acarmelo1
    The Panamanian Connection
    acarmelo1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1581

Peyton Manning is the BEST

He is the BEST QB. I should write a book on how he is the best, and why.

It would sell millions of copies and make me a billionaire.

O yeah.

PEYTON MANNING

Justin3587
    Justin3587's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 450

Do you fondle his balls while you are sucking him off?

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

This thread is going to be a one man circle jerk.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6858

comeback player of the year... no wait, IN NFL HISTORY!!!

acarmelo1

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post
    comeback player of the year... no wait, IN NFL HISTORY!!!
    Manning

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

I think he's the best passing NFL QB ever, but not the better overall QB. Manning and Farve's career are very similar. The best goes to John Elway and probably Brady as much as I disdain the guy.

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98 View Post
    I think he's the best passing NFL QB ever, but not the better overall QB. Manning and Farve's career are very similar. The best goes to John Elway and probably Brady as much as I disdain the guy.
    the best QB of all time is Joe Montana, but I would rank Peyton as a close second.

darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

brady>peyton

frostno98

Quote Originally Posted by FindTheLock View Post
    the best QB of all time is Joe Montana, but I would rank Peyton as a close second.
    I would never say Montana is the best ever for these 3 simple reason. He had the best receiver ever to play in the NFL Jerry Rice. He had probably best Safety to play in the NFL Ronnie Lott. And he also had Bill Walsh. Having Roger Craig who was the Marshall Faulk of the 80's also helped.

FindTheLock

I would never say Montana is the best ever for these 3 simple reason. He had the best receiver ever to play in the NFL Jerry Rice. He had probably best Safety to play in the NFL Ronnie Lott. And he also had Bill Walsh. Having Roger Craig who was the Marshall Faulk of the 80's also helped.
    Well you can discredit anyone under those types of standards. Any person on this planet with an ax to grind can come up with reasons to diminish another persons accomplishments. What do you have against the niners? Or more specifically Montana?

FindTheLock

I could say that brady is just a system QB, and without Belicheck Brady wouldn't be half as good. Peyton is great because he is the offensive coordinator, the head coach, and the QB when he is on the field.

frostno98

I could say that brady is just a system QB, and without Belicheck Brady wouldn't be half as good. Peyton is great because he is the offensive coordinator, the head coach, and the QB when he is on the field.
    The problem with your argument is Belichick was a head coach for the Browns once, and he sucked under his system before getting fired. Belichick isn't what is until he found Brady. Jerry Rice help not only Joe Montana win the Super Bowl, but also Steve Young. Rice also helped Rich Gannon with the Raiders go to the Superbowl. Montana career benefited greatly by having Jerry Rice his entire time with the Niners. Montana did not make Jerry Rice who he is base on the Fact I just pointed out, with Rice helping 3 different QB's get to the big game.

Both Brady and Elway went to five Super bowls each, combining for 10 total appearances with a 5-5 win/loss ratio. You telling me the great Jerry Rice wouldn't had been a great contribution if he was added to those team.

mcduggly
    mcduggly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2401

The problem with your argument is Belichick was a head coach for the Browns once, and he sucked under his system before getting fired. Belichick isn't what is until he found Brady. Jerry Rice help not only Joe Montana win the Super Bowl, but also Steve Young. Rice also helped Rich Gannon with the Raiders go to the Superbowl. Montana career benefited greatly by having Jerry Rice his entire time with the Niners. Montana did not make Jerry Rice who he is base on the Fact I just pointed out, with Rice helping 3 different QB's get to the big game.

Both Brady and Elway went to five Super bowls each, combining for 10 total appearances with a 5-5 win/loss ratio. You telling me the great Jerry Rice wouldn't had been a great contribution if he was added to those team.
    Exactly. Both Manning and Brady are very close in comparison, but I think I might have to go with Brady just because he has never had a top-notch wide receiver other than Randy Moss, and look what the team did when he did have one. If the Patriots could sign or trade for a top receiver, Brady could destroy the record books.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

I dont know Peyton has been on a bunch of great teams and only 1 super bowl to show for it.

Maybe Peyton is the best regular season QB ever...

But I think I'd rather have Eli in a playoff game.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Yeah too bad he couldn't get me more than 16 fantasy points last night.

FindTheLock

Who doesn't suck under the browns logo? Going to Cleveland is a death sentence for any coach or player. To even use that as a basis for argument is laughable. Cleveland is notorious for being bad at sports. You could put the best coach in the world in charge of a pee wee team in the NFL and they won't win a game.

acarmelo1

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    I dont know Peyton has been on a bunch of great teams and only 1 super bowl to show for it.

What do you mean a bunch of good teams?

When the colts signed Peyton they were Trash, and Peyton make them an Awsome team.

Same for Denver, last year Denver Offense was a joke. A bunch of stunts that worked and only cuz for somereason, Jesus was rooting for Denver.

Now with Peyton Denver Offense has become a real Offense.

FindTheLock

all coaches need good players to succeed, much like all players need good coaches to succeed. And all good players need a team full of good players to maximize their potential. You can't diminish accomplishments based on that argument. Without Joe Montanna Jerry Rice would not have been as famous as he is today. Steve Young was a great QB too. You can't just give all the credit to Jerry Rice for the 49ers success. He was a piece in the puzzle for sure, but no team wins the superbowl just because they have an elite WR.

acarmelo1

Who doesn't suck under the browns logo? Going to Cleveland is a death sentence for any coach or player. To even use that as a basis for argument is laughable. Cleveland is notorious for being bad at sports. You could put the best coach in the world in charge of a pee wee team in the NFL and they won't win a game.

Cleavland Cavaliers did good a for a couple of years,

FindTheLock

Quote Originally Posted by acarmelo1 View Post
    Cleavland Cavaliers did good a for a couple of years,
    they had the best player in the world surrounded by some decent talent sure, but they still did not win it all. Basketball and football are completely different sports.

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post

Funny how Eli looks good cause his D held Brady to 14 and 17 points. I think Brady/Pats avg. 30 ppg versus Peyton's teams.

Related note.....Tony Dungy OVERRATED. How much HOF talent did that guy have and only won 1 SB. The cover-2 is so vanilla it will only beat $hit teams w/$hit QBs.
    Last edited by Mr Handicapable; 12-07-12 at 03:55 PM.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32231

the best QB of all time is Joe Montana
    Joe Cool was my guy, but Bart Starr and Johnny U belong in the same breath.

FindTheLock

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Joe Cool was my guy, but Bart Starr and Johnny U belong in the same breath.
    I agree. They all played when the defenses were still allowed to play defense.

stevenash

^
    And Lombardi let Starr call every play in the huddle.

frostno98

Your probably very young I assume and don't know much about the NFL historically. The Browns were not really a bad team when Bellichick took over. The Browns went to the AFC Championship game in 1986, 1987, and 1989. Bill Bellichick got hired in 1991 in Cleveland, so he took over a team that narrowly missed the Superbowl 3 times in the last five years.

FindTheLock

Your probably very young I assume and don't know much about the NFL historically. The Browns were not really a bad team when Bellichick took over. The Browns went to the AFC Championship game in 1986, 1987, and 1989. Bill Bellichick got hired in 1991 in Cleveland, so he took over a team that narrowly missed the Superbowl 3 times in the last five years.
    I am so young I missed the fact that the 1990 Browns held a 3-13 record finishing 4th in the AFC Central. In 1991 they finished 6-10

FindTheLock

the jets went to the AFC championship game a few times in the past couple of years, and look at how well they are playing right now. Your data scraping is falling way short on this attempt.

frostno98

I am so young I missed the fact that the 1990 Browns held a 3-13 record finishing 4th in the AFC Central. In 1991 they finished 6-10
    In 1991 they finish 6-10 under Billichick 1st year as head coach. Billichick took over a Browns team that went to the playoffs 5 straight years from 85-89 except for that single 3-13 year in 1990. Your trying to make it like Billichick took over a sh1tty franchise, which he didn't. Bellichick didn't do anything special in Cleveland as I correctly pointing out again, because he was waiting for a Brady type player.

FindTheLock

In 1991 they finish 6-10 under Billichick 1st year as head coach. Billichick took over a Browns team that went to the playoffs 5 straight years from 85-89 except for that single 3-13 year in 1990. Your trying to make it like Billichick took over a sh1tty franchise, which he didn't. Bellichick didn't do anything special in Cleveland as I correctly pointing out again because he was waiting for a Brady type player.
    The reason that He got the job as the browns new coach was because they finished 3-13 the year prior. You're trying to make it sound like he took over a playoff team, which I correctly pointed out that he clearly DID NOT.

acarmelo1

The bottom line is that you all wish that Peyton Manning was your uncle.

FindTheLock

Browns 1989 9-6-1
    Browns 1988
    10-6-0
    Browns 1987 10-5

While they were above average, they were far from being elite during this time period. That has nothing to do with the leftovers that Belicheck took over. He took over a 3-13 Browns team. This was the turning point for the Browns being one of the worst teams in the NFL Historically. I am a bucs fan, so I know what it's like to "make the playoffs" without a chance in hell of being good enough to win the whole thing. Except that one magic year when all the stars aligned. Good debating with ya. I enjoyed it.

stevenash

Those Browns team of the mid to late 80's were actual pretty good.
    I enjoyed watching that team.
    Kosar under center, they had an all pro back, Kevin Mack that would absolutely punish you, and catch it out in the flat too.
    Byner was a solid back too.
    Ozzie Newsom was the tight end, I think Brennan was the wide out.

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Nope, he's a failure in the playoffs

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by mcduggly View Post
    Exactly. Both Manning and Brady are very close in comparison, but I think I might have to go with Brady just because he has never had a top-notch wide receiver other than Randy Moss, and look what the team did when he did have one. If the Patriots could sign or trade for a top receiver, Brady could destroy the record books.
    This is high comedy

Wes Welker owns or shares 8 nfl reception records. Gronkowski, even if only around for a year and a half has dominated. Isn't it funny that when he got hurt last year that the pats ended up losing? Cant believe Brady didn't lead them to the super bowl win

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6858

come back when Brady leads a 10+ pt comeback to get to the Super Bowl.... Peyton did that in 2/3 AFCCG's

Brady sits there as the Ravens implode or the Chargers are all injured... or he watches from the sideline as Bledsoe leads the Pats to the SB vs Rams.

Hell, don't even remember who Pats beat in 2004 to go to the SB... Titans? maybe... probably beat them and scored 17 points doing it

Brady = most over-rated in history (cheater too)

12 Last