mynameismud
    mynameismud's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8427

David Akers Getting Death Threats

guy had to quit twitter. i certainly dont feel bad for a rich professional athlete...but he doesnt deserve death threats.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...4444--nfl.html

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Lots of messed up people in this world. Hopefully we don't have to hear more about them in the news today, and if we do it is only threats.

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

ha really? fckn people are such losers now a days .. i guarantee all these people giving the death threats are virgins living at home with their mom and dad in their basement ... fckn losers man

GamblerSpirit
    TheCentaur, Spankie gone fishing :(
    GamblerSpirit's Avatar Become A Pro!

Fukk david akers..i do feel sorry about his daughter though, but besides for that, that \*\*\*\*\*\* could die tomorrow and i'll be happy. How difficult is it to make a chip shot fg when u get paid millions?

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

Quote Originally Posted by GamblerSpirit View Post
    Fukk david akers..i do feel sorry about his daughter though, but besides for that, that \*\*\*\*\*\* could die tomorrow and i'll be happy. How difficult is it to make a chip shot fg when u get paid millions?

really bad u could be happy after someone died .. even if he means nothing to u .. but still thats pathetic

GamblerSpirit
    TheCentaur, Spankie gone fishing :(
    GamblerSpirit's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by You mad bro View Post
    really bad u could be happy after someone died .. even if he means nothing to u .. but still thats pathetic
    Exactly. Keep praising these athletes as if they give a fukk about you or your loved ones. This fukk personally cost me 1k, last i heard, he isn't feeling sorry for me. Go die akers! (im not threatening him though)

TobiasFunke
    Never Nude
    TobiasFunke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 46

Exactly. Keep praising these athletes as if they give a fukk about you or your loved ones. This fukk personally cost me 1k, last i heard, he isn't feeling sorry for me. Go die akers! (im not threatening him though)

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

No they won't feel sorry for those gambling on them. But I think he would pray/think of you and your family if he heard about a tragedy involving them, he sure doesn't hope you die.

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

people threatening over a GAME.

cowards

Chimneyfish
    Chimneyfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1283

It was only one person.

mynameismud

threast over the internet are serious crimes these days, and they are very good at tracking down the exact computer that was used. people are fools to do something like that on twitter.

winz
    refuse to lose
    winz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 949

akers is a real mess..missing very makeable kicks routinely nowadays...has cost me over 10k personally, so sad to say i wished him death as well.

darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

being a kicker carries a lot of fukkin stress

whole game is played with like a QB throwing 3 red zone interceptions, RB redzone fumble etc

than kicker misses kick in the final seconds and people want to murder him.

I would not want to be a kicker

winz
    refuse to lose
    winz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 949

i see it as quite the opposite..easiest job in football..all you have to do is kick a ball through the uprights and you are set for life..with enough practice and repetition it should be automatic..unless its a weather issue or a bad snap you have to be able to drill that kick..its all you get paid to do..that it!!..especially if you are an elite kicker..there is no reason you drill a 40 yrd field goal down the middle and it would have been good from 70 and then you choke a 45 yarder..its just retarded..your only mission in life is that you kick the ball accurately and you make millions to do it..so yea if you start missing chip shots you deserve whatever you get.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1812

Eagles traded him for a reason.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

I wouldn't want me or any family members in the same room as gambler spirit at the same time

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

death threats are very unacceptable. However so is missing chip shot field goals.

Catchn_Picks
    Catchn_Picks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15716

It should be noted that a field goal or extra points has 11 men on the field...lots of things can go wrong to cause a missed fg. The kicker is just the focal point.

Hench
    Hench's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1044

Quote Originally Posted by Catchn_Picks View Post
    It should be noted that a field goal or extra points has 11 men on the field...lots of things can go wrong to cause a missed fg. The kicker is just the focal point.
    If only that was the case. Peyton got the blame everytime the Colts lost a playoff game even though they were a 2-14 team when he left.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

those threats should be directed to mason crosby

Sportsbetting123
    Sportsbetting123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

This world is full of sick pathetic morons.

1brokegirl
    never had a bad day in my life
    1brokegirl's Avatar Become A Pro!

LOL and i knew 49ers was goping to win that game. -6 point fav wins vs bestest team in NFL then only -4 vs the inconsistent 49ers with a rookie QB LMAO

mynameismud

Quote Originally Posted by winz View Post
    i see it as quite the opposite..easiest job in football..all you have to do is kick a ball through the uprights and you are set for life..with enough practice and repetition it should be automatic..unless its a weather issue or a bad snap you have to be able to drill that kick..its all you get paid to do..that it!!..especially if you are an elite kicker..there is no reason you drill a 40 yrd field goal down the middle and it would have been good from 70 and then you choke a 45 yarder..its just retarded..your only mission in life is that you kick the ball accurately and you make millions to do it..so yea if you start missing chip shots you deserve whatever you get.
    i tend to agree with this. kickers dont even practice in the same area as regular players. they dont take hits during practice, they dont have to hit the weight room, they dont need special diets, they dont need injections before games, etc. janikowski is one of the best and he is 50lbs over weight, drinks like a fish and ive heard smoke cigarettes and he gets millions per year. its just like a golf swing. after enough repetition, it should become basically automatic.

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!
    QuantumLeap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8218

You guys have no idea what it's like to kick a field goal. It's not like kicking off a tee. It's a lot about timing.

The ball has to come accurately from the snapper. If it's off by a little the kicker has to adjust his timing mid-stride.

For those of you who think it's just like a golf swing that may be true but there are other things involved than the swing of his foot as I mentioned previously. Hell, Tiger Woods misses the fairway more than 25% of the time and he chooses when to swing and there is no outside interference whatsoever.

mynameismud

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumLeap View Post
    You guys have no idea what it's like to kick a field goal. It's not like kicking off a tee. It's a lot about timing.

The ball has to come accurately from the snapper. If it's off by a little the kicker has to adjust his timing mid-stride.

For those of you who think it's just like a golf swing that may be true but there are other things involved than the swing of his foot as I mentioned previously. Hell, Tiger Woods misses the fairway more than 25% of the time and he chooses when to swing and there is no outside interference whatsoever.
    other than bad weather or a bad snap, when kickers miss its usually mental. just like when tiger misses the green, its probably mental seeing how he can hit a golf ball 300+ yrds straight down the middle with his eyes closed when there is no pressure. pro kickers can kick in their sleep with no pressure. with akers, its totally become a mental thing.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

If there's one guy that can get through this, it's Akers. He's got a phenomenal resume and experience in the NFL.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6759

I remember the terrible times when the Colts had that miserable fucktard Mike Vandershank

then we got the Super Bowl hero from the Pats

been gravy on clutch kicks since then

he just misses some shorter ones randomly through the regular season, no big deal

I still get steamed when I hear that name: Mike Vandershank

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post
    I remember the terrible times when the Colts had that miserable fucktard Mike Vandershank

then we got the Super Bowl hero from the Pats

been gravy on clutch kicks since then

he just misses some shorter ones randomly through the regular season, no big deal

I still get steamed when I hear that name: Mike Vandershank
    Drunk idiot kicker

mynameismud

now the 49ers brought in cundiff to challenge akers. i dont get this move at all. bringing in one head case to try to motivate another head case?

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3623

Quote Originally Posted by mynameismud View Post
    now the 49ers brought in cundiff to challenge akers. i dont get this move at all. bringing in one head case to try to motivate another head case?

Dumbfuks

To be fair, almost any other kicker worth a damn that was a FA and wasnt on a roster has been scooped up already.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Yeah, Akers was 2/4 last week at home against AZ, missing a 40 and 44 yarder.

If the Packers can survive the Vikings on Saturday, it might be a sickening battle of bad kickers @ SF.

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9082

no matter what sport you play sometimes you miss, people who want to make death threats over that obviously arent intelligent enough to realize this.... they should really just stop watching

mynameismud

bump!

MJT1212
    ECU Pirates
    MJT1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

too bad they didn't turn out to be more than threats PRIOR to the playoffs

MJT1212
    ECU Pirates
    MJT1212's Avatar Become A Pro!