terpkeg
    terpkeg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2434

Virus Associated with SBRodds

Not sure if this is just a personal problem with my comp, but for the past week, any time I vist sbrodds.com, the page auto swtiches to some spam add and occasionally I get a pop up saying that my computer is infected with a virus. Sometimes this happens right away, but typically it happens after I click on a subset of odds.

I do not notice any other effects of this supposed "virus". I have ran malwareadd and search and destroy which picked up some funk and removed it, but didn't cure the issue with sbrodds. I do not recognize any other indications that my computer is comprimised and seem to be operating as usual. I contacted sbr live chat and was advised to remove any add-ons which I do not recognize. I did that to no avail.

I am not trying to throw sbr under the bus or cause any kind of hesitation using the site, as this may just be a personal computer issue. But, my computer only appears to be affected by sbrodds. Has this happened to anyone else? Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix? I need sbrodds back.

Thanks.

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Damn throwing SBR under the bus

terpkeg

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
    Damn throwing SBR under the bus

lolol, not intention. just figured someone may have encountered same problem and can help me out.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hi terpkeg,

Can you please take a screenshot of what you get on SBROdds.com?

terpkeg

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Lou View Post
    Hi terpkeg,

Can you please take a screenshot of what you get on SBROdds.com?

Should be able to figure that out. Although it is different everytime.

SBR Lou

On Windows 7, you can open File->Start-> type in Snipping Tool. Then hit "new" and capture the area and save the file.

SBR Lou

Google cleared the site.

It sounds like he might have a local issue unrelated to Google's flag, he also said it occurred before then. Sometimes browser hacks hijack search results, the popup of "Your PC is infected" etc coming up whenever certain content is loaded. That's what some viruses do before prompting you to buy a service.

terpkeg

I think it was associated with this:

cm.g.doubleclick

This morning couldn't properly access page leading to me creating this thread. However, I ran search and destroy again, and it picked up "doubleclick". This is the first time I have scene this one and I have ran the program about 5 times over past week.

Now when I access sbrodds, I have no problems for the first time this week. When I go back through my browing history, the above link pops up several times along with czynyvo.info. Sbrodds does not come up in my browsing history depsite the fact that I accessed the page everyday (or tried to).

Anyway, hopefully im in the clear.

terpkeg

Only reason I brought this up here is because this only happened when I went to sbrodds. I'm not tech savy. I do not know if that was because I picked up malware and it somehow was only triggered there, or if I actually picked it up from site.

Lou, delete thread if appropriate.

terpkeg

its back

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  16.7 KB

terpkeg

only when i go to sbrodds

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Its just an FBI tracking bug is all.....................