Karayilan9
    FENER / TRABZON
    Karayilan9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 105

Ultras (soccer)

What do you guys think of Ultras in soccer? do the big US sports have Ultras? who are your top Ultra groups?

I think Ultras are important for the game off the pitch, it becomes more than a sport, its a passion and with some Ultras a way of life, some have alot of power in their cities, towns and some even call the shots with the team. There are some teams which must consult the Ultra leaders about any changes or new proposals. They bring a passion to the sport which I haven't seen in any other sports.

RogueJuror
    RogueJuror's Avatar Become A Pro!

lol

ultras in the US?

they are too busy stuffing their face with food and sipping their slurpees

Jimmy0607
    Jimmy0607's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 285

Last edited by Jimmy0607; 07-29-09 at 11:11 AM.

Karayilan9
    FENER / TRABZON

RogueJuror
    The major US leagues sports events look like a fun day out, alot of the supporters look like they've gone for an entertainment event like the theatre.

There are soccer games that are like life or death for the fans, anybody whose been to the big derbies in Europe, like in Italy, Turkey, Greece etc or in South America like the Fla-Flu or the Grenal knows that its one of the craziest, passionate and emotional places your ever likely to be in, they really are incredible experiences and go deeper than just the game in alot of cases. These teams have been playing each other for over a century, there are deep social and cultural differences between what the clubs stand for.

Squirrel
    Nutty Punter
    Squirrel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 223

The ultras who ive come across are all from Italy and Turkey, but I'd say the Turkish ones were the most passionate. The Italian "ultras" are all ****ing cowards who knife people and darent go to away European games since they wont have the Italian riot police to protect them.

RogueJuror
    RogueJuror's Avatar Become A Pro!

Argentinians are the rowdies i've come across.

Jimmy0607

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2163

I might be the first to start this in the US, it might happen in October when I go see Gonzo play the Galaxy. I am going to make that place erupt.. I am looking to have a huge print of Gonzo made and have all the fans spread it out over the whole stadium seats! Then we will light a galaxy one on fire as well chant Gonzo Gonzo Gonzo.

Jimmy0607

Soccer is our life in S. America , we live the sport like no one else in the world

Karayilan9
    FENER / TRABZON

Squirrel
    The ultras who ive come across are all from Italy and Turkey, but I'd say the Turkish ones were the most passionate. The Italian "ultras" are all ****ing cowards who knife people and darent go to away European games since they wont have the Italian riot police to protect them.
    England used to have the biggest ultras, in one way all the money entering the game has been good but in another it broke the big fan groups. Now you have too many as Roy Keene put it, "prawn cocktail" fans who arn't the real English fans, alot of the utras for the big teams have been priced out by the extortionate ticket prices.

Still there is the Kop stand, Newcastle fans always give it their all, Man City fans are pretty solid and there is always Milwall there crazy as ever

The difference I think with some of the other European leagues is the way the teams are organised. The big ultra groups are involved in the higher levels of the club.

There are crazy ultra groups in Turkey, my heart is with Carsi of Besiktas who broke a world sound record in the Liverpool game but the Galatasaray UltraAslans are legendary, at one stage the club was almost bankrupt but the Ultras helped raise money to save the club, they are the club. The Galatasaray vs Fenerbahce derby is an incredible experience. There are also lesser known teams in the lower divisions such as Altay vs Goztepe, now it may not be well known but sh*t those games are insane.

This is a Carsi leader

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04dmcdOHsJA

Scenes from games

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFdPu...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dyrug...eature=related

Jimmy0607

Diego Lugano(hes uruguayan and played for fenerbache) said that people from turkey are one of the most passionate soccer fans in the world

Karayilan9
    FENER / TRABZON

Jimmy
    Diego Lugano(hes uruguayan and played for fenerbache) said that people from turkey are one of the most passionate soccer fans in the world
    Lugano is a great defender and crazy guy, he fits in just fine with the team in the last big derby he was in the middle of the passion, was involved in a crazy fight which caused all the ultras to fight and then everyone got involved and almost bought the stadium down

Jimmy0607

I love the guy typical Uruguayan defender

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 292

US has no ultras. Going to a baseball game is like going to picnic. Basically they sit on the chairs with a drink and food in both hands. Actually they make announcements for fans to be quiet when the batter is in the box. So when the pitch is thrown you can't hear a pin drop. You yell something bad to the batter like his mother is a whore or something like that they kick you out of the stadium. It really sucks groing up a soccer fan going to a baseball game now and not being able to say anything. This is why I watch many games at home where I can yell at Cole Hamels and Johan Santana to **** off without being kicked out of the game.

Jimmy0607

Soccer is a way of life , baseball is a pastime

Karayilan9
    FENER / TRABZON

Pavyracer
    US has no ultras. Going to a baseball game is like going to picnic. Basically they sit on the chairs with a drink and food in both hands. Actually they make announcements for fans to be quiet when the batter is in the box. So when the pitch is thrown you can't hear a pin drop. You yell something bad to the batter like his mother is a whore or something like that they kick you out of the stadium. It really sucks groing up a soccer fan going to a baseball game now and not being able to say anything. This is why I watch many games at home where I can yell at Cole Hamels and Johan Santana to **** off without being kicked out of the game.
    Damn, how do the supporters stand for that?

I think this is a major reason why team USA does well at home but poor on the road, there not used to having 60,000 hardcore supporters hurling abuse every time you touch the ball. If your not used to that I can see why it may be hard to cope with. Even the biggest teams suffer in performance because of the opposition fans in away games, it makes for a serious home stadium advantage especially in the big tournaments. This gives the supporters a role in the teams success and not just being mugs who can't get involved with their club.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 292

Quote Originally Posted by Karayilan9 View Post
    Damn, how do the supporters stand for that?

I think this is a major reason why team USA does well at home but poor on the road, there not used to having 60,000 hardcore supporters hurling abuse every time you touch the ball. If your not used to that I can see why it may be hard to cope with. Even the biggest teams suffer in performance because of the opposition fans in away games, it makes for a serious home stadium advantage especially in the big tournaments. This gives the supporters a role in the teams success and not just being mugs who can't get involved with their club.
    The Canadian hockey fans are the closest you will find that resemble ultras. They bang on the glass and abuse the opposing players. Sometimes they even throw beer at them. But american baseball, football or basketball fans are like nuns compared to ultras soccer fanatics. There is no home advantage in american sports in terms of fan intimidation of the opposing team.

flyingillini

Sbr ultra's

Jimmy0607

I agree with pavy

pdx107
    pdx107's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1816

Timbers army in portland is a good time

SSLP
    SSLP's Avatar Become A Pro!

Kara

You are a true soccer Ultra and a soccer prophet .. my respects

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

You guys are forgetting college sports. Especially football. Not quite ultras, but only because of the chiquitas. Ultras are 99.9% men. Guys don't behave that way when there are pretty girls around.

In pro sports, the only thing that comes to my mind is Raider Nation.

Karayilan9
    FENER / TRABZON

SSLP, LA ULTRA MORADA!

flyingillini

At 1:37 starts to get real good

flyingillini

a good one by the crazy left wingers..

flyingillini

Jimmy0607

flyingillini

People think that crowds get crazy at certain stadiums/fields in the United States, none compare to what goes on in most Countries when it comes to Ultra's. Can you imagine sections at a Baseball game lighting and throwing flares? Ha, would be classic and make nation wide news...

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!
    Ace_of_Spades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Ultras are dangerous. You'd be insane to go to a match supporting your team in Italy, they are crazy. Get your legs slashed from the Ultras on there scooters.

Jimmy0607

flyingillini

Beitar has gotten themselves in a lot of trouble due to the racism and havoc their fans cause. Very intense games and crowds.. Last year when I was at a game against Hapoel you couldn't see the field for 15 minutes..

http://z6.invisionfree.com/UltrasTif...showtopic=2319

Jimmy0607

Flyer its crazy the atmosphere is just insane

flyingillini

One of my favorite ultra's right here. They are the enemy but I can tolerate them more than the left winger Hapoel.

flyingillini

Around 1:41 is classic, gets really good!

12 Last