daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Who is getting the screw job worse?

Florida, Oregon, Kansas State?

An 8 team playoff this year would be insane. Texas A&M probably playing better than any team in the country and they would possibly be team #9.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Oregon. They were the 2nd best team in their conference, but in the same division with the best.

allabout the $$$
    Update your status
    allabout the $$$'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26701

oregon, hands down were a top5 team most of the year lost 1 game, blew everyone out of the water who they played except stanford. i still think oregon is the best team and with the young talent they have they should win a national championship very soon

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

Florida not even close.

I am a Pac 10 guy but Florida beat better teams this year and fumbled their way to that loss at Georgia.

Its hard to play the 'transitive theory' game in sports but it is done all the time by everyone even though the NFL and NBA show it has zero reliability. But since college football doesnt do anything right they still get it wrong.

The difference between the top 5 or 6 schools this year is minute, there arent two 'top' teams like there have been, not even 3 where one definitely gets screwed. There are 5 or 6 that have a legit claim.

K St is the weakest since they lost at home, Alabama was next weakest IMO until they beat Ga yesterday but that win didnt show me they were better than Ore or Florida.

The preseason poll is still over rated even though it supposedly doesnt count in the BSC. It does to the humans that make up a large part of the BCS now. Alabama was preseason 1 or maybe 2 depending on how people slotted USC, Hell USC had 3 losses and were still ranked, then they lost 2 more games and they couldnt be ranked at that point.

So rankings dont mean shit, until they start using them for seedings.

Florida is the best team in the country this year, but they will not get a chance to 'prove' it. At least with some make believe trophy and title. ND is a clear number 2, unless Alabama beats them, which most people think is a foregone conclusion.

The difference between Ala is they got over rated and thus got a chance to correct their one loss (at home) unlike Oregon, Florida, K St. That and they got their pass into the SEC title game to beat the second best team in the East. And yeah I know Ga beat Florida head to head, but it was a bad game on both sides, and if they played that game 10 times Florida ins it 7 or 8. So it is hard to mix everything together and get it 'right'.

If the Big 12, which is now only the 'Mediocre 10 schools left in the conference' had a championship game then K St could have played Oklahoma and if they beat them maybe strengthened their case somewhat. Alabama at least beat Georgia after they lost, which helps them. But their other 2 wins since that loss (Auburn and Western Carolina) didnt even matter in reality. But I am sure seeing them go 98-0 against those two teams 'impressed' people.

But as it is Its Florida, Notre Dame, Alabama (because they beat Ga), Ore, K St, Stanford, Fla St, as the top 5 or 6 teams. Then to fill out the top 10 South Carolina, Georgia, Okl Ore St or Clemson.

I am usually a 'mid major' guy but the leagues are so screwed up now that these left over teams in these old coferences cant help but win.

Looking at the Big Least, MAC, Big 10 (original), WAC and Sunbelt its a frigging joke, in hoops theyre powerhouses (for now), but in football its a disgrace. Hell the MWC has a better group of teams top to bottom than the Big 10 has. If BYU were still in it it would be even more clear.

It is changing but not nearly enough, because it will still be a popularity contest. If they give 4 teams a chance 3 of them will be from the SEC, if they expand it to 6 or 8 then 5 or 7 SEC schools will get there. Thats how it goes.

Until they force the SEC to schedule LEGITIMATE out of conference opponents then there will really be no way to gauge how decent they really are. But thati snt going to happen either because it doesnt have to.

laxdjock
    Anyone but the SEC.
    laxdjock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

THE Ohio State got the biggest screwing bc of their former sweater-vest wearing coach.
    Oregon is next worst screw job.
    UF...for once, actually got screwed.

wantitall4moi

Oregon lost at home end of argument. The only thing that gives people the excuse to argue that is because Alabama lost at home and still weaseled their way back in.

That should have been the first rule they put in, if you are a one loss team against other one loss teams and you lost at home then they are automatically seeded in front of you.

Teams that lose at home shouldnt be playing for a national championship if there are other teams with the same record as them but lost on the road or a neutral field.

iQon
    iQon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 123

D. The people

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

I believe this year is THE BEST year to argue for a playoff. Fukk that +1 game BS....we need an 8 team playoff.

jarvol
    jarvol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3670

The 4 power conferences need to all get to 16 teams and tell the NCAA to shove it and make their own football rules.

1. You play all 7 opponents in your 8 team division.
    2. You play one opponent from your conference's other division which rotates annually.
    3. You must play at least one opponent from one of the other 3 power conferences which rotates biennially after a home and away 2 game series. This would be to stop a bidding war for one school to schedule a 50 game home contract with a Duke or Washington St.
    4. The 4 conference champions will play a 4 team playoff.
    5. Notre Dame can either get into a conference or go get fukked and play division II.
    6. All TV revenue from individual school or conference networks or national TV deals will get split equally among all 64 teams.

If the powers that be can't figure out how to get to a 16 team playoff like every other college football division then this is the only way to keep a playoff fair and keep teams from scheduling 4 cream puff division II teams every year or throwing conference championship games in order to rest players and prepare for the playoffs.

wantitall4moi

Quote Originally Posted by jarvol View Post
    The 4 power conferences need to all get to 16 teams and tell the NCAA to shove it and make their own football rules.

1. You play all 7 opponents in your 8 team division.
    2. You play one opponent from your conference's other division which rotates annually.
    3. You must play at least one opponent from one of the other 3 power conferences which rotates biennially after a home and away 2 game series. This would be to stop a bidding war for one school to schedule a 50 game home contract with a Duke or Washington St.
    4. The 4 conference champions will play a 4 team playoff.
    5. Notre Dame can either get into a conference or go get fukked and play division II.
    6. All TV revenue from individual school or conference networks or national TV deals will get split equally among all 64 teams.

If the powers that be can't figure out how to get to a 16 team playoff like every other college football division then this is the only way to keep a playoff fair and keep teams from scheduling 4 cream puff division II teams every year or throwing conference championship games in order to rest players and prepare for the playoffs.
    to much money, NCAA is just as corrupt or even more so than the BSC. But the Colleges at least get the money from the BCS without sharing it with the NCAA the way it is set up now.

It always has been and always will be about money.

These schools get tens of millions if not hundreds of millions from this system why do you think it never changed>?

it isnt about 'fairness' or the fans and most definitely not the kids playing the games. Its about how much money they can get out of it.

Thats why the NCAA comes down so hard on football players because it is the one sport they dont completely control the revenue for.

if they did what you suggest the NCAA would have control over it. Thats how it works, thats why the BSC has been investigated a million times, to see how they can do what they do without the NCAA (which is supposed to be an impartial party, but isnt in the slightest) having any authority over it.

jarvol
    jarvol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3670

Quote Originally Posted by wantitall4moi View Post
    if they did what you suggest the NCAA would have control over it. Thats how it works, thats why the BSC has been investigated a million times, to see how they can do what they do without the NCAA (which is supposed to be an impartial party, but isnt in the slightest) having any authority over it.

Read the first sentence dumbass.

"The 4 power conferences need to all get to 16 teams and tell the NCAA to shove it and make their own football rules."

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Quote Originally Posted by wantitall4moi View Post

Until they force the SEC to schedule LEGITIMATE out of conference opponents then there will really be no way to gauge how decent they really are. But thati snt going to happen either because it doesnt have to.
    You mean like Georgia Tech, Michigan, Florida state, Clemson, Washington, West Virginia, Syracuse, Texas, NC State, Rutgers and Northwestern? Cause the SEC played all of those teams. Everyone schedules cupcakes because there's too much money for the local economy and universities in home games. Oregon played Tennessee tech, Kansas state played Missouri state, Oklahoma played FAMU, Ohio state plays the big 10 every year...everyone plays cupcakes, it's not just the SEC.

wantitall4moi

Quote Originally Posted by jarvol View Post
    Read the first sentence dumbass.

"The 4 power conferences need to all get to 16 teams and tell the NCAA to shove it and make their own football rules."
    They cant tell them to shove it thats the point. NCAA controls everything COLLEGIATE related to sports. Except for some reason the BCS. The BCS has some sort of exemption, not sure what it is I dont study the BCS. I just know that NCAA controls it all, and they get the money and distribute it as they see fit. Thats why schools still have womens field hockey and cross country running.

You really think any of those schools give a shit? They are there perpetually these guys are there for 2 years usually and at most 4. A championship doesnt mean much past the moment. Not nearly as much money as they can make as is.

As for the post above and the teams listed, the only one there any good is Florida St, and usualy Texas they have been off this year. And Florida plays Free Shoes U every year, and I said Fla was the best school in the country this year. Ga tech? Michigan? Rutgers? Northwestern? Are you frigging kidding, I said LEGIT teams. At least pretend, they dont even pretend. Alabama's out of conference schedule this year....Michigan at home first game, Western Kentucky(H), FAU(H), @ Missouri (that game must have been scheduled a decade ago) and Western Carolina at home. The game they lost would have never happened had Tex A&M not switched to the SEC.

I know the SEC loves to use the excuse that they schedule easy teams because they beat up on each other, but thats a self fulfilling prophecy. There arent always really good schools in the SEC, they just get hyped and creative scheduling makes them look better than they are. Had Florida and Ala played each other this year then we would know, but they had Alabama with an easy Schedule and Fla with a pretty difficult one. Florida did better than expected I am sure. But thats how it goes. SEC makes sure they have at least 2 teams in it every year with teh way they schedule games, this year there happened t be 3, but since Georgia beat Florida it was ther 'out' clause. But since it was such a sloppy game it didnt really 'prove' anything. Florida was a DD fav in that game, so it isnt like everyone didnt know they were the better team.

wantitall4moi

To add one more point, Alabama only played 4 road games all season, how the hell does that happen? The only game they scheduled that was an even remote challenge was at LSU, and they should have lost that but Les Miles is one of the worst coaches in college sports.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by allabout the $$$ View Post
    oregon, hands down were a top5 team most of the year lost 1 game, blew everyone out of the water who they played except stanford. i still think oregon is the best team and with the young talent they have they should win a national championship very soon
    so in other words, just like almost every other year for oregon?

they look great against the shit teams but when a good team slows them down they always struggle

allabout the $$$
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    so in other words, just like almost every other year for oregon?

they look great against the shit teams but when a good team slows them down they always struggle
    yes just like every other year but they did have a freshman qb this year. they played good against everyone they played, they lost to a top 15 team in stanford and that game did go to overtime

i mean usc played well against nd do you think oregon wouldnt have smashed nd?

nd almost lost to pitt i mean cmon oregon didnt come close to losing to anyone on their schedule except the team they did lose to

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by allabout the $$$ View Post
    yes just like every other year but they did have a freshman qb this year. they played good against everyone they played, they lost to a top 15 team in stanford and that game did go to overtime

i mean usc played well against nd do you think oregon wouldnt have smashed nd?

nd almost lost to pitt i mean cmon oregon didnt come close to losing to anyone on their schedule except the team they did lose to
    i dont get the usc comparison...they scored 51 against oregon

oregon lost at home and didnt really beat any very good teams

notre dame is undefeated so no matter how you cut it youre comparing oregon to alabama if you think they should get in...zero chance they compare with bama

allabout the $$$
    Update your status

notre dame is undefeated so no matter how you cut it youre comparing oregon to alabama if you think they should get in...zero chance they compare with bama
    we can agree to disagree on this

zero chance they compare with bama?
    bama should have lost last night

what game would you as a fan rather see

bama vs oregon

nd vs bama

wantitall4moi

some comparison. alabama shouldnt really be playing in the championship game. But niether should Oregon.

florida has a better claim than both of them.

Alabama has one of the biggest jokes of a schedule I haveever seen. I didnt know how bad it was until I looked at it.

2012 Schedule Buy Alabama Tickets
    DATE OPPONENT TIME/RESULT TV
    Sep 1 Michigan Won 41-14 ABC
    Sep 8 W. Kentucky Won 35-0 ESPN - Gameplan
    Sep 15 @Arkansas Won 52-0 CBS
    Sep 22 FAU Won 40-7 ESPN - Gameplan
    Sep 29 Mississippi Won 33-14 ESPN
    Oct 13 @Missouri Won 42-10 CBS
    Oct 20 @Tennessee Won 44-13 ESPN
    Oct 27 Mississippi St. Won 38-7 ESPN
    Nov 3 @LSU Won 21-17 CBS
    Nov 10 Texas A&M Lost 24-29 CBS
    Nov 17 Western Carolina Won 49-0 ESPN - Gameplan
    Nov 24 Auburn Won 49-0 CBS
    Dec 1 @Georgia Won 32-28 CBS

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Wait until you see Alabamas schedule next year.

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-13/s...l-schedule.php

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

It's funny, we have these conversations every year about schedule strength. Let me clue you guys in on something. The BCS schools have no incentive to schedule difficult games, especially difficult road games, to jeopardize their bowl position. There is too much money involved for programs to lose by playing difficult games. That's why you see basically every team schedule cupcake games. Couple that with the small sample size of games, you get this every year.

And more importantly, you guys are gamblers. Worry about the lines. Leave the "sports talk" to fans and media and people who mindlessly care about such things. You guys should be focusing on the betting lines, handicapping games with one another, and offering line projections. DO NOT worry about who is getting screwed by the BCS. Not worth it at all. Too much work to do.

wantitall4moi

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Wait until you see Alabamas schedule next year.

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-13/s...l-schedule.php
    LMAO thats even better.

I love how the SEC is considered a power conference but they have about as many really tough schools as any other 'old' conference had. Then they make sure those top 3 or 4 teams dont face each other.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1710

Florida

Computers > People

dmtrader
    dmtrader's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2107

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyBear View Post
    And more importantly, you guys are gamblers. Worry about the lines. Leave the "sports talk" to fans and media and people who mindlessly care about such things. You guys should be focusing on the betting lines, handicapping games with one another, and offering line projections. DO NOT worry about who is getting screwed by the BCS. Not worth it at all. Too much work to do.
    If this is the way you think, why are you bothering to waste your time and effort responding to a thread like this? Some people on here are sports fans as well as gamblers.

As for the question at hand - wait until they 4 team playoff dictated by a selection committee comes into play. Then you'll REALLY see debate and frustration.

wantitall4moi

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Florida

Computers > People
    If computers really did it then Florida would be in over Alabama, or would at least have a higher rating than Alabama does. even with the Alabama win yesterday. Florida's loss isnt as bad as Alabama's loss, at least in a 'mathematical' way. Alabama wins arent nearly as good as Florida wins either. Not even close.

People put Alabama in that position not computers.