will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

Heisman Trophy Odds--Bovada lists Manziel as 1/15!

Johnny Manziel - 1/15

Manti Te'o -4/1

Collin Klein - 25/1

I know Manziel has put up some huge numbers through the air and on the ground. Texas A&M also beat Alabama but it's Notre Dame playing for the BCS National Championship and undefeated. Te'o is the definition of what a top level college player should be. The guy has overcome adversity off of the field.

Aside from Woodson, defense never wins, but Manziel is a freshman and freshman don't win often. I would stay far far away from this prop.

Manti Te'o DESERVES TO WIN THE HEISMAN TROPHY.

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Woodson won because of the things he did in addition to defense, not just because of what he did when the opposing QB had the ball. And no freshman has ever won it. Manziel probably deserves it, the kid is a stud, and I am huge ND fan.

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

just something to take in account:
    The Heisman Memorial Trophy annually recognizes the outstanding college football player whose performance best exhibits the pursuit of excellence with integrity. Winners epitomize great ability combined with diligence, perseverance, and hard work. The Heisman Trophy Trust ensures the continuation and integrity of this award.

johnny football was arrested in the off-seson.. could be held against as far as the integrity part goes

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

^^^ that's interesting, definitely could play a factor. I think Teo should be better than a 4-1 shot, but the awful odds being listed on Manziel makes me thinks the books already know the outcome.

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

I'd be shocked if he didnt win. This stuff leaks. The votes get out

But I will say it wouldn't be dumb to put a small play on Klein or Teo

I remember last year no one was talking about RGIII till the Thursday before the announcement. He was not the favorite leading up. I forget who was. Maybe Luck. Then the votes leaked and he became a huge favorite in minutes

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Still think Te'o may get it due to those old school guys that have votes and won't vote for a Freshman

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

I saw a post that said that Derrick Thomas only placed*10th*in the Heisman the year he racked up these numbers:*
    27 sacks*
    42 TFL*
    45 QB hurries*
    88 solo tackles*
    4 blocked kicks*
    1 safety*
    in a 12 game season. *

Those numbers are sick...*

This guy was the best player on the field every time he played.*In the NFL he still holds the record for 7 sacks in one game. The story about him getting those 7 sacks is an inspiring one.* His father was a captain in the Air Force that was last seen parachuting after his plane was shot down over Vietnam. The pregame ceremonies had 4 Air Force jets fly over Arrowhead stadium and an Air Force captain gave Derrick a yellow headband for luck. That was all the motivation he needed for that game.