PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

1/2 is almost harder to win at....less people calling you down...more respect for raises....swings obv bigger

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    1/2 is almost harder to win at....less people calling you down...more respect for raises....swings obv bigger
    No

borednaz
    Swing Piggy Swing!
    borednaz's Avatar Become A Pro!

I play 5/10, when its spread. Not because it is a better game but because rake is finally livable. Also peoples bet sizing all though still off makes more sense.

You can be profitable playing TAG

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    there is still some skill involved in 1/2 or 2/4 nl.

mostly the skill to know that nobody folds a big hand, even if they know they are beat.

j/10/8 on the board someone will call kk down all the way, even if he is 95% sure someone has j/10, q/9, or 88
    This is where you have to play tight and be able to fold. To any new player who asks me for advice I tell them that knowing when you're beat and happily folding is the best skill to have.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Quote Originally Posted by hels View Post
    This is where you have to play tight and be able to fold. To any new player who asks me for advice I tell them that knowing when you're beat and happily folding is the best skill to have.

all the time i hear nonsense like "well i would never fold kk without an ace on the board". just completely ridiculous, narrow-minded thinking.

CanuckG

Had an interesting hand on Saturday....4 to the flop it was raised pre to 20 by the button. I have K10ss. flop K 6 10 rainbow. Im in the SB and this table has been pretty loose so I checked hoping to cr someone on the flop because I knew the button would cbet. Its checked around to the button and he bets 75. I cr to 225 and its folded back to him and he shoves for 950 more. I tanked for 3 mins and....what do you think I did? Call/fold? What do you put him on?

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

IN AC, 1/2 is the hardest game in town, and its not even close...

CanuckG

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    IN AC, 1/2 is the hardest game in town, and its not even close...
    I cant believe that. 1/2 especially in places like AC and Vegas are filled with drunk tourists and novices. Anyone with half a brain wouldnt be playing 1/2 if they had to

CanuckG

Telling me you go to the Borgata right now 1/2 is tougher than 5/10 and above??

Megatron81lions
    Megatron81lions's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 118

Poker is a fking grind any way u cut it i have over 100k in winnings online but the swings are just brutal. Not for the weak minded

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckG View Post
    Had an interesting hand on Saturday....4 to the flop it was raised pre to 20 by the button. I have K10ss. flop K 6 10 rainbow. Im in the SB and this table has been pretty loose so I checked hoping to cr someone on the flop because I knew the button would cbet. Its checked around to the button and he bets 75. I cr to 225 and its folded back to him and he shoves for 950 more. I tanked for 3 mins and....what do you think I did? Call/fold? What do you put him on?
    without any physical tells i'm guessing he had 66 and you folded

check raise should get a lot of respect (especially from an agressive player like the button) so going all-in is probably the play for 66 to make you over pay for a draw if you had k/10 or j/q

CanuckG

yes I folded he showed 66. I folded face up and the table said they would of called. The guy with sixes was jewish and doesnt bluff much....

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

I cant believe that. 1/2 especially in places like AC and Vegas are filled with drunk tourists and novices. Anyone with half a brain wouldnt be playing 1/2 if they had to
    Dude 1/2 is just a fukkin grind, same faces same people...

2/5 and up is the only games to play...

milwaukee mike

yes I folded he showed 66. I folded face up and the table said they would of called. The guy with sixes was jewish and doesnt bluff much....
    that gives you good feedback that your table selection was good, as well as your play. the rest of the table would've probably been out their whole stack chasing 4 outs twice

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

The guy with sixes was jewish ....

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Don't shower
    Wear something that looks like Tom Hanks in Castaway
    buy a beer, dump it out and fill it with water and drink about 20 of them at the table.
    be obnoxious- hit on other players, be loud, possibly fart a few times
    Be a table captain
    Keep proclaiming you're getting lucky as you keep winning
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: CanuckG

First 12