dontknowhowtobet
    dontknowhowtobet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

Quote Originally Posted by gangeriver View Post
    By the way one of my friend went to UK who joined an non paid internship program and could not open an account.
    I have no idea why you Americans having troubles getting things done ... before I issued my EU Passport, before I had it, I had an Israeli Passport, an Israeli driving License and I've opened a bank account with Barclays and it was easy as 1-2-3 ...
    You could easily open a Basic account with Santander, you don't need to prove your address, only your identity, within days they can send a statement to your mail forwarding address, and that serves as your proof of address.

My friend, a US citizen, came as a tourist to the UK, and that's what he did, he has an account with Lloyds and with Barclays, and he uses online banking from California as well as placing bets with BetFair ... am I making this up? No.

I just don't know your mentality so well, I think Americans like to argue about everything instead of feeding the system with what its asking for, and that is why it's hard for you to think outside of the box ... in that respect I'm quite glad I was born Israeli and not American, because at least when it comes to certain, simple things, I can think outside of my box.

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

Let me see if I understand how easy this is....

First i spend $700 on a nice flight to London, open a UK Bank account, set up mailing address for £60 a year, get bank statements there (serve as proof of address) and open accounts in normal bookmakers all across Europe, Then i get a UK card (Halifax Clarity) which I can use to withdraw funds with NO FEES and NO shitty EXCHANGE rates. I will need a UK address so when they ask for a proof of address and I send them a Natwest Bank Statement and the US Passport I will be getting. I will use a UK proxy and place tons of bets after I use a UK card to deposits / withdrawal. I have to send a scan of Driving License or Passport (or other Government ID card). I provide the address by scanning my bank statements after I set UP a UK mail forwarding address. I set UP a UK phone number which forwards to my mobile number in the US. I do this after setting UP an account with DidLogic.com. I use a US proxy to access the site to bet on after I set UP an account with Astrill.com or any other VPN provider.

Then I sign UP for a utility bill in the UK in my name & a cell phone with a UK number. Then I get an Israeli passport followed by a European passport but I provide the Israeli passport to serve as proof of the EU citizenship that I will apply for. I will need a mailing address in UK to forward my mail from US.
    But I buy books from British. I set UP bank accounts in case they ask for utility bill. I need a EU passport when Halifax ask for it. I need an
    Israeli Driving License and a proof of address (another bank statement). Then I apply for ATM card through Hailifax Clarity card or Masterkard but i don't make a wire transfer. I just cash out of ATM in any currency then go to foreign bank to exchange currency. Then I file an 8938 (whatever that is) cause its a criminal offense if I dont & could go to prison. I have to keep it under 6000 though. Then I need a European grandfather & get a 2nd passport. Just to clarify, they don't have to know your citizenship, just easily issue a UK driving license and that's it, or use your American one, they really don't give a damn about your country of citizenship. After all this I need to go to Chicago to get certified copy's of my birth certificate & death certificate of my family members & write back and forth to the foreign country to get (and all their paperwork will be in that foreign language). And there are no forms to fill out regarding USA papers if I open a UK bank account. if I open an offshore account (Jersey, Isle of Man) this its different., but if I are deemed as "resident" it is not a problem, I just open a UK local bank account and skip on all the forms and such ... they only ask for my ID, Address, plans for the account and that's it! I leave the paperwork with my aunt in NY & within 4 months my passport shows. I am then issued a 2nd passport which I will get thanks to my EU Passport social security from 2 different countries now (UK, Israel).
    I will forget about citizenships and such, just use my American license when I come to the UK, open a basic account, after 3-4 days get the statement, use it to open a normal account with it, get the online banking and everything posted to me and I am done!

I think I got it now you're right, sounds pretty simple.....Can't wait to get down on the Clippers tomorrow for $20.
    Last edited by upscope; 12-24-12 at 05:54 AM.

dontknowhowtobet

Quote Originally Posted by upscope View Post
    Let me see if I understand how easy this is....

First i spend $700 on a nice flight to London, open a UK Bank account, set up mailing address for £60 a year, get bank statements there (serve as proof of address) and open accounts in normal bookmakers all across Europe, Then i get a UK card (Halifax Clarity) which I can use to withdraw funds with NO FEES and NO shitty EXCHANGE rates. I will need a UK address so when they ask for a proof of address and I send them a Natwest Bank Statement and the US Passport I will be getting. I will use a UK proxy and place tons of bets after I use a UK card to deposits / withdrawal. I have to send a scan of Driving License or Passport (or other Government ID card). I provide the address by scanning my bank statements after I set UP a UK mail forwarding address. I set UP a UK phone number which forwards to my mobile number in the US. I do this after setting UP an account with DidLogic.com. I use a US proxy to access the site to bet on after I set UP an account with Astrill.com or any other VPN provider.

Then I sign UP for a utility bill in the UK in my name & a cell phone with a UK number. Then I get an Israeli passport followed by a European passport but I provide the Israeli passport to serve as proof of the EU citizenship that I will apply for. I will need a mailing address in UK to forward my mail from US.
    But I buy books from British. I set UP bank accounts in case they ask for utility bill. I need a EU passport when Halifax ask for it. I need an
    Israeli Driving License and a proof of address (another bank statement). Then I apply for ATM card through Hailifax Clarity card or Masterkard but i don't make a wire transfer. I just cash out of ATM in any currency then go to foreign bank to exchange currency. Then I file an 8938 (whatever that is) cause its a criminal offense if I dont & could go to prison. I have to keep it under 6000 though. Then I need a European grandfather & get a 2nd passport. Just to clarify, they don't have to know your citizenship, just easily issue a UK driving license and that's it, or use your American one, they really don't give a damn about your country of citizenship. After all this I need to go to Chicago to get certified copy's of my birth certificate & death certificate of my family members & write back and forth to the foreign country to get (and all their paperwork will be in that foreign language). And there are no forms to fill out regarding USA papers if I open a UK bank account. if I open an offshore account (Jersey, Isle of Man) this its different., but if I are deemed as "resident" it is not a problem, I just open a UK local bank account and skip on all the forms and such ... they only ask for my ID, Address, plans for the account and that's it! I leave the paperwork with my aunt in NY & within 4 months my passport shows. I am then issued a 2nd passport which I will get thanks to my EU Passport social security from 2 different countries now (UK, Israel).
    I will forget about citizenships and such, just use my American license when I come to the UK, open a basic account, after 3-4 days get the statement, use it to open a normal account with it, get the online banking and everything posted to me and I am done!

I think I got it now you're right, sounds pretty simple.....Can't wait to get down on the Clippers tomorrow for $20.

How long did you spend on copy-pasting my posts, half an hour??
    Ha ha ... get a life you dumb fuk

BAUS
    Back on post review re: Optimal
    BAUS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 558

Dontknow...how difficult or easy is it to get a UK drivers license?

BAUS

gangeriver
    The Best Closer!
    gangeriver's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

actually going to Canada should be easily

dontknowhowtobet

Quote Originally Posted by BAUS View Post
    Dontknow...how difficult or easy is it to get a UK drivers license?

BAUS
    Thinking about it you actually need a **** for the UK to get a licence, the DVLA would ask for it ... so I do apologise, this bit is quite difficult ... but opening a bank account is much easier ...

Once you have a bank account you can get a CC (or even try to apply for one without an account, Google "UK CC Builder") and this way if you have a CC you will be entered into the UK credit system and when opening a betting account with Bet365 or BetFair they won't ask you for 1 single document!!

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Reputable local bookies are much cheaper than doing what your doing.

dontknowhowtobet

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98 View Post
    Reputable local bookies are much cheaper than doing what your doing.
    UK bank accounts are good not only for betting but for other things (ordering from UK shops, keeping money in GBP currency, UK investments) ... you know if you have an account with Halifax just the "Online Saver" accounts gets you 2.8% interest per annum, and the money is available for you on any given moment - the only exception is that if you take money out so the last-30-day-interest will not be paid ...

The bank also pays you £5 if you bring in £1000 every month into it ... so don't think having a UK account is just good for betting ... also the more choices of bookies you got the more you can do like arbitrage, and live betting which IS NOT offered by many of the bookies you are referring to.

I think that's just about enough said, or in American English "nuff said".

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

I've never understood why people can't find bookies. There's bookies everywhere.

KTnamja
    i'm a SBR PRO
    KTnamja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

I like the ideas but for some reason(s) it seems more complicated than it really is. First and foremost, you've got to win at gambling first. And, that right there is not a certainty.

dontknowhowtobet

Quote Originally Posted by KTnamja View Post
    I like the ideas but for some reason(s) it seems more complicated than it really is. First and foremost, you've got to win at gambling first. And, that right there is not a certainty.
    It will be much easier to win if you use UK bookies.

drawster
    drawster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

This post is a little bit old, just wondering if it is still relevant?
    is it still as simple as you say it is?

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Foreign bank accounts are pretty difficult to open for US citizens. And they have to be reported to the Treasury every year.

If you want to go this route try to couple it with some asset protection reason. Like a Cayman bank account as part of a trust.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Mr Walker is right

They are very difficult

Canada is simple of you go there to do it as is Uk

But applying online for island accounts is almost impossible now.

First 123