C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

Who teams have the best offensive lines in the NFL?

It is difficult to quantify offensive line play and it is very important so I will throw it out there. Everybody likes to bitch that their team's like sucks and that their QB has no time to throw the ball. Well who has a good line?

These teams come to mind.
    San Fran
    Houston
    Saints
    Denver

Maybe Ravens & Tampa?

JayLA
    On to the next one...
    JayLA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1219

Lol best in what pass protection or run blocking??

Denver and Houston are up there. Tampa bay has allowed fewer sacks compared to the rest of the league. New York G is a good one you didn't mention.

it's not too difficult to 'quantify' offensive line play, it's harder to 'quantify' secondary play or route running cause your typical network broadcast doesn't show it.
    Last edited by JayLA; 11-28-12 at 01:37 AM.

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

packers cowboys and eagles duhhhh

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Quote Originally Posted by JayLA View Post

Denver and Houston are up there. Tampa bay has allowed fewer sacks compared to the rest of the league. New York G is a good one you didn't mention.

it's not too difficult to 'quantify' offensive line play, it's harder to 'quantify' secondary play or route running cause your typical network broadcast doesn't show it.
    Where'd you come from? Everything I've ever seen you post has been spot on, and in like the past two days.

Kindred
    Bitcoin=Freedom
    Kindred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 473

Quote Originally Posted by C-Gold View Post
    It is difficult to quantify offensive line play and it is very important so I will throw it out there. Everybody likes to bitch that their team's like sucks and that their QB has no time to throw the ball. Well who has a good line?

These teams come to mind.
    San Fran
    Houston
    Saints
    Denver

Maybe Ravens & Tampa?
    ummm you forgot the patriots. That o line deserves half the credit for Brady's achievements. not just this year

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Quote Originally Posted by Kindred View Post
    ummm you forgot the patriots. That o line deserves half the credit for Brady's achievements. not just this year
    More so in years past than this year, but for the last decade they've been incredible, basically the whole time.

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

these linemen have to go back to taking ballet classes to work on their footwork ... fckn 6'5 and cant slide to cover a de pass rush now adays ... fckn losers

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Texans, Pats, Giants are definitely 1st tier, ahead of the rest of the league.

Next tier is Bucs, Dolphins, Seahawks.

Some underrated lines on bad teams are Bills, Browns and Chiefs.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

From what i've seen i am very impressed with the offensive lines of the

Patriots
    49ers
    Broncos
    Browns
    Buccaneers

TobiasFunke
    Never Nude
    TobiasFunke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 46

I'd say Pats, niners, and giants

4TH AND STUPID
    best NFL capper at SBR
    4TH AND STUPID's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1990

the buffalo bills have an excellent line. probably top 2. ryan fitzpatrick has all day to throw, too bad he cant hit a blimp 2 feet off the ground. and too bad he cant pass more than 20 yards with his ugly arm. otherwise you guys would know the bills are prob the best in terms of the O-line

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

no mention of the redskins?

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1824

Not sure why people keep saying Niners, they horrible in pass protection just good in run blocking.

Dirty Bay Player
    Dirty Bay Player's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Kindred View Post
    No doubt. That dude has the luxury of spending an eternity back there. There are a lot of medicore NFL qbs who would be future HOFers had they been on the Pats during the same stretch.

ny92mike
    ny92mike's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

This is my current offensive line ranking.

Team Magic Rank
    NewEnglandPatriots 1.28 1
    HoustonTexans 1.12 2
    WashingtonRedskins 0.95 3
    NewYorkGiants 0.89 4
    SanFrancisco49ers 0.81 5
    CincinnatiBengals 0.80 6
    BaltimoreRavens 0.73 7
    CarolinaPanthers 0.70 8
    TampaBayBuccaneers 0.65 9
    ChicagoBears 0.64 10
    SeattleSeahawks 0.64 11
    KansasCityChiefs 0.59 12
    DenverBroncos 0.59 13
    DetroitLions 0.52 14
    MiamiDolphins 0.52 15
    NewYorkJets 0.52 16
    TennesseeTitans 0.51 17
    MinnesotaVikings 0.50 18
    PittsburghSteelers 0.48 19
    St.LouisRams 0.46 20
    PhiladelphiaEagles 0.46 21
    AtlantaFalcons 0.46 22
    BuffaloBills 0.44 23
    ClevelandBrowns 0.39 24
    SanDiegoChargers 0.36 25
    NewOrleansSaints 0.36 26
    IndianapolisColts 0.35 27
    DallasCowboys 0.28 28
    OaklandRaiders 0.20 29
    GreenBayPackers 0.15 30
    ArizonaCardinals 0.02 31
    JacksonvilleJaguars 0.00 32

a4u2fear
    TEASE IT
    a4u2fear's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 35459

Quote Originally Posted by 4TH AND STUPID View Post
    the buffalo bills have an excellent line. probably top 2. ryan fitzpatrick has all day to throw, too bad he cant hit a blimp 2 feet off the ground. and too bad he cant pass more than 20 yards with his ugly arm. otherwise you guys would know the bills are prob the best in terms of the O-line
    You didn't mention they have a top 5 run offense with CJ avg over 6.5 yards per carry

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

Quote Originally Posted by JayLA View Post

I disagree on the Giants line. They were last in rushing last year. Eli Manning gets rid of the ball quickly and reads blitzes well so he won't be sacked as much which is actually half the battle. He see's the rush and makes sure everyone is always blocked. Did you see the NFC Championship game he won @ SF last year? It was all ELI as his line was getting blown up. The line is a little better this year but certainly not 1st tier.

I almost mentioned the Patriots line as they were 1st tier the last 3-4 years but this year they aren't as good.

I thought about mentioning the Browns but they are bad at run blocking, but 1st tier in pass blocking IMO.

CJ Spillier is an elite RB this year and running because of himself and not the quality of his line. Same thing with Minnesota and Peterson.
    Redskins offensive line looks better due to RG3 and read option.

a4u2fear
    TEASE IT
    a4u2fear's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 35459

Quote Originally Posted by C-Gold View Post
    I disagree on the Giants line. They were last in rushing last year. Eli Manning gets rid of the ball quickly and reads blitzes well so he won't be sacked as much which is actually half the battle. He see's the rush and makes sure everyone is always blocked. Did you see the NFC Championship game he won @ SF last year? It was all ELI as his line was getting blown up. The line is a little better this year but certainly not 1st tier.

I almost mentioned the Patriots line as they were 1st tier the last 3-4 years but this year they aren't as good.

I thought about mentioning the Browns but they are bad at run blocking, but 1st tier in pass blocking IMO.

CJ Spillier is an elite RB this year and running because of himself and not the quality of his line. Same thing with Minnesota and Peterson.
    Redskins offensive line looks better due to RG3 and read option.
    Explain then why it took 3 years for Spiller to break out. The Bills line is significantly better this year. Sure he's fast, but they create the initial hole and he turns a 6 yd gain into a 45 yd. Also, earlier this year he was avg 9 yds/carry in between the tackles. You don't do that without a good line.