No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

How do you approach these "overlapping" Saturdays?

Some big college football games, always NBA, and the college basketball slate is absolutely monstrous. Pretty soon, the NFL will be in the mix as well. Do you try and juggle them all? Scale back? Completely ignore certain sports? I always get spread thin and tend to run hot in one sport but give it all back in another. The college basketball schedule on Saturday can be pretty overwhelming when you're still plugged into the football circuit.

rfr3sh
    Blind Knucklehead
    rfr3sh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 604

I only bet one game at a time usually if you bet all of them you will be physically mentally emotionally drained at the end of the day and probably end up 50% so it's all for nothing

stuntin909
    stuntin909's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 200

MLS Cup LA Galaxy to win is all you need to bet on Saturday.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by rfr3sh View Post
    I only bet one game at a time usually if you bet all of them you will be physically mentally emotionally drained at the end of the day and probably end up 50% so it's all for nothing
    That's typically how it goes for me. Just hard to ignore all of the games. Feel like a kid in a candy store before kickoff/tipoff. Then, like you said, I'm ususally drained and lucky to be even by around 6.

rfr3sh
    Blind Knucklehead

I used to do that to but I hated it so I stopped, it's especially harder when you are debating between some games and the one you pick loses bug all others win but honestly its not worth the headache having so much of your bank roll in play... It usually starts out all your bets are winning at half time then 2H most of the teams collapse and you are down juice

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

i fade paco

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

College football is where I am running the best and seem to have a clue, so I start there. Then I go to college basketball (my next best chance at money), if I still feel like looking I'll go look at other sports.

Start where you are strong, stop when you think you should, only you know when those moments are.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

I used to do that to but I hated it so I stopped, it's especially harder when you are debating between some games and the one you pick loses bug all others win but honestly its not worth the headache having so much of your bank roll in play... It usually starts out all your bets are winning at half time then 2H most of the teams collapse and you are down juice
    You read my mind. Literally word for word.

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Isolate and focus.

rfr3sh
    Blind Knucklehead

Nocoin I may be young but I have lots of experience and learned from my mistakes just try spot betting Saturday see if you have the will power to bet one at a time without chasing and getting upset from the above scenarios you will still get a full days action but feel better at the end of it and have a better chance of being up

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Nocoin I may be young but I have lots of experience and learned from my mistakes just try spot betting Saturday see if you have the will power to bet one at a time without chasing and getting upset from the above scenarios you will still get a full days action but feel better at the end of it and have a better chance of being up
    I'll do my best.

My biggest issue is getting over the mental hurdle of watching a bunch of my leans cash with ease.

rfr3sh
    Blind Knucklehead

Yeah that's tough but think about even if you go say 2-1 3-2 you'd be up more going 1-0

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Yeah that's tough but think about even if you go say 2-1 3-2 you'd be up more going 1-0
    True. But there have been days when I've tried to "isolate" and I'll go 0-1 while my leans are 6-2 or something. I very rarely find myself looking back and saying, "man, it's a good thing I didn't take that one" on a lean. Yet if I do play everything on my plate, I'll have a day exactly as you explained. I know that doesn't make much sense, but it is what it is. I'll either show discipline and have a mediocre or bad day, or play everything I like and have a mediocre/bad day. My problem is more along the lines of when I should scale back or go full throttle. I'm always picking the wrong time for either.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Today, rfr, I had Notre Dame and that was pretty much the only play I needed. Then I added Atlanta and a bunch of NFL plays. Swept through those. Then I took the Heat. Lost by the hook. But then I recouped by taking Golden State and then double dipping with GS 2H and Denver TT under. So cashed all of those.

Now instead of "quitting while I'm ahead", I'll take this run and press my luck with too many plays either Friday or Saturday. Watch. It's not now, after a big day, when I lose control. It's 20 minutes before tip when SBRodds is lighting up like a Christmas tree.

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

Uhh pick some winners? Same as every other betting day

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

When there is football there is nothing else

unluckysob
    unluckysob's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12702

my best sport is nba---you have to develop feel for which night these fuks dont give a shit---

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

5 teamer all in

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

Quote Originally Posted by hawley View Post
    Isolate and focus.
    this

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    5 teamer all in
    This shouldn't be that hard. With so many games on the board, I've always believed that a cross-sport parlay is there for the taking -- at least in theory. I just don't play parlays anymore.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

bet every single game on the board for a unit only

rfr3sh
    Blind Knucklehead

Coin I think your leans that cash stand out more than your leans that didn't cash because you felt like you left money on the table
    its the same as all the bad beats you have to never really remember the "good beats"

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1788

20 straight bets
    15 parlays
    10 teasers
    5 prop bets
    3 future bets

Something like that.

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 273593

this is where years of experinece on the forums on what to read, who to read, when to expect some insight, and how to use that info, and detailed knowlege of your personal books and what they offer, how fast they move, props, is critical... $$$..waste time inefficiently not have a plan and you leave overlays on the table....