Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Haha so if i want patriots hit it now i guess

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

If i buy down to -3 at 155 is it worth it?

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Anybody?

lolbear
    lolbear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10321

no it's not

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1824

Should stay around 4/4.5,

So you like the Pats?

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

I do especially if Gronk is back.

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

I'll take Texans, since they can beat the Pats through the ground and air. JJ Swat and the rest of the Texans will probably focus more in batting Brady's ball down then trying to sack him.

sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY
    sneakerhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1417

Texans, Patriots getting too much respect

b1slickguy
    WDKYWMYAK
    b1slickguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29680

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    I do especially if Gronk is back.

Short passes with big YAC could eat up the Texans D. Good luck.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Anybody know how bad Julian Edelman's injury is?

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1824

Pats are like the Packers except they can run the ball.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Pats have a much better o-line than the Packers

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

Line reflects that Hou is sure thing for play offs, and more than likely top seed in AFC. They can 'give' this game away, or definitely play a vanilla type game and not show anything to the Patriots because they plan on facing them later on.

While Patriots dont 'have' to win their need it much greater than Houstons.

Its taken a bit already and it seems to be split, opened 4 went to 5 and got beat back to 4.5 so some 'respected' money both ways on this game.

Its a Monday night game so it will see plenty on Monday, so a long time to sit around and wait and watch. But I dont think youre going to lose or gain a lot by betting it now. But if On Thursday it starts avalanching one way you might want to consider something then.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Would u pay extra juice to get -3?

fergie's balls
    fergie's balls's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 129

Good post Wantitall,was looking at this game last week. Texans all about a playoff spot vs these guys, to the point of playcalling to set up playcalling later. I wouldnt touch them here.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Anybody got any injury updates?

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Aight fellas I took Patriots -5 for 4 units

I could have had -4 but i'd rather have the +105

Hopefully Gronk and Edelman will be ready to ball

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Quote Originally Posted by wantitall4moi View Post
    Line reflects that Hou is sure thing for play offs, and more than likely top seed in AFC. They can 'give' this game away, or definitely play a vanilla type game and not show anything to the Patriots because they plan on facing them later on.

While Patriots dont 'have' to win their need it much greater than Houstons.

Its taken a bit already and it seems to be split, opened 4 went to 5 and got beat back to 4.5 so some 'respected' money both ways on this game.

Its a Monday night game so it will see plenty on Monday, so a long time to sit around and wait and watch. But I dont think youre going to lose or gain a lot by betting it now. But if On Thursday it starts avalanching one way you might want to consider something then.

Totally disagree.....Houston basically clinches homefield through out with a win and is only up 1 game with NE having the tiebreaker with a loss. The Texans will play to win but can their secondary hold up and can they run the ball enough to keep Brady off the field.

Blissit02
    Blissit02's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

GRONK IS NOT PLAYING IN THIS GAME!!!!

Patriots roll win by 17

wantitall4moi

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Handicapable View Post
    Totally disagree.....Houston basically clinches homefield through out with a win and is only up 1 game with NE having the tiebreaker with a loss. The Texans will play to win but can their secondary hold up and can they run the ball enough to keep Brady off the field.
    maybe but better test game for Houston as this is on the road so they also get to see how they play there. Not play off atmosphere obviously but still an advantage.

NE wont win out. Hou could unless they want to rest guys, which is maybe the dumbest thing ever in the NFL because it never works. So not sure what they do, I say they play everyone but just enough to win.

I didnt say Houston was going to pull a San Antonio and not show up I just said they arent desperate to win. So if they go down 14-0 earl it isnt like theyre going to kill themselves to come back and try to win, like they would if they 'needed it' more.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by Blissit02 View Post
    GRONK IS NOT PLAYING IN THIS GAME!!!!

Patriots roll win by 17
    I hope you are right. I've had this game circled for a long time so i would be kicking my self if Patriots win big and I didn't pull the trigger.

But I am little concerned with Gronk being out and possibly Edelmann too..

but then again they still have Hernandez and Welker. The last time Houston faced a good QB was the Packers game and Aaron Rodgers ripped the Texans a new asshole lol.

SmittyZ28
    SmittyZ28's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 807

No way Gronk comes back for this game, I do not even think it is being discussed. I live up near Boston and no one on the radio is even talking about him. This is a tough game to call, but Pats are as good as anyone at home and Brady gets hyped up for these games. He will be listening to the "Texans are the beast team in the AFC" talk all week thinking to himself "I will show them" Gotta love when Brady has a chip on his shoulder, almost always leads to a Pats W. Same thing goes double for Bill, I am sure they have both had this game circled on the calendar. Not sure where I am feeling on this game, should be close but then again each team has the ability and talent to really put the hammer down. Pats OLine will come to play so I do not see Hou defensive line being too much of an issue. If the Pats can establish the run it should be an easy Pats win.

SmittyZ28

Also do not forget the last "test" game Houston had, GB came in and smacked them in the mouth. Houston has had some trouble showing up to games they should win easily like the Jags and Jets. Impressive wins in Detroit and Chicago though, I have made a lot of dough on both the Pats and Texans this year plus I am a Pats homer. Tough game to call...

wantitall4moi

Quote Originally Posted by SmittyZ28 View Post
    No way Gronk comes back for this game, I do not even think it is being discussed. I live up near Boston and no one on the radio is even talking about him. This is a tough game to call, but Pats are as good as anyone at home and Brady gets hyped up for these games. He will be listening to the "Texans are the beast team in the AFC" talk all week thinking to himself "I will show them" Gotta love when Brady has a chip on his shoulder, almost always leads to a Pats W. Same thing goes double for Bill, I am sure they have both had this game circled on the calendar. Not sure where I am feeling on this game, should be close but then again each team has the ability and talent to really put the hammer down. Pats OLine will come to play so I do not see Hou defensive line being too much of an issue. If the Pats can establish the run it should be an easy Pats win.
    so if they get too up for this game what about the next (short) week when they have to play SF? With everyone saying how SF is the best team in the NFC?

You think Pats try and make a statement by rolling up the only other 2 teams besides them that have a legit shot to win the Superbowl?

How these games look and what happens will determine a lot in the near future when it comes to evaluating likelihood of winning it all.

Mr Handicapable

Brady will prob pick them apart but much better plays out there imo. Lloyd has been a bust for the Pats and I think it will cost them at some point. Its hard to nickel & dime good teams when you don't really have a big play threat....even for Brady. I sure hope NE drops a game so Denver can get a bye. SF comes to Foxboro next week.

SmittyZ28

As much as I love the Pats, I do find it hard to believe they can beat both the Texans and Niners within 6 days of each other even if both games are in Foxboro. I will say this, unless you were on the Arizona ML, betting against the Pats has not been profitable in a long time. As a homer I will take the Pats in both games as I do every week. My problem is will it be a small homer play or a big handicapper play, tough call

Spedizzo
    Spedizzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

Houston's corners are NO match for the Patriots. You saw what the Lions and Packers did. Texans "strong" defense is one of the bigger myths this year. When they play a team with decent receivers they are exposed.

They are an amazing overall team in terms of being solid in every aspect of the game... but the Patriots are like a machine and Brady this late in the season is on point.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by SmittyZ28 View Post
    Exactly. Brady has that killer instinct. This is going to be one of those games where he has that stone cold killer look in his eye. One of those games where he stares down the Texans sideline after throwing a TD pass type game.

The type of game where he runs down the field after a TD and head bunts his offensive linemen. This game reminds me of a couple years ago when the Patriots played the Jets on Monday night football. I can't wait for this shit!

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by wantitall4moi View Post
    so if they get too up for this game what about the next (short) week when they have to play SF? With everyone saying how SF is the best team in the NFC?

You think Pats try and make a statement by rolling up the only other 2 teams besides them that have a legit shot to win the Superbowl?

How these games look and what happens will determine a lot in the near future when it comes to evaluating likelihood of winning it all.
    Yep.. 49ers get in line you guys are next. And when this Patriots -5 cashes i'm taking that and slaming it down Patriots again vs the 49ers.

After the Patriots take care of business in these 2 games they can tone it down a notch and get healthy for the playoffs. But these will be STATEMENT games on prime time.

Mr Handicapable

Just remember...bigger the game....sharper the line. Being from Indy...we get along with Pats fans like Arabs & Jews so I'm not exactly neutral but I remember the Jets playing smashmouth and ball control in Foxboro and should've won the game. Houston is good at smashmouth and ball control bootlegs, etc.

wantitall4moi

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    Yep.. 49ers get in line you guys are next. And when this Patriots -5 cashes i'm taking that and slaming it down Patriots again vs the 49ers.

After the Patriots take care of business in these 2 games they can tone it down a notch and get healthy for the playoffs. But these will be STATEMENT games on prime time.

what if Pats go 0-2?

Thats the slippery slope of that kind of thinking.

Patriots havent been world beaters this year. The only reason I put them in the top 3 is because of the organization as a whole and experience. This team isnt a shadow of the past few teams. Their defense sucks, and their offense is suspect as well, Miami shut them down yesterday and they have been slowed down by a lot of teams with actual talent.

Yes Houston has iffy secondary, but it might come down to who makes that one play .

I am not a fan of any team and dont really have an opinion on this game yet. Week 8 I would be all over Houston, week 13 as it stands now its just a bad game to bet.

Slimpickens
    Slimpickens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6151

With the recent competition that the Patriots have played I dont see how you lay more than a field goal against Houston here. I think both teams are somewhat over rated.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by SlimPickens View Post
    With the recent competition that the Patriots have played I dont see how you lay more than a field goal against Houston here. I think both teams are somewhat over rated.
    Patriots overrated???

They are clicking on all cylinders

1234 ... Last