No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Seems like a lateral move.
    Maybe, but I'll bet his paycheck adds a few zeroes.

AllLogicBets
    AllLogicBets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

All signs pointing to Barry Alvarez coaching the Badgers in the Rose Bowl. I know someone close to him in the organization and I asked him if it was true and he said 'it is a definite possibility.' In my opinion this is an edge for Wisconsin as Alvarez is the King in Madison. I'm on Wisconsin in this one.

Bielema did a fine job recruiting but he wasn't the brains on the team. He delegated pretty much everything and he was an awful gameday coach with horrible decisions (most notably anything involving clock management).

I'm already on the spread but if Barry Alvarez is coaching I will seriously consider the money line.

dmtrader
    dmtrader's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2107

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    Yeah. Stanford may take Wisky out to the woodshed.
    He still wants to coach the Rose Bowl

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

He must have gotten more money.

Wisconsin is a better program than Arkansas.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Man there's a lot of good coaches in the SEC now. Things come and go in cycles, but not everyone can win every year so it's going to tarnish a coaches resume when they're canned in 3/4 years for being mediocre. It's getting a little out of control now. Unless it's John Gruden making his NFL preseason picks, not every team is going to make the playoffs.

flyboy
    Let's go racing!!
    flyboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Just heard on the radio that barry Alvarez is going to coach for the rose bowl. I think this will be better than Bret coaching imo.

lyon804
    lyon804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    This, this and more this.

As you are probably well aware too many cast judgement in the south for another man's "sins". As if most people have not done any questionable things they would change if given the opportunity. I to a degree think Petrino is scum, but it has nothing to do with his mistress acts. Most successful people are not 'good' people. The truth is football is big business in the south and the coach is the CEO of that respective business that brings massive revenue to the big programs. Many CEO's are not good people. As I once heard.. "it is not always the most popular guy are even the best guy that gets the job done". I believe Petrino to be a winning football coach and easily in the top 10-20% in his profession. He has some warts, but really who doesn't? Some peoples flaws are different. I heard he was unhirable at Auburn for his "sins".hahahah. It would been to hard explaining to the religious zealots in cow country for brining him on. I have no doubt Arkansas should have taken action against him by suspending him,docking his pay, rewriting his contract, or whatever to make it look good. At no time do I fire him. It would have blown over as soon as the next big thing came about.

ragman
    ragman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 184

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    He must have gotten more money.

Wisconsin is a better program than Arkansas.
    This.

I don't know why he would leave for Arkansas, because Arkansas hasn't done much in SEC football since they joined the conference.

First 12