Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Bret Bielema leaving Wiscy to coach Arky

fade Wisconsin now?

I was leaning Wiscy b4 this

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3317

Yeah. Stanford may take Wisky out to the woodshed.

PackareBack12
    PackareBack12's Avatar Become A Pro!

doesn't effect how we play or prepare for this game. I'm from wisconsin and like this move, he seems helpless in the fourth quarter too damn much...good luck in the SEC haha

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

who will they hire?

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Doesn't seem to fit Arkansas's style.

zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

i think it might give them even more motivation. fuel added to the fire.

people already don't think they should be there (which they are using mentally) now their head coach is gone and people will really doubt them.

as long as O line coach is still there doing his job, that's all they need Beiliema is a tard anyway.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

Why can't these guys wait until the bowls are over? Guy just coached his team into the Rose Bowl but leaves before they even play. Seems kinda odd.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

bielema's coaching has cost wisconsin more games than it's won

i think a house cat could make better decisions
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ericthegangster, and ronzer

darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

heard they may hire Luke Walton

milwaukee mike

line hasn't budged, can still find anything from -6 (-110) to -7 (-105)

Wilfred
    Wilfred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 528

Quote Originally Posted by MUHerd37 View Post
    Why can't these guys wait until the bowls are over? Guy just coached his team into the Rose Bowl but leaves before they even play. Seems kinda odd.
    Recruiting.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

Too bad NIU coach already accepted NC ST...Wonder if they would of invited him back to Wisconsin.

flyboy
    Let's go racing!!
    flyboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

If ohio and penn state wouldn't have been on probation, Wisconsin wouldn't even be in the rose bowl anyway. Not like they had a good record this year.

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

anybody who would of taken wisky in this game is nuts. stanford was going to kill them, and they still will now. wisconsin is probably the 4th best team in the big 10, might be pushing 5th. they had their best game of the season and combined with tito and nebraska make dumbass mistakes, they just kilt.

i mean, biela was on the verge of being fired. and he probably would of been fired. but penn state and ohio state are not bcs eligible. not to mention michigan is in the other division and they are so much better than wisconsin.

guessing matt canada is gonna be promoted . would be sweet if barry alaverez came back to coaching but i doubt that.

milwaukee mike

agree with neverstoppers

where nebraska was bad (stopping the run), stanford is quite good

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

Quote Originally Posted by neverstoppers23 View Post
    anybody who would of taken wisky in this game is nuts. stanford was going to kill them, and they still will now. wisconsin is probably the 4th best team in the big 10, might be pushing 5th. they had their best game of the season and combined with tito and nebraska make dumbass mistakes, they just kilt.

i mean, biela was on the verge of being fired. and he probably would of been fired. but penn state and ohio state are not bcs eligible. not to mention michigan is in the other division and they are so much better than wisconsin.

guessing matt canada is gonna be promoted . would be sweet if barry alaverez came back to coaching but i doubt that.

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

Quote Originally Posted by MUHerd37 View Post
    Cant miss 5-6 weeks of recruiting season! That will set a program back a couple years!

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    bielema's coaching has cost wisconsin more games than it's won

i think a house cat could make better decisions
    This.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

He is a good coach.....makes questionable decisions ( like all coaches do) but overall a proven winner....and he is agressive...I think Wisc will understand its football and they send him out with the best effort of the year....those kids get it now.....

He has their heads in the right spot....kids are giving 200% because they understand this is their time..make a name for themselves at Wisc...like the coach did...before their time is up...

PaperTrail07

should be a great fuckkn game

PaperTrail07

biela about to be fired ....come on

lyon804
    lyon804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

Wow, Arkansas AD is fukking moron. He first overreacts to Petrino getting a little pussy on the side (I, know, I know he lied about it) The Petrino thing would have blown over. It wasn't like he is the first coach that got caught getting a little strange. He then promotes a substitute teacher to HC for a year that was about like putting my cat in charge. Then this... Bielema, and his midwestern thinking will get shit on all over the SEC. This was a guy that cried last year when Urban Meyer stold some of his previous verbal commits. It is a dog eat dog world in the SEC. Good luck recruting against the masters of college football who could give a damn who gave what verbal to who. Bielema is a cry baby and that attitude does not reign supreme in the land of the SEC... Especially considering demographically Arkansas is always against it in that conference. Good Job Arkansas! Alot has changes since Petrino was caught getting him a little.

neverstoppers23

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    biela about to be fired ....come on
    he was, you can laugh all you want. the guy was defiantly on the hot seat for how terrible the team was this year and their expectations. i think its really embarrasing for the big 10 to have Wisconsin as their winner.

neverstoppers23

Quote Originally Posted by Sunde91 View Post
    what did i say that was wrong?

Sunde91

Bielema gets a bad rap for some perceived reasons: 1) memorable in game fuk ups like @MSU ly; 2) looks clueless in game on sidelines; 3) comes off as a jerk and not real likeable; 4) seen to fail in big games.

Reality:
    1) He has had bad moments, also good ones like the fake punt call @Iowa 2010 that won the game and the B10. UW back on top, attracts a guy like Wilson to win again, because of Bielema.
    2) He does
    3) He does
    4) Win over #1 OSU, wins in the first 2 B10CGs ever. I'd say 3 of the 5 biggest wins of any B10 team in his tenure. Rose Bowl losses were to #2 TCU, ending with a batted down 2pt conversion attempt to lose 2. #4 Oregon, ending with 1 of Wilson's 3 picks on the year in the 4th, and an Abbrederis fumble. 4 DD wins seasons, 3 titles, both equaling Barry after just 7 years.

what did i say that was wrong?
    Stanford killing Wisconsin is laughable. With what O against the 2nd best D they've played. Stanford will play ultra mega conservative with their bungholes puckered up and will lose SU.

Bielema was hand picked by Barry. He had no chance in the world of being fired this season coming off 2 titles. Are you fuking serious. Some delusional fans who forget their place and how good they have it doesn't mean "hot seat"

OSU is #1, Wisc/Neb/Mich would be practically even if played today on neutral, like +1.5. Records mean shit as UW is a different team and Vegas has known it for weeks. UW was -2.5 vs. OSU and outplayed them. 130 more yards and won TOP by 15 mins. OSU had half their regulation points off a punt return. UW fumbled on the 1. Lost in OT.

UW has to compete with Urban Meyer and they're going to take a guy with zero HC experience and 1 year as OC at UW. Good call

Slimpickens
    Slimpickens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6151

Is the move to Arkansas supposed to be a promotion of sorts? Seems more lateral if anything.

BeantownBlue
    BeantownBlue's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 607

I agree. If Neb had won the champ game, he could have been on a very hot seat.

he was, you can laugh all you want. the guy was defiantly on the hot seat for how terrible the team was this year and their expectations. i think its really embarrasing for the big 10 to have Wisconsin as their winner.

PaperTrail07

Wisc is not a bad team....they would give anyone a good run for their $

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Seems like a lateral move.

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

No chance was he about to be fired. Wisconsin owes Arkansas a beer for this one. Thanks for taking the albatross from around our necks and putting it on yours.

Sunde91

Many fans got their wish, now let's see if how bad BB will look in about 3 years. BB will be a God when UW is hovering around .500 and getting killed by Urban. BB is an arrogant prick who wins, but not enough, therefore isn't liked.

lol seriously a joke. Take 2 seconds for some perspective and compare UW since 06 to PSU, Iowa, Mich, MSU, etc. Thanks. Compare it to UW from 00-05. Thanks. Badger fans have their heads in the clouds to think it's not good enough with BB and it will be better without

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7787

this is a great hire for arkansas. they are historically not an elite sec team. they like to think that they are, much like ole miss. trust me, i know these people firsthand. the fact that arkansas can get a proven winner away from a job at another aq school is pretty surprising. they're not settling for the iowa state guy (chizik) or the la tech guy (dooley) or even the arkansas state guy (freeze at miss or mahlzahn at auburn). they're doing what all these teams want to do, and that's hire a proven winner to their historically mid-tier sec program.

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7787

being a tennessee resident, do you realize how many belly laughs that almost caused me to get into a wreck when i heard daily on the radio that they were really thinking gruden would come to their school? not to mention this weekend when a relative of mine said about the same tennessee job "well, we think we're gonna get gundy from osu"...BWWAAAHHHAAAHHHHAAAA...not in this lifetime, charlie.

this is a great hire for arkansas. a great, realistic hire.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Doesn't seem to fit Arkansas's style.
    Yeah I agree, he's always been a mid-west guy so I don't know how successful he will be in the SEC. He's a good coach but can he recruit against Les/Saban/Spurrier/Richt and now Sumlin. Gonna be tough, though it's a tough job for anyone.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by lyon804 View Post
    Wow, Arkansas AD is fukking moron. He first overreacts to Petrino getting a little pussy on the side (I, know, I know he lied about it) The Petrino thing would have blown over. It wasn't like he is the first coach that got caught getting a little strange. He then promotes a substitute teacher to HC for a year that was about like putting my cat in charge. Then this... Bielema, and his midwestern thinking will get shit on all over the SEC. This was a guy that cried last year when Urban Meyer stold some of his previous verbal commits. It is a dog eat dog world in the SEC. Good luck recruting against the masters of college football who could give a damn who gave what verbal to who. Bielema is a cry baby and that attitude does not reign supreme in the land of the SEC... Especially considering demographically Arkansas is always against it in that conference. Good Job Arkansas! Alot has changes since Petrino was caught getting him a little.
    This, this and more this.

12 Last