Betpoints: 610

BTW Kobe knows this already

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

Quote Originally Posted by Cntpuncher View Post
    It's way more painful to watch dwight shoot free throws than Shaq

Lakers would have 4-5 more wins if that stupid moron could make a FThrow
    refs already gift these guys free throws.

Go look at the FT discrepency for the Lakers and their opponents. Lakers got 3 of their 9 wins from the foul line, and of their 13 losses 5 or 6 of them they actually looked respectable only because they took more than doublt the free thorws their opponents did.

before they started to intentionally foul tonight Lakers were 40 to 18 free throw differential. Outscoring Cavs by 19 points from the line. If not for that bullshit lakers would have gotten beat by 15 to 25 depending on if they pulled the starters or not.

So I dont think anyone should be crying about missed free throws they get twice as many as they deserve as it is.

Luckycharms2012
    Luckycharms2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5412

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Magick View Post
    Tail SA / Fade LA

28 - 15 - 1

65.1%

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

amazing how quiet their fan boys besides goat are at this point.

havent heard a peep from them for about 6 weeks now.

got 5 of the next 7 on the road might as well pencil the denver game as a loss already as the 2nd game of a b2b, thursday night at the garden fat chance they win that.

wantit is right this is no longer a small sample size, the schedule has been easy up to this point to be honest. they still havent played the knicks or heat yet and only have played memphis the clippers the spurs and thunder once each (all losses).

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

At best they lose in the first round #theysuck

jizay
    Update your status
    jizay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Wow, this thread. I hate the Lakers. I hate Kobe. Even I can't bring myself to believe that getting Gasol and Nash back won't matter. That's 2 starters, and good ones at that. Even missing Blake, Nash's backup, hurts. They're on their 3rd string PG. Let's see what things look like when they aren't giving big minutes to Jamison, Darius Morris, and Chris Duhon.

jizay
    Update your status
    jizay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbawks View Post
    great team, having some struggles. all new look teams start off badly

76ers started like 1-12 last season and beat the bulls in the playoffs
    They started 15-6 last year, and I think it's safe to say they only beat the Bulls because Rose went down in game 1 and Noah went down in game 3. But who's counting?

wantitall4moi

I figured out why so many guys think nash will make a difference. I actually flipped the TV on ESPN for a little bit last night and Tim Legler was on there sating how the whole system is based around him and that you cant judge the Lakers until after he gets back. LOL what an idiot, this guy is actually getting paid to say that shit. He did end up saying that that was going to be a lot of pressure for a 39 year old guard coming off an injury, so at least he covered all his bases.

Thats why I dont watch these stations anymore. No one says anything close to 'insightful' and if they make a statement without waffling theyre a hater, a douche or whatever. Theisman said Romo sucked and they wanted to string the guy up. I am not a big Theisman fan but he is right Romo does suck and hasnt shown anything to prove other wise. If you dont want people saying you suck do something about it.

Too many guys trying to be PC or whatever. if you want to actually be seen as credible have the balls to say something and not backtrack on it or make qualifying remarks so you can wiggle your wait out of it later.

Here is an example....

Lakers suck, it is about 60% Kobe Bryants fault, and 40% ownership fault for letting him control the team. Lakers will not come close to competing for let alone winning an NBA title for maybe the next decade. They will be lucky to even make the play offs this year even if Nash is back before Christmas. If they do make the play offs then theyre a first round sweep for whomever they face, at best they lose 4-1.

Lets here someone have the balls to say that because it is much more accurate and mush more likely than "Lakers should have hired Phil Jackson he would have made a bigger difference, but they have dantoni who is a 'proven' coach ho has wona lot of games, they need Steve Nash to run this offense, until then they will struggle, but once Nash gets back they will be fine." That is basically what people are saying, they take the easiest way out, number one easy to say thing is Dantoni isnt Phil jackson....yeah no shit. But phil wasnt coming back no matter what he wants to say or other people want to think. He isnt the type of guy to take a dog shit team and try to actually make them better, he want s team full of stars so he can step in and pad his resume.

Here is something else I would say...

If Lakers want ANY success in less than 10 years they need to get rid of Kobe, get rind of Gasol, try and get a few young guys with some potential in and start rebuilding around them. Fire Dantoni and hire Stan Van Gundy. Sure you'll be paying 3 coaches for a few years but you wont have any big time salaries either. Rebuild the Laker name and get the stench of Kobe Bryant and his influence off it. I know lakers fans dont want to hear it but Kobe has put this team in the situation it is in now. Sure ownership allowed him to do it but had Kobe not been the biggest selfish douchebag on the planet he woudnt have required all the stuff he has been given. If the Lakers re-sign Kobe Bryant or extend his contract after next year then that will be the sign that they have officially become the worst run franchise in sports today.

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

As a lifelong Lakers fan..........it's comical to see the amount of hate, venom, and obvious jealousy there is of the Lakers as a franchise. Guess I shouldn't be surprised though...........considering:

31 NBA Finals Appearances
    16 NBA Championships
    Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Elgin Baylor, Wilt, Magic, Worthy, West, Wilkes, Shaq, Kobe, etc. etc. etc.
    Pat Riley & Phil Jackson
    No other franchise comes close to dominance............and that includes the Celtics who went 20+ years without a title after Bird and the boys.

Last edited by William Walters; 12-12-12 at 12:08 PM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: mminkovski

William Walters

I can also freely admit that the team is playing like garbage, in trouble, and better hope that with the return of their top two PG's and Pau.........things turn around.

"Hope" being the key word.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by vyomguy View Post
    How bad are these lakers???
    Bad enough to make a killing fading them til they prove otherwise.............

Especially +ML's

What is great about this is their die hard following clueless fans still put big money on them........

Ralphie1412
    You Come at the King You Best Not Miss
    Ralphie1412's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1209

Quote Originally Posted by William Walters View Post
    As a lifelong Lakers fan..........it's comical to see the amount of hate, venom, and obvious jealousy there is of the Lakers as a franchise. Guess I shouldn't be surprised though...........considering:

16 NBA Championships
    Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Elgin Baylor, Wilt, Magic, Worthy, West, Wilkes, Shaq, Kobe, etc. etc. etc.
    Pat Riley & Phil Jackson
    No other franchise comes close to dominance............and that includes the Celtics who went 20+ years without a title after Bird and the boys.

who is questioning the lakers resume? Get a clue. Everyone is well aware of what they have dome in the history of the league. The Lakers team right now are flat out awful.

BUT

What Kobe is doing every night is flat out amazing.

h3da
    h3da's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Quote Originally Posted by vyomguy View Post
    Losing to all shit teams like orlando, utah and now cavs

A team containing bryant and howard should never lose these kind of teams.

Not sure if nash and gasol will fix their issues.
    Utah isn't shit.. Do you watch NBA??

wantitall4moi

16 NBA Championships
    Pat Riley & Phil Jackson

ancient history and they were gifted a few of those wins, they shouldnt have even made the finals in two of those series. And that scumbag Jerry West, and piece of shit david stern letting them get Pau gasol for Kwame Brown was another gift of 2 rings. They even tried to do it again this year letting them trade away a crippled Andrew Bynum for dwight howard. Yeah Howard had surgery too but it is apparent that Bynum was much worse off than Howard was. but theyre getting it back now thats for sure.

I dont see how the league or stern can help them now though. They have zero tradeable assets and they dont have any drafts picks for a few years. I suppose if some franchise type player wanted to take a major shot and go to the lakers to rebuild it it could happen, bu I dont see it, not with the shit the lakers have done since Jimmy took over. Someone might go there and pull a Kobe Bryant and hod them hostage for a few hundred million but that surely wont rebuild them, but someone would definitely get paid.

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Stan Van Gundy.....why hire him?

wantitall4moi

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckG View Post
    Stan Van Gundy.....why hire him?
    because he is probably the second or third best coach there is that wants to coach.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

Quote Originally Posted by wantitall4moi View Post
    I figured out why so many guys think nash will make a difference. I actually flipped the TV on ESPN for a little bit last night and Tim Legler was on there sating how the whole system is based around him and that you cant judge the Lakers until after he gets back. LOL what an idiot, this guy is actually getting paid to say that shit. He did end up saying that that was going to be a lot of pressure for a 39 year old guard coming off an injury, so at least he covered all his bases.

Thats why I dont watch these stations anymore. No one says anything close to 'insightful' and if they make a statement without waffling theyre a hater, a douche or whatever. Theisman said Romo sucked and they wanted to string the guy up. I am not a big Theisman fan but he is right Romo does suck and hasnt shown anything to prove other wise. If you dont want people saying you suck do something about it.
    I really don't understand all this talk about what offense you are going to run, Princeton, 8 seconds or less, the triangle. Wouldnt you think the basic guidelines of how to play would figure some of this shit out? You run when you have numbers or are faster than the guy in front of you. You dump it low when the big guy has position. You shoot the three when youre open AND you have rebounders.

The "Princeton offense" and the "8 seconds or less" seem like the extremes of half court and fast break ball where you force them both. Maybe the triangle is the way to go. The old Bulls used to run and the ball got moved around plenty even with Jordan.

gryfyn1
    gryfyn1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

The Lakers right now are horrible -

The team had no depth to start with - With Nash out they have no decent point guard on the team; World Peace is a solid defender and a poor offensive player whose forced to defend the best player on the opposing team; Howard isn't 100% back from his injury limiting him defensively and is still a liability at the free throw line; Pau is currently injured, giving playing time to an old Antwain Jamison who was a bad defender at his prime, and even when he comes back he still forced to play out of position to not crowed Howard down low, and Kobe is still a force offensively (and needs to be) which with the miles on his legs is compromising he defending even as he get to not play vs the top player on the other team.

wantitall4moi

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dozer View Post
    I really don't understand all this talk about what offense you are going to run, Princeton, 8 seconds or less, the triangle. Wouldnt you think the basic guidelines of how to play would figure some of this shit out? You run when you have numbers or are faster than the guy in front of you. You dump it low when the big guy has position. You shoot the three when youre open AND you have rebounders.

The "Princeton offense" and the "8 seconds or less" seem like the extremes of half court and fast break ball where you force them both. Maybe the triangle is the way to go. The old Bulls used to run and the ball got moved around plenty even with Jordan.
    pretty much, you know what the 'triangle' was? Putting it in the hands of a ball hog with no conscience who would shoot from anywhere at any time and hope someone was there to clean up any miss he had. That was it.Chicago was Jordon, Lakers was Kobe. Jordon made more baskets so fewer misses but Kobe has Shaq to clean it up. There was no great science to it. And if you could look at tape of every game Phil coached once he had Tex Winter teach it to him I would bet my life less than 30% of the times did the half court set even resemble a shape let alone a triangle.

Defense still wins championships Lakers havent played D in years.They really didnt play it the last year they won but Boston choked that series away more than lakers winning it, along with the usual referee help the Lakers always seem to get when they need a series extended.

Offense is over rated. NO matter what they want to call it, thats why Brown is a good coach, he realized it. Princeton offense is perfect to play if you want to stay fresh to play defense. But guys over the summer forgot defense mattered and why they were even competitive last year. Then they quit on Brown and the rest is history.

Dantoni is a perfect scapegoat especially since Phil said he wanted the job. So I suspect he gets fired too. Who will they get? Hard saying. But it wont matter as long as Kobe is there.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Whatever the triangle was, it worked. Guy won 10 championships with it. The Miami Heat are hardly an elite team defensively , their offense won last year. Against an OKC team that has a better defense than them.

Balance wins championships, no just offense or defense. And that goes for all sports at all levels. It's the main reason the bulls, lakers and spurs did so well. Same goes for the patriots and Yankees.

wantitall4moi

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Whatever the triangle was, it worked. Guy won 10 championships with it. The Miami Heat are hardly an elite team defensively , their offense won last year. Against an OKC team that has a better defense than them.

Balance wins championships, no just offense or defense. And that goes for all sports at all levels. It's the main reason the bulls, lakers and spurs did so well. Same goes for the patriots and Yankees.
    no experience beat OKC last year. Miami had been there before, Wade won a championship , Lebron carried the Cavs there. Those two things were more than enough to beat OKC. If OKC can make it again they have a year under their belt. Enough? Maybe, maybe not.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

ancient history and they were gifted a few of those wins, they shouldnt have even made the finals in two of those series. And that scumbag Jerry West, and piece of shit david stern letting them get Pau gasol for Kwame Brown was another gift of 2 rings. They even tried to do it again this year letting them trade away a crippled Andrew Bynum for dwight howard. Yeah Howard had surgery too but it is apparent that Bynum was much worse off than Howard was. but theyre getting it back now thats for sure.

I dont see how the league or stern can help them now though. They have zero tradeable assets and they dont have any drafts picks for a few years. I suppose if some franchise type player wanted to take a major shot and go to the lakers to rebuild it it could happen, bu I dont see it, not with the shit the lakers have done since Jimmy took over. Someone might go there and pull a Kobe Bryant and hod them hostage for a few hundred million but that surely wont rebuild them, but someone would definitely get paid.
    Trade helped both teams, Marc Gasol is a center not a PF but is a better player than his brother nowadays

wantitall4moi

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    Trade helped both teams, Marc Gasol is a center not a PF but is a better player than his brother nowadays
    youre not seriously trying to say that the lakers giving up kwame brown, a loser to the nth degree for an allstar guy like gasol was an equal trade are you?

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

youre not seriously trying to say that the lakers giving up kwame brown, a loser to the nth degree for an allstar guy like gasol was an equal trade are you?
    How predictable of you to leave out Marc Gasol & a draft pick that the Grizz used to acquire Z. Randolph. The trade ended up turning the Memphis Grizz franchise around.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: William Walters

William Walters

Quote Originally Posted by upscope View Post
    How predictable of you to leave out Marc Gasol & a draft pick that the Grizz used to acquire Z. Randolph. The trade ended up turning the Memphis Grizz franchise around.
    Don't waste your time upscope. This hooker loving freak is delusional from a severe case of syphilis.

upscope

Don't waste your time upscope. This hooker loving freak is delusional from a severe case of syphilis.
    Love how he thrashes Pau in every thread telling us how horrible & worthless he is but then when it's convenient for him reminds us that he's yet another all-star that was gifted to the Lakers & the reason why Kobe has a fist full of rings.
    Dude is all over the map w/ his hypocritical comments as long as they fit his agenda for that particular thread.

Ambition
    The Professor
    Ambition's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2452

It's so strange how the Lakers record when Kobe scores 30+ points is like 1-10? How is that possible. Dwight has to do better, play harder and get those 2nd chances points and stopping 2nd chance points. When Gasol comes back they will have two 7 footers, like last year, how don't you dominate the boards? Get physical and dominate. Dwight is the best center in the league and he's playing average. I don't care that he is a superstar when it gets late in the game, take him out! Until he proves himself then sit him on the bench for the final minutes if teams are just fouling him. Worst move in Lakers History was picking Mike D'Antoni over Phil Jackson.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

lakers win tonight in the big apple.

+240 go git some.

wantitall4moi

Quote Originally Posted by upscope View Post
    I dont give a shit about who had to do what, I just know All the Lakers had to do to get Pau Gasol was get rid of one of the worst NBA players of all time. who had ZERO trade value on his own.

William Walters

I dont give a shit about who had to do what, I just know All the Lakers had to do to get Pau Gasol was get rid of one of the worst NBA players of all time. who had ZERO trade value on his own.
    You are such a dumbfukk. Grizz are in much better shape due to the trade of Pau to the Lakers.

Read this article........be sure to pay special attention to point number "1" and point number "4".

http://memphisport.com/2012/03/5-bes...u-gasol-trade/

Now feel free to shut the fukk up.
    Points Awarded:

upscope gave William Walters 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

upscope

It wasnt a one for one deal. How clueless can u possibly be?? Do you look @ the whole trade??

According to your analogy the Minnosota Twolves got ripped off when they traded Brian Cardinal to the Memphis Grizz for OJ Mayo.......let's just go ahead & forget the fact the TWolves also got K. Love in that deal??
    Is that the way you look @ trades??

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

*No other franchise comes close to dominance............and that includes the Celtics who went 20+ years without a title after Bird and the boys.
    WW is a bit of a dolt (normal for Laker fans)...

hey WW.. see that teensie 'lil gap there between the '88 and the '00?

well, you guys are two years into the next one of those.
    It will be 10 yrs. minimum, before Blowtime hoists it again..

Kobe has expended all of their resources.. and it takes a normal crew 3-4 yrs.
    together to win it all, and that is not happening for another 6-7 yrs. so you do the math..*
    Attached Images  

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

team is buried beyond belief right now. the worst collection of guards in the entire league, artest is complete shit too. lakers always have 2 guys on the court who don't even belong in the league.

meanwhile, nash's leg won't heal because of his wimpy vegan diet and gasol's knees are shot.

First 123 Last