mrsolodolo21
    mrsolodolo21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7319

Quote Originally Posted by Inkwell77 View Post
    NBA players are good enough were they can take contested shots and make em 40% of the time, it is not interesting to watch, even though they are crazy talented.
    This is the part I don't understand. You are entitled to your opinion, but isn't it much more exciting to see players going shot-for-shot down the stretch instead of amateurs diving on the floor to gain possession for the game winning shot, which will probably be a missed wide-open three-pointer.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

college basketball is a joke

no talent

.005% are stars

same thing as high school ball only more physical

3 pt line way too short

shot clock is about one minute long

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32319

Quote Originally Posted by mrsolodolo21 View Post
    So the NBA is unpredictable, and that makes it hard to watch? I bet you're a big fan of chick flicks then, where you can guess the entire plot from just watching the trailer.
    Yeah it's hard to watch, you got your regular timeouts, then you got your forced fed TV timeouts that totally kill any rhythm a good game might have going on.

You got your personal touch fouls called every 45 seconds that in 1985 would be 'play on' in the Jordan, Bird etc. era.
    A love tap today gets two shots at the free throw line, back in the day, Lambier would horse collar McHale and the refs would swallow the whistle.

Yeah, the NBA is hard to watch.

Don't get me started on the poster children like Kobe, LeBron and the rest that play with their own set of rules, it's OK for them to shuffle the feet, take 3 and half steps towards the basket, and not get call for travelling.

Kevin McHale said it best, "in today's NBA, everybody meets at center court before tip and has a giant love in hug fest.
    In my day, when Lambier or any other Piston walked off the bus I had the urge to punch them in the teeth."

mrsolodolo21
    mrsolodolo21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7319

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Kevin McHale said it best, "in today's NBA, everybody meets at center court before tip and has a giant love in hug fest.
    In my day, when Lambier or any other Piston walked off the bus I had the urge to punch them in the teeth."
    I agree with this. Kevin Garnett is one of the only players left that still plays with that "old school" type of demeanor.

hotelis
    hotelis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 957

that is why i watch only spurs/celtics/mavs/grizzlies

First 123