Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

Yesterday Was My Worst Day in a Long Betting Career

Don't usually play a lot of favorites or teases but I did yesterday and it KILLED me.

Had the 49ers -7 (up 8 with ball, minutes to go, somebody calls a play with a lateral)
    Had the 49ers -1 in multiple teases (missed FG in OT). All the other teased plays won.
    Had Detroit teased to -1 (huge, up 12 with minutes to go)......already won with Jets - even
    Had Chicago -3 (up by 4 with 2 minutes to go, Seattle ball on own 4)
    Patriots -7- (late FG by Miami)
    Denver -8 (late FG to push by Tampa Bay)
    Jets -4- (win by 1, Jets have ball on AZ 1 yard line at game's end)

Bad day, went full tilt (usually don't) and bet the night game. Big! Didn't have the courage to bet Philly so held my nose and bet Dallas -10-. They sucked the whole game but the gods smiled on me with 5 minutes to go with a 50 yard fumble TD return to go up 11. Thank you! 35 seconds to go Philly goes 96 yards on a punt return. Twilight Zone Ouch!!

Every single dramatic move at the end of a game went against me. OUCH.

It happens. At least one weekend every season. But I know this to be a fact for any serious gambler.........You get far more bad breaks than good ones. It does not even out, as they are wont to say. The Bookies get all the breaks! I do not know why, but it's true.

lonegambler
    lonegambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

Sorry bro.. thats bad! Know how u feel! had det also to hit a nice parlay! just turn page and move on.. dont aggravate yourself!

Popcorn Trick
    Popcorn Trick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 540

Ya, I figured someone might have had a piece of all those.... I got killed on Jets, Pats and Lions as well.

I could live with the Lions cause Luck actually made a really smart play on that last play, while the Dolphins and the Jets made fake over-thought smart plays to kill me.

Popcorn Trick

Forum was way too quiet over all that ish. Wondering if any of these even bet anymore.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Sounds like you didn't watch the Jets game, I won't tell you what happened to get them to the 1.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Books clean house

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    Sounds like you didn't watch the Jets game, I won't tell you what happened to get them to the 1.
    Brian Westbrook slide, I pushed Jets 2nd half on that shit

Popcorn Trick

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    Brian Westbrook slide, I pushed Jets 2nd half on that shit
    Shonn Greene and he really got down. Didn't see that coming at all. Dude was responsible for biggest loss of my career for not sliding in that AFC divisional game a few years ago when he should have.

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3683

Quote Originally Posted by Harry N. Lloyd View Post
    You got a bad number. It was 7.5 early Sunday and most of the week I think. Had TB and was pissed they didnt go for two. It was 31-16 with a few minutes left and then they scored a TD+XP. Youre lucky they didnt go for two and convert.

thefastship
    thefastship's Avatar Become A Pro!

Your plays mirriod mine. I win NCAA and give it back on Sunday.

Catchn_Picks
    Catchn_Picks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15716

You got the full blast of crap on Sunday, that's for sure

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

This is why books never lose. How many guys you think had the opposite plays than you did? Not many

woodsyallin
    woodsyallin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

sucks bro i had a bad sunday too but not as bad...i had san fran lost...also bet the chi-seahawks game but took seattle which hit...i had minnasota who missed a 43 yard feild goal late which would have tied it, they generally got moosed that game they were in green bays sights all game...i had cincy which hit...but i was down 300 on juice etc so i went big for 1200 on dallas to try and make it a positive day..thee game was a double moose but still we shoulda been allowd that..so i lost like 1500 terrible day...your day sucked tho just terrible...the feelings these last second loss give u are unreal

JayLA
    On to the next one...
    JayLA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1219

I feel ya

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

But Shonn Greene did the right thing......regardless of who put a few bucks on them around the world.

If he scampers in, then Arizona has 2:00 left and a chance to tie the game with a TD and 2 point convert. By Greene getting down, the game was over with 2 kneel downs!

dmtrader
    dmtrader's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2107

Bettors got cleaned out on Sunday

I always laugh when the bookie says he had a bad day - I know he makes it up in a day or two

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

...bet Dallas -10

You were definitely on TILT

Happens to the best of us... Take a break , go fishing

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Walker thanks you

darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
    Walker thanks you

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

You aren't alone

It was a rough weekend of games for a lot of people

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

It happens to all of us....maybe drop down to 1 or 2 games a weekend and see if that helps. I haven't had much time to carefully cap this year so I just played 1 or 2 totals a weekend and I've had a great year. If all the breaks go against you just take a few months off...happened to me last year. There is always some values with the bowl games.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Don't usually play a lot of favorites or teases but I did yesterday and it KILLED me.

Had the 49ers -7 (up 8 with ball, minutes to go, somebody calls a play with a lateral)
    Had the 49ers -1 in multiple teases (missed FG in OT). All the other teased plays won.
    Had Detroit teased to -1 (huge, up 12 with minutes to go)......already won with Jets - even
    Had Chicago -3 (up by 4 with 2 minutes to go, Seattle ball on own 4)
    Patriots -7- (late FG by Miami)
    Jets -4- (win by 1, Jets have ball on AZ 1 yard line at game's end)

Bad day, went full tilt (usually don't) and bet the night game. Big! Didn't have the courage to bet Philly so held my nose and bet Dallas -10-. They sucked the whole game but the gods smiled on me with 5 minutes to go with a 50 yard fumble TD return to go up 11. Thank you! 35 seconds to go Philly goes 96 yards on a punt return. Twilight Zone Ouch!!

Every single dramatic move at the end of a game went against me. OUCH.

It happens. At least one weekend every season. But I know this to be a fact for any serious gambler.........You get far more bad breaks than good ones. It does not even out, as they are wont to say. The Bookies get all the breaks! I do not know why, but it's true.
    Maybe its time you stop picking your own plays and tail me. I'm 6-1 in the last week.

You could also tail collin cowherd. Guy is picking 75% winners this year.

RS1702
    RS1702's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1644

Count me in---I'm broke---went all in on Frisco ML....JUST UNBELIEVABLE...

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Quote Originally Posted by Br0nxer View Post
    You aren't alone

It was a rough weekend of games for a lot of people
    Bingo

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

Generally there are bad beats all overt the boards, they just dont all happen to you on the same day. I had one this year where every bad beat and late score hurt, this week it evened out as I was on the right side of every one of those bad beats. The way you win is to make sure you lost more when the bad beats hurt than you won when you were on the 'right' side.

Thats why books win the always have an expectation that is positive. At least ones that do it 'right'.

Regul8er
    Wordd

It was a great week for my Survivor Pool, haha.

What was once 2,069....is now only 78.

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Not to rub it in...but I had Seattle +8 and they covered when Harbaugh declined a safety. Who declines a safety? I had KC/SD Over when 4th quarter Cassel fumbles in the endzone for a TD, pick 6 for a TD, and then a KC TD. All 3 are always long shots and they all hit. Sometimes all the breaks go in our favor...we just tend to chalk that up as great capping and don't remember them like the tough losses.

coop
    coop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

I bet every dollar I had on the Ravens ML

get over it

Popcorn Trick

Quote Originally Posted by coop View Post
    I bet every dollar I had on the Ravens ML

get over it
    Now, that was a horrible play. That's Pitt-Balt you are talking about there. Pitt already lost to them once this year and their backs were against the wall...Not always an open and shut case, but they are coached by Mike Tomlin to boot. Great Coach.

shockey43
    shockey43's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3085

49ers ****** me over on a ML parlay that would have payed 8 to 1... i feel your pain. I was damn near ready to punch a hole in my wall on that atrocious lateral/fumble play and I rarely ever lose my temper when gambling.

mynameismud
    mynameismud's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8427

bears and 49ers fukked me good on sunday. 1st losing sunday in 3 weeks.

Regul8er
    Wordd

Why do I read so many stories about guys making 4 and 5 team parlays with big ML favorites??
    This is not a winning proposition.....never was never will be!

kfranz31
    kfranz31's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1914

i had bengals over....teased and straight.....this weekend was a hookers paradise...screwed on every corner

Ajax1489
    Ajax1489's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 370

Same thing happened to me on Sunday. Had a lot of things teased with -0.5 Ravens. This was the last game for the teasers and everything else hit. I felt that this was surely a lock with the Ravens at home playing against CHARLIE F**CKIN BATCH and the Steelers. That lost and cost me three teasers. Then I went on tilt for the night cap. Teased the Cowboys at -4. That hit, but the Lakers didn't even show up against the Magic and ruined that. Frustrating day indeed.

pokernut9999
    pokernut9999's Avatar Become A Pro!

Try betting a dog for a change , all favorites will never win in the long run.

12 Last