Ambition
    The Professor
    Ambition's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2452

Knicks fans have to relax and realize that they're is a whole season ahead and that were not even 25 games into the season. Yes, your playing good basketball at this point in the season but, beating the Heat twice doesn't mean your better than them. Come playoff time everyone will see the intensity the Heat will bring, like last year.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Durant is definitely the leader right now

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

I mean we got over 60 games left in the season and this an individual award.....

Who cares about individual awards??? This is a team sport

zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

BROOKLYN — For the better part of his first year and change with the Knicks, Carmelo Anthony was known by many as an iso-loving, ball-stopping, dream-killer.
    But that was the Old Melo.
    The man who had amassed a season-high 45 points yet still opted to pass the basketball to J.R. Smith with the game against the rival Nets tied in the final seconds was not that same Old Melo.
    Smith dished to Raymond Felton, who eventually found a wide-open Jason Kidd, who drained what became the game-winning 3-pointer from 26 feet against his former team in a dramatic come-from-behind 100-97 victory at Barclays Center.
    “He’s playing at a high level on both ends,” Kidd, who missed the free throw after getting fouled on the 3-pointer, said of Anthony in the corner of the Knicks’ celebratory locker room. “I think he doesn’t get the credit that he deserves when he makes the right plays, and he’s been doing that all season for us. Again, 45 points, he had every right to hold the ball and take the last shot.”
    The Old Melo might well have gone on a foray to the basket in the final seconds. Heck, the New Melo had brought the Knicks back from 17 points down by basically putting them on his back, with the help of Smith (16 points) and Kidd, who, at 39, put up a line of 18 points, six rebounds, six assists and no turnovers to go with the game-winner.
    But Melo had said on the first day of training camp that he planned to sacrifice more this season, planned to trust his teammates more because of his experience winning the gold medal with his Team USA mates in London.
    Here we are 21 games into the season and the Knicks own the best record in the Eastern Conference at 16-5. They are a perfect 8-0 at home. And they lead the Philadelphia 76ers by 4 games and Brooklyn and the Boston Celtics by 4 1/2 games in the Atlantic Division.
    Melo is reason No. 1 why this is so, and Kidd may well be reason 1A.
    “Hey, he’s MVP guy,” Knicks coach Mike Woodson said. “He’s playing at such a high level, man. And I know he got double-teamed and they sacrificed the ball when that happened, and to me that says a lot because he’s gotta do that. And I think guys around him, he trusts those guys to make shots. That ball floated around and then it ended up in Kidd’s hand and he makes the big shot. But what can you say?”

On a night when Tyson Chandler and Raymond Felton combined for just 13 points, Anthony put the team on his back down the stretch — and was efficient doing so at 15-of-24 from the field.
    But with the game on the line he passed.
    Would the Old Melo have done that?
    “I can’t speak for years past,” Woodson said. “I gotta speak for the time he’s been with me and he’s done everything that’s been asked of him. I think sometimes he’s misread, man, because this young man wants to win in the worst way and he’s playing just like that.”
    Said Chandler: “It shows his growth and maturity as a leader right now. He’s playing at an unbelievable level. He has to be the front-runner for MVP right now.”
    Kidd said earlier in the season he wanted to help Anthony get his elusive championship the way he helpedDirk Nowitzki get his in Dallas.
    Nowitzki didn’t win the MVP in that 2010-11 season but he did lead Dallas to a championship.
    After failing to get past the first round in eight of his nine NBA seasons, Anthony appears intent on making a run at New York’s first championship in 40 years.
    “Games like this, this is the games we gotta win,” Anthony said. “We claim to be a great team, a good team. And good teams win basketball games like this. On the road, tough atmosphere. And Jason Kidd came up big for us.”
    A Brooklyn native, Anthony had come up short in his first game here, missing a potential game-winning jumper in the final seconds of a 96-89 OT loss on Nov. 26.
    But now the Brooklyn native was back as the New Melo and he didn’t let this one get away.
    “It feels great to win back over here in Brooklyn,” he said. “I mean, I can’t lie.”
    Winners of seven of eight, the Knicks now play six consecutive home games, beginning with Thursday’s tilt against the rapidly imploding Los Angeles Lakers (9-13), who are 2-7 on the road and are run by former Knicks coach Mike D’Antoni, the man whose conflict with Anthony ultimately led to his resignation last March.
    Also on this homestand will be games against Jeremy Lin and the Houston Rockets and these same Brooklyn Nets.
    “We want to try to win that basketball game [against the Lakers],” Anthony said. “So we have a great opportunity to do something special here over these next couple weeks having a homestand and we want to take advantage of that.”
    Meet the New Melo, not the same as the Old Melo.

Ralphie1412
    You Come at the King You Best Not Miss
    Ralphie1412's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1209

Right now its melo hands down.......that being said.

Its not even Christmas yet.

allabout the $$$
    Update your status
    allabout the $$$'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26811

melo is the mvp of the league right now but jason kidd is the mvp of the team. he has brought a lot of leadership and he has been very consistent in the role he has with this team. he is a player that melo respects and i personally think he will be able to get melo and amare to co exist on the floor together. since im a season ticket holder and have been to about 5 home games this year, i said after the home opener that this team is different. the garden has a very good vibe and buzz about this team

zoo youk

Quote Originally Posted by allabout the $$$ View Post
    melo is the mvp of the league right now but jason kidd is the mvp of the team. he has brought a lot of leadership and he has been very consistent in the role he has with this team. he is a player that melo respects and i personally think he will be able to get melo and amare to co exist on the floor together. since im a season ticket holder and have been to about 5 home games this year, i said after the home opener that this team is different. the garden has a very good vibe and buzz about this team
    I would agree with that.

I dont think the issue is getting Melo and Amare to co exist on the floor.

its getting Amare and Chandler to co exist cause they both clog up the paint and it takes away from Amares post moves.

allabout the $$$
    Update your status
    allabout the $$$'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26811

Quote Originally Posted by zoo youk View Post
    I would agree with that.

I dont think the issue is getting Melo and Amare to co exist on the floor.

its getting Amare and Chandler to co exist cause they both clog up the paint and it takes away from Amares post moves.
    i meant more of sharing the ball between melo and amare. they have been on this team together and have not had a training camp or played together in probably 50 games in over a year and a half.

tyson will let amare get his points and amare will let him play his defense, they will co exist because tyson isnt an offensive player

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7624

Melo is a child.

onacloud
    onacloud's Avatar Become A Pro!

Did Kobe really say Melo is harder to defend than Bron? Did this clown really say this?

bhodgin
    bhodgin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 498

Melo isn't that good. He can score the ball, we know that. He can't rebound or play defense tho. Durant is the clear choice for MVP, his scoring has stayed relativly the same with improvements in assists, rebounds, blocks and steals.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

Quote Originally Posted by onacloud View Post
    Did Kobe really say Melo is harder to defend than Bron? Did this clown really say this?
    yes. he said because melo has great mid range game and perimeter game as well as being strong post up threat.

face it, the knicks would not have such a kick ass record without melo.

ever since kidd came to town, melo is not such an iso guy. Kidd is the key
    Last edited by face; 12-14-12 at 11:18 AM.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

9 years in the league...

And still hasn't done shit..

FZA
    FZA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Melo making a strong case for MVP this year

dmtrader
    dmtrader's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2107

Any votes for Tiago Splitter?

rUnVnME2
    rUnVnME2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 202

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    Tim Duncan but no way he can keep it up and no way Melo can hold off Lebron

Duncan isnt even in the All Star game and youre talking MVP?

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Durant is gonna win the MVP.

brainfreeze0
    brainfreeze0's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 962

KD or LJ who play all around well rounded games. Melo scores with little D or ass. MVP is for well rounded players who do an all around job score/ D / Ass / Reb, not just score. Not taking away from Carmelo, the dudes a superstar and hell of a player, but MVP I think not.

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

durrant and lebron have better overall numbers, but melo is getting all the attention because its the knicks. espn talks about them every day with the lakers. its only 1/4th of the season, so who really cares.
    in the nfl cardinals were 4-0 eagles were 3-1. in college football geno smith was the clear fav to win heismen.

zoo youk

cmonnnnn mannnnnnnnnnnn

Delicious
    Delicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1827

This again.

Knicks should get to second round this season. That is something

Delicious

Hey youker.. copy and paste more crap from NY media.

Pinning your hopes on Melo will end in disaster. Dosn't matter how much he scores.

zoo youk

licious, who the hell is that mongrul in your avatar?

Delicious

Jake plummer. Jake the penetrating snake.

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Obviously not on the same planet as KD or LBJ.

Having a great year though and finally has the Knicks winning

zsr

Quote Originally Posted by onacloud View Post
    Not surprising seeing as if Kobe didnt have shaq then Pau/Bynum he'd be sitting with the same credentials as Melo, only Melo actually thrives under pressure and Kobe is one of the worst clutch players of all time, shooting 30% or so.

Just 2 high volume low efficiency scorers, though i guess kobe used to play + defense. Hasnt in years though. Neither is even close to KD or Lebron in any category

Delicious

If I was a bit of a jerk sorry pal. you seem like good people youkr.

good luck teasing totals.

Melo playing very well early in regular season. I agree

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

Better then Jordan

vaas187
    vaas187's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lebron every year. They guy almost averages a trip-dub.

KD too.

I had K Love as a sleeper but Minnesota doesn't deserve him.

ramones951
    ramones951's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 891

Not even Christmas yet..... so early

rnunez91
    rnunez91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4981

Are u kidding me? U obviously don't understand baskeball if you think Melo is MVP over Durant right now. Kevin Durant has made 73 more freethrows, has 71 more rebounds, 62 more assists, 22 more blocks, and 19 more steals. Melo for MVP 😂😂😂

zsr

Plus Durant shooting 51%, leading the league in estimated wins added, TS% .648, etc. Durants just on another planet then everyone when it comes to scoring.

First 12