iifold
    Update your status
    iifold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1774

So why did UCLA spike the ball with 47 seconds left???

Kaabee
    Kaabee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

i was thinking same thing while watching. since you only need fg you have plenty of time.

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 273617

cause that coaching staff is clueless..

Popcorn Trick
    Popcorn Trick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 540

Mora Jr was still rattled by that touchdown on 3rd and long by stan....Really, that receiver should have taken that upfield and not ran straight out of bounds on that 2nd down catch. I know it is hard to coach up the subtleties, but it was worth the risk, with that scenario.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: trytrytry

Dirty Bay Player
    Dirty Bay Player's Avatar Become A Pro!

I had UCLA +9, and that was already in hand, so it didn't affect my bet, BUT ...

As soon as he spiked that, I though - WHY? Stanford's d was tight enough in the 2h that it was hard to get a first down. You can spike the ball when you're playing Baylor or Colorado and you know that 1/2 of your plays are going to be for 8 and 12 yards. But UCLA just needed a single first down in that situation. That was a very poor decision.

But what cost them the game was that pick to the house in the 1h. Had that not happened, they were likely to score on that drive. Would have been up at least 10 going into the half, and instead went in down 3. That completely changed the overall outcome of the game.

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

Same reason stanford threw the ball on 3rd and 9. Poor coaching.

Popcorn Trick
    Popcorn Trick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 540

2 other things: I guess you have to go for the fg there, but was thinking they should have gone for it the whole time. Seems like a lot of teams pick up the 4 yards in those situations. I know the kicker is good, but it is still a college kicker in wet conditions.

Also, I loved the announcer calling the fg kick. "Good snap, good hold." Fox had a good live, close-up, shot of the the snap and hold which were both pretty poor.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Cause they can

Cause they will

Case closed