bigballr9989
    bigballr9989's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1368

You must hate money. watching the whole game is the only way to get a good read on a team. All real cappers watch games from start to finish.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: sando

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57529

Welcome to the club and joining the millions of us who cannot stomach to watch an entire game. Its hard to do even when you're actually at the arena!

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bigballr9989 View Post
    You must hate money. watching the whole game is the only way to get a good read on a team. All real cappers watch games from start to finish.
    @ U

Especially the NBA,

54 lead changes per game,

watch the script unfold in the last 5 minutes,

yah this is capping alright

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Frisco
    Frisco's Avatar Become A Pro!

Even the crappiest NFL regular season games are more captivating than most of the marquee match ups in the NBA. It's just not a very good product right now

sando
    sando's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 573

Ok we get it, you hate the NBA, worst product ever, can't stand the games, blah blah blah. Seriously GTFO of the NBA forum. Obviously most of you twats have the attention span of a piece of chalk.

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

sportsinsights.com

Duff85
    Getting ready for Japball
    Duff85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4007

This is hilarious. Some of the most successful NBA handicappers don't watch a fukking minute of the season for research purposes. Basketball is one (if not THE) best sport for modelling purely with statistics. I am going to suggest that a lot of people who watch for "research" are seeing nothing that isn't already built into the line already. But they hit a few games here and there and believe that they are seeing things that make them a winner.

But yeah you must hate money if you value your time so lowly that you have to watch tons of mind-numbing basketball being played, when there are ways to win without watching it.

Duff85
    Getting ready for Japball
    Duff85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4007

Quote Originally Posted by sando View Post
    Ok we get it, you hate the NBA, worst product ever, can't stand the games, blah blah blah. Seriously GTFO of the NBA forum. Obviously most of you twats have the attention span of a piece of chalk.
    Sando - chill bro this has been cross-posted to players talk. Most of us are posting from there. So if you don't like the thread get out of it.

GAMBLOR777
    GAMBLOR777's Avatar Become A Pro!

I know if I was an NBA player I wouldn't take the game seriously until the 4th, sometimes 3rd quarter.

I'd also be rich so I wouldn't really give a fukk what fans, gamblers and the general public thinks.
    Last edited by GAMBLOR777; 12-08-12 at 05:04 AM.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32279

I bet, maybe, at most 10 to 12 NBA regular season games a year.
    I don't care much for that league, it's players, or Stern.
    On the rare occasion I do wager a NBA game, I usually watch the start, switch off to anything else on TV, check back in on the game during the commercial of whatever else I am watching, back and forth like that.
    If the outcome of the wager is still a factor at the 5:00 mark or so of the 4th quarter, I'll leave it on.
    What sucks is the last 5:00 minutes of a basketball game = 26 minutes (or so it seems) of real time.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    On the rare occasion I do wager a NBA game, I usually watch the start, switch off to anything else on TV, check back in on the game during the commercial of whatever else I am watching, back and forth like that.
    If the outcome of the wager is still a factor at the 5:00 mark or so of the 4th quarter, I'll leave it on.
    What sucks is the last 5:00 minutes of a basketball game = 26 minutes (or so it seems) of real time.
    Would think you'd be a nba fan with your screen name and avatar.

stevenash

^
    Steve Nash is my favorite player, I'll watch 8 or so Laker games this year. (regular season)
    I pay attention to the playoffs.

League is beyond boring.

sando
    sando's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 573

Quote Originally Posted by Duff85 View Post
    Sando - chill bro this has been cross-posted to players talk. Most of us are posting from there. So if you don't like the thread get out of it.
    Sorry. I'm very passionate about basketball.

HardCore
    I Win Some, I Lose Less
    HardCore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

i dont understand how ppl can bet things they dont watch but i find it funny how ppl cry about losing money on teams cause they dont cover well maybe if you watch the damn teams u bet on you would no when to bet and when to bet against. A smart capper once told me you always pick about 5-10 teams or a divison or conference and strictly follow those teams and you will always have an edge because numbers never lie but they never tell the whole story

RetardStrength
    RetardStrength's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6729

This... Pretty much exactly what I do. Turn a game on, watch a little. You can't take much away from it in terms of who you bet, then ill switch off and come back with some time left in the 4th. This is what I'd call my "average NBA game watching schedule."

Some people here get so fired up over everything. Let me make something clear. I don't "hate" the NBA. I am not a fan of the entire "product" that is a televised NBA game. The "typical" style of play is 1 on 1 for most squads. Again, we are often limited to the "popular" games on TV as well as our local teams games, which for me is the sixers, which can often be painful. Now throw in constant commercials, timeouts, and not a lot of urgency with the players until later in the game and it become a little difficult to sit there and watch from start to finish.

I can say I enjoy watching the Rondo's, Daron Williams, some Lebron here and there, Steve Nash, etc... Guys who actually think distribution AS WELL AS scoring.

And when it comes to college, a few of you nailed my point right on the head. Yes, they are young kids... That is why the coach/coaching actually has some real influence on the game. Throw in the rivalries, the level of energy in the crowd (driven by the overall younger crowd) and less stoppage in play overall and it makes for a little more excitement start to finish, typically.

The NBA is a product and the season is long. The early part of the season is just not as interesting as the later part of the season and the playoffs. Again, this is typical of any sport with a long season. I love hockey but can't watch an early season hockey game from start to finish. Rather turn it on in the 3rd during a close game and watch these guys start really going after each other. And even there, the level of intensity is nothing like it is come the push/playoffs

HardCore
    I Win Some, I Lose Less
    HardCore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

ill give you an example im n mia so i goto/watch pretty much every heat gm that team cannot gaurd the peremiter which is why i played den mil ny 2x against them because they cant gaurd jump shooting teams and when they play gsw depending on how inflated the line is imma ply gsw cause i no mi weakness and it COMES FROM WATCHING NOT LOOKING AT MEANINGLESS NUMBERS TO MAKE A PREDICTION WATCH THE TEAMS U Fn BET

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by sando View Post

Sorry. I'm very passionate about basketball.
    Well then you should clearly be able to see the intentional point shaving by,

shot misses,

free throw misses,

horrendous passing

and refs superior control of a chosen teams momentum that goes on in every game,

how anyone could be passionate about this B- acting @ best from all of the above is beyond me.............

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29042

couldnt pay me to watch an nba game

then again i only bet props when i bet nba, so i dont need to watch
    Last edited by 5mike5; 12-08-12 at 07:56 AM.

Catchn_Picks
    Catchn_Picks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15716

No, but some of the 3rd quarter and most of the 4th quarter and all of the last 5 minutes. Look at the OKC/LAL game last night. Westbrook goes insane the first half ...hits everything in sight...what good did it do for those betting OKC?f Nothing. They were too dominating and just played uber soft the last 6 minutes until LAL miraculously covers....sickening.

Frisco
    Frisco's Avatar Become A Pro!

I watch the NBA on sportscenter all the time!

BigBusiness
    Drug dealin money
    BigBusiness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

Quote Originally Posted by Catchn_Picks View Post
    No, but some of the 3rd quarter and most of the 4th quarter and all of the last 5 minutes. Look at the OKC/LAL game last night. Westbrook goes insane the first half ...hits everything in sight...what good did it do for those betting OKC?f Nothing. They were too dominating and just played uber soft the last 6 minutes until LAL miraculously covers....sickening.

This is why i hate the NBA

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1824

I can barely watch 2 mins of it and I played ball all my life.

When I was a lot younger I watched the whole game many times.

Horrible product.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1824

Quote Originally Posted by EasyHustlin View Post

LOL. I'll never understand why people think a bunch of 18 and 19 year olds kids is a higher quality of basketball than professionals. Can you not see the difference in basketball IQ between the two? It's staggering. College kids rarely have a clue (this is true in general, not just in basketball

Players with high basketball IQ's don't make the NBA as often as players with low IQ's and physical skills.

raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15350

Never watch an entire NBA game until the playoffs.

Joe Sharp
    Joe Sharp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8703

I was going to say, "only when I am in the arena". But you know what? Now that I think about it, my buddy and I typically catch up and talk the whole time so we aren't really paying attention until there is a big play or ... the last 5-10 minutes of a close game.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Quote Originally Posted by Seaweed View Post
    I usually record every game and watch every minute of every game. It's the only way you can dissect each team's playing to help you with your betting.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by Catchn_Picks View Post
    I was watching the game with my brother. We were both laughing because we were talking about "how Westbrook would try and drop 50 tonight and he was gonna suck in the 2nd half"

bleek88
    The picture of me on SBR is FAKE NOT ME
    bleek88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Duff85 View Post
    10-20 black men playing with balls gets you that fired up?

Hell yes it does!

mngambler
    mngambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3057

now that I think about it I can probably count on 1 hand the times I've watched from start to finish for the same reasons everyone has mentioned...basically to sum it up 1st, 2nd and 3rd quarters for show, 4th qtr. for dough

bleek88
    The picture of me on SBR is FAKE NOT ME
    bleek88's Avatar Become A Pro!

if you are a real capper, you watch the whole game. so if u dont, bend over i brought the lubriciation.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by bleek88 View Post
    if you are a real capper, you watch the whole game. so if u dont, bend over i brought the lubriciation.
    Handicap a NBA game? You can handicap a NBA game until your eyes bleed, you can handicap a NBA game to perfection and still lose badly.
    30 percent of the players show up when they feel like it. You can't handicap a NBA game, like I said, a lot of primma donnas with guaranteed long term money play when they feel like it. Plus the league is just as phony as the WWE.

Now, there are certain trends that are semi-successful, I read where fading a home team in their first game back home after a long road trip is profitable at times, but for the most part, handicapping a NBA game is like handicapping a maiden special weight 4500 dollar horse race.

Taka
    Taka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

It's commercials and all the breaks that annoy me... games take way too long because of them.

mrsolodolo21
    mrsolodolo21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7319

Handicap a NBA game? You can handicap a NBA game until your eyes bleed, you can handicap a NBA game to perfection and still lose badly.
    30 percent of the players show up when they feel like it. You can't handicap a NBA game, like I said, a lot of primma donnas with guaranteed long term money play when they feel like it. Plus the league is just as phony as the WWE.

Now, there are certain trends that are semi-successful, I read where fading a home team in their first game back home after a long road trip is profitable at times, but for the most part, handicapping a NBA game is like handicapping a maiden special weight 4500 dollar horse race.
    So the NBA is unpredictable, and that makes it hard to watch? I bet you're a big fan of chick flicks then, where you can guess the entire plot from just watching the trailer.

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

horrible product

I like players and teams diving on the ground for every loose ball and basketball which consists of good passing, player movement, and open shots.

NBA players are good enough were they can take contested shots and make em 40% of the time, it is not interesting to watch, even though they are crazy talented.

I seriously would rather watch a high school game in person than watch an nba game on tv.

First 123 Last