SamDiamond
    SamDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Alabama's Barrett Jones in cast

Interesting.

He's maybe the best OL in the country.

And he's in a cast.

Just food for thought when you're loading up on Alabama.

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/te...nes-has-a.html

jagaf22
    jagaf22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 28

Significant! I'm most alarmed simply because he plays center.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

A broken bone that allowed him to play out the rest of the game vs Georgia, and then 5 weeks to heal sounds like it should be a non-factor by the time the game rolls around.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

ND covers weather Jones plays or not.

Holtgetsback
    Holtgetsback's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1402

Most overrated lineman in the country

eeezzzz
    eeezzzz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7391

Quote Originally Posted by Holtgetsback View Post
    Most overrated lineman in the country
    Ya he is undersized.... but having had success in every position on the O-line makes him overrated? Yes, size matters for O-line for the most part, but to say he is overrated for the achievements he has made up to this point in his career makes me think you are 1 clueless retarded bastard.

MrBig33
    MrBig33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 997

Quote Originally Posted by eeezzzz View Post
    Ya he is undersized.... but having had success in every position on the O-line makes him overrated? Yes, size matters for O-line for the most part, but to say he is overrated for the achievements he has made up to this point in his career makes me think you are 1 clueless retarded bastard.

He is not off base here...just last week multiple unnamed NFL scouts said the same thing....you will see numerous lineman drafted ahead of him...but yet he gets all the press...that equals overrated bro.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

He played 2nd , 3rd & 4th Qts on that injured foot against Ga and Bama ran for 350 yds

He'll be 100% by BCS game time

eeezzzz

Quote Originally Posted by MrBig33 View Post
    He is not off base here...just last week multiple unnamed NFL scouts said the same thing....you will see numerous lineman drafted ahead of him...but yet he gets all the press...that equals overrated bro.
    We have different definitions of overrated. My definition of overrated is some1 who people say is good but hasn't had much success. Barret Jones gets tons of attention because he plays for Bama and has had success. The scouts look at size for the most part, which he obviously lacks and the rest goes out the window for the most part..... that does not mean he is overrated.

You think these scouts always get it right? Look at how many walkons start in the NFL now. Did you know that a lot of scouts still have Logan Thomas as 1 of the highest draft choices for QB. Logan fckign Thomas are you kidding me?!?! And why is that? Because he is FCKING HUGE.

MrBig33

We have different definitions of overrated. My definition of overrated is some1 who people say is good but hasn't had much success. Barret Jones gets tons of attention because he plays for Bama and has had success. The scouts look at size for the most part, which he obviously lacks and the rest goes out the window for the most part..... that does not mean he is overrated.

You think these scouts always get it right? Look at how many walkons start in the NFL now. Did you know that a lot of scouts still have Logan Thomas as 1 of the highest draft choices for QB. Logan fckign Thomas are you kidding me?!?! And why is that? Because he is FCKING HUGE.

Sure they are wrong sometimes...but bottom line is your thoughts on being overrated are fitting your situation to make it look better...Jones is overrated...he gets all the pub about being this great lineman who has played multiple positions...well why is he sliding in the mock drafts but yet still gets all the attention? That equals being overrated or even overhyped. The Logan Thomas comment means nothing...not many senior QB's to choose from so yea with his bad season he should still be near the top of the litter for QB's. Barrett Jones will be lucky to be in the top 8 lineman drafted this year.....You Bama fans need to start worrying about ND...going to be alot of wet eyes that night from Bama fans....

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    He played 2nd , 3rd & 4th Qts on that injured foot against Ga and Bama ran for 350 yds

He'll be 100% by BCS game time
    not even close

Sam Odom

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas39 View Post

not even close

we'll see

Vegas39

we'll see
    will he play probably but not at 100%

Sam Odom

100% he will play at this point and he did well enough for 350 rushing yds against Ga with his 1st Qt injury

Vegas39

100% he will play at this point and he did well enough for 350 rushing yds against Ga with his 1st Qt injury
    yes shots do wonders short term

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Has he offficially been ruled out?

eeezzzz

Sure they are wrong sometimes...but bottom line is your thoughts on being overrated are fitting your situation to make it look better...Jones is overrated...he gets all the pub about being this great lineman who has played multiple positions...well why is he sliding in the mock drafts but yet still gets all the attention? That equals being overrated or even overhyped. The Logan Thomas comment means nothing...not many senior QB's to choose from so yea with his bad season he should still be near the top of the litter for QB's. Barrett Jones will be lucky to be in the top 8 lineman drafted this year.....You Bama fans need to start worrying about ND...going to be alot of wet eyes that night from Bama fans....
    Ok overhyped, yes, but not overrated.

A lot of wet eyes that night huh? Do you truly believe this or are you just trying to make me mad. Because honestly I am not worried about this game. Why should I be? I am a fan of college football and Bama makes it to the biggest game of the year yet again..... I am not worried I am excited and counting down the days till the game. This is what football is all about, enjoying the competition. Win or lose it is still something I will remember for the rest of my life.

Sam Odom

eeezzzz , plenty of SEC hate in the College FB world and these people rather see Ala lose than their team win

Vegas39

eeezzzz , plenty of SEC hate in the College FB world and these people rather see Ala lose than their team win

words of slanted wisdom from the old senile fukk

MrBig33

Ok overhyped, yes, but not overrated.

A lot of wet eyes that night huh? Do you truly believe this or are you just trying to make me mad. Because honestly I am not worried about this game. Why should I be? I am a fan of college football and Bama makes it to the biggest game of the year yet again..... I am not worried I am excited and counting down the days till the game. This is what football is all about, enjoying the competition. Win or lose it is still something I will remember for the rest of my life.

Yes I truly believe this...first time all year you have faced a team who can push back in the trenches besides Lsu...however they have very lil offense...AJ better have a great game because Diaco will have the Irish ready to stop the run. Also the over confidence factor plays in big time...its why you see alot of the sharps on ND's side right now...this game will be alot closer than most think! I mean its easy for Bama to get to the title game every year....lol...with 44% grad rate who really cares about going to class!...Much more respect for dominate programs like ND and stanford where they focus on academics rather than just football only! I believe ND had 96% grad rate this year..I bet LSU and BAma combined cant top that!...I have said this for year...if ND lowers the requirements for their student athletes they would be a power house year in and year out. How much coaching does Saban or Miles really have to do??..I respect Bama alot but this is the worst bama team to come to a championship game since Saban has been coach. Good luck and enjoy!

Sam Odom

GA Defense > ND's

But most anything could happen

Vegas39

GA Defense > ND's

you really are clueless but sure being 65 and early signs of dementia are to blame

MrBig33

GA Defense > ND's

LOL...you have no idea what you are talking about lol....I agree GA has a better pass defense..however Bama gashed them on the ground...ND has a better run stopping dline and much bigger and more physical LB's to stop the run than GA does.

eeezzzz

ND has a very impressive rushing defense and have been really amazing in the redzone all year. But is this defense better than the LSU was last year? I believe no and I also believe Alabama has a better offense this year compared to last year. IF ND offense struggles early and the defense stays on the field it could get very bad because Bama will convert 1st downs this game. I don't care how good your defense is if it's on the field the whole game it will get tired. We all know this.

I applaud the defense a lot, but we have 2 extremely good backs and balance in the passing game. ND plays the same style as Alabama with worse talent.

Sam Odom

Ga would be a -7 vs ND

Vegas39

Ga would be a -7 vs ND

once again talking out your ass. Know for a fact one book here in town would've opened line -3

MrBig33

ND has a very impressive rushing defense and have been really amazing in the redzone all year. But is this defense better than the LSU was last year? I believe no and I also believe Alabama has a better offense this year compared to last year. IF ND offense struggles early and the defense stays on the field it could get very bad because Bama will convert 1st downs this game. I don't care how good your defense is if it's on the field the whole game it will get tired. We all know this.

I applaud the defense a lot, but we have 2 extremely good backs and balance in the passing game. ND plays the same style as Alabama with worse talent.

The "worse" talent lable is overrated in this matchup...Bama has more quality depth than the Irish..but the starters isnt all that far off at all....ND has multiple offensive lineman who will play pro ball as well as Bama...ND also has 2 rb's on their roster who will play pro ball just like Bama...I think the wideout position is equal with more speed on the bama side. ND has the better Te's as well...defensive side is just the same at least in the front 7...multiple guys on the dline will be playing pro ball for both team and for the LB position its the same. Bama clearly has the better secondary. This game will be won or lost by AJ..its really as simple as that. Diaco is a very very smart DC...he will have them ready..going to be up to Bama to adjust. ND cant come in being the "same" against Bama or they will get blown out..so expect some wrinkles on both sides of the ball.....Bama doesnt need to change or trick anyone, its no secret what they do. Golson will also be key..Bama and Saban dont mix well with mobile Qb's.......

Sam Odom

Ga would've been a nightmare matchup for ND

Ga wins by 17

MrBig33

Ga would've been a nightmare matchup for ND

Ga wins by 17

I agree because of the ability to line up in 4 wide and pass against a young Irish Secondary..however who really cares GA is playing in the Capital One bowl LOL....oh yeah that 97 Nebraska team would have beat Michigan too LOL....I can go on and on with "what ifs". ND 17 Bama 14....Theo Reddick most oustanding player.

Sam Odom

ND 17 Bama 14.....

Okay

eeezzzz

Mrbig you need to put your money where your mouth is. When you say "or ND will blow out Bama" I can't tell if you're are trolling or not.

MrBig33

Mrbig you need to put your money where your mouth is. When you say "or ND will blow out Bama" I can't tell if you're are trolling or not.

If I said that ND will blow out Bama that had to be a typo lol...what I meant was if ND doesnt change anything they have been doing Bama will blow them out...ND will have wrinkles they need them....Bama will be bama. My money will be put on the Irish for sure...its at +10!!...Coach Kelly has nothing to do with the outcome in this one...it will be Diaco.

Vegas39

If I said that ND will blow out Bama that had to be a typo lol...what I meant was if ND doesnt change anything they have been doing Bama will blow them out...ND will have wrinkles they need them....Bama will be bama. My money will be put on the Irish for sure...its at +10!!...Coach Kelly has nothing to do with the outcome in this one...it will be Diaco.
    agree on this but do think Riddick has a big game

MrBig33

Yeah Riddick will be huge and Bama hasnt seen a RB all year like him...he will kill you on the ground as well as thru the air...playing WR last year has helped him alot. No backer from Bama will be able to cover him...look for Kelly to exploit that matchup. I just think its on Bob Diaco if the Irish have any chance to win. Just look at the sharps...they are all over ND right now.

RG3ING
    RG3ING's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 181

This game is over already Bama rolls! Saban with this much talent an veteran leadership on the squad an a month to put a gameplan together on a overhyped team with very little offensive power! 31-7 bama rolls

123 Last