safest country on the planet. Instead the ratio of gun related deaths in the USA to countries that have banned guns is about 250 to 1. Their stupid argument isn't even right.

mynameismud
    mynameismud's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8427

i dont agree with arming every school, but the nra made a good point. "the only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is with a good guy with a gun." whether you agree with guns or not, the quote does make sense.

Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15307

I thought all these GOP clowns were for smaller government? Guess they can just throw that argument out the window when it serves their own cause.

You mad bro

wrong. 100 percent wrong. obama doesn't want to ban all guns. he has never said this. obama wants to ban assault weapons . and high capacity magazines. something that republicans boy toy reagan supported, and wrote to the senate in the 90s urging them to support the bill. the fact is reagan would be too liberal for this republican age.which is really shocking but true.

obama actually expanding rights for gun owners in his time so far allowing them to carry guns in goivt parks.
    all they said on NBC news this morning and CNN i read an article that just said the word "guns" ... as for assault rifles and all the heavy duty machinery i agree with the banning for civilians to own ... unless u are a veteran i feel itll be okay for them to have their own ... but these stupid fckn media reporters are making this way worse than what it really is ... they talk about this every 4 years and nothing is ever done .. fck it

neverstoppers23

Quote Originally Posted by mynameismud View Post
    i dont agree with arming every school, but the nra made a good point. "the only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is with a good guy with a gun." whether you agree with guns or not, the quote does make sense.
    no it doesn't it makes 0 sense. the fact is most people would not stop anther person with a gun. they would either miss him, or hit other innocent people in the room. even trained policemen have a higher rate of this. its not like you are going to be standing 1 foot away from the person with the gun at his head.
    also the gun in the house has a better chance of being used in an accident/domestic abuse then it being used for self-protection.

You mad bro

it makes sense .. but what makes u so sure that good guy u hve in a school wont miss and hit a child .. how can u explain that ... an armed guard that was put in the school was the reason for a death .. nothing will get done and everyone should just leave this shit alone

neverstoppers23

all they said on NBC news this morning and CNN i read an article that just said the word "guns" ... as for assault rifles and all the heavy duty machinery i agree with the banning for civilians to own ... unless u are a veteran i feel itll be okay for them to have their own ... but these stupid fckn media reporters are making this way worse than what it really is ... they talk about this every 4 years and nothing is ever done .. fck it
    been watching the news the last few days, i have never heard 'guns'. they want gun control, but that means to put the assault weapons ban back in place. a total ban of guns will never happen in america sadly, because we are so gosh darn lucky to have the second amendment!

mynameismud

no it doesn't it makes 0 sense. the fact is most people would not stop anther person with a gun. they would either miss him, or hit other innocent people in the room. even trained policemen have a higher rate of this. its not like you are going to be standing 1 foot away from the person with the gun at his head.
    also the gun in the house has a better chance of being used in an accident/domestic abuse then it being used for self-protection.
    trust me guy, i am not pro gun. never even shot a gun before. how in the hell do you stop an armed man then? please enlighten me.

You mad bro

been watching the news the last few days, i have never heard 'guns'. they want gun control, but that means to put the assault weapons ban back in place. a total ban of guns will never happen in america sadly, because we are so gosh darn lucky to have the second amendment!

i heard it this morning and yesterday the word guns ... but anyway i agree with u that putting armed guards in schools is retarded .. like is aid before if i had a choice my children wont be going to any school where there is a gun ...im sorry just my opinion

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

That's because lots of people who feel the need to have a gun should be nowhere near one. Safe gun owners are safer with a gun, the majority of people are not.

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

Some high schools in high risk areas do have armed guards and I have never heard of a problem from them.

The trouble is the crazy nutjobs can come from high socio-economic areas where there isn't the stereotypical gang mentality.

This is a difficult question since the price of having armed guards at all schools is something the education cannot handle right now.

Maybe we should just move the TSA guards into schools.

You mad bro

trust me guy, i am not pro gun. never even shot a gun before. how in the hell do you stop an armed man then? please enlighten me.
    so a guy with an automatic weapon in a school killing people .. a fat armed guard with a pistol will stop them? lke i said before the only way this will work is if they get a veteran soldier or a current soldier to guard the schools .. other wise this idea is 100% STUPID

mynameismud

Quote Originally Posted by tto827 View Post
    That's because lots of people who feel the need to have a gun should be nowhere near one. Safe gun owners are safer with a gun, the majority of people are not.
    100% agree with that.

You mad bro

i went to a high school where there were bloods, crips, and kings all in it ... no guns were needed ... people dealt with their business outside the school ... how often does a guy come into a school and blow away 30 people?

are you then going to put armed guards in movie theatres? how about grocery stores? popular restaurants? cmon give me a fckn break

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68545

An armed police officer has been in every middle and high school for over a decade now in many states.

Every school needs 2 armed police officers at that sight.

Kids love police officers.

Very simple.

How do you pay for it.

Tax the crap out of gun sales and bullets.

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

so a guy with an automatic weapon in a school killing people .. a fat armed guard with a pistol will stop them? lke i said before the only way this will work is if they get a veteran soldier or a current soldier to guard the schools .. other wise this idea is 100% STUPID
    Exactly, the guard will just be the first victim. regardless of who it is.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'll take an armed police officer over an armed teacher any day.

mynameismud

i agree with that. my point was that waiting 10 minutes for 1st responders to show up just doesnt cut it.

iFrat
    iFrat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 240

Did yall not have cops in middle/highscool growing up? We called them resource officers. Only had 1 in middle school (only 300 so kids) 6th-8th. We had 3 in high school though.

12 Last