JayLA
    On to the next one...
    JayLA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1219

who are you playing against when you make a bet?

I read someone post that "real gamblers" dont share/post picks because the public Is who youre betting against.
    What can someone on the opposite side actually do to prevent your chances of winning?
    Arent the bookies and their lines the villians?

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

1. the amount of dollars in even action is 1:1 team A player vs. team B player with the house raking 10% of the losing team's action

2. any delta of uneven action dollars is 1:1 winning player vs. house (or 1.1:1 house vs. losing player)

i.e. using tonight's game as an example, let's say carolina received 65% of action dollars and eagles 35%:

1. this would mean 70% of all action was player vs. player with the house raking 10% of all eagles' dollars (i.e. 3.5% of all action dollars)

2. while 30% of all action was carolina players taking house money

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32291

Quote Originally Posted by JayLA View Post
    I read someone post that "real gamblers" dont share/post picks because the public Is who youre betting against.

Bullshit.
    I'm betting against the number, I don't care what Joe Lunchbox is betting and what number he got.
    I bet baseball, if I can get +140 on a game I think should be -110, I'm on it. If Joe Lunchbox gets it at + 135 or +145, doesn't effect my wager one bit. Once I lock in my wager, it's locked in, what other bettors do from there is out of my hands.

daimoshokage
    daimoshokage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Bullshit.
    I'm betting against the number, I don't care what Joe Lunchbox is betting and what number he got.
    I bet baseball, if I can get +140 on a game I think should be -110, I'm on it. If Joe Lunchbox gets it at + 135 or +145, doesn't effect my wager one bit. Once I lock in my wager, it's locked in, what other bettors do from there is out of my hands.
    will you stfu nash.. you're a fukking hamburger.. you don't have a say on this as you are a fukking bum..

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by daimoshokage View Post
    will you stfu nash.. you're a fukking hamburger.. you don't have a say on this as you are a fukking bum..
    Turn pro then you can talk smack to me you broke back dik fuk.

You need a two hundy dollar loan?

dj_destroyer
    I'm +EV
    dj_destroyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 383

Bullshit.
    Disagree.

I cringe when the number goes against me.

However, as I'm getting more well-versed in betting and fining the true line, numbers going against me just become larger plays.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by dj_destroyer View Post
    Disagree.

I cringe when the number goes against me.

However, as I'm getting more well-versed in betting and fining the true line, numbers going against me just become larger plays.
    You have no control over which way the number goes after you lock in your wager.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

I believe that "Fading the public" is profitable in the long run.

If too many public gamblers follow a gambler who is good at fading the public.
    Then it wouldn't be fading the public any more if the public is following the same bets.

JayLA
    On to the next one...

Quote Originally Posted by paranoyd androyd View Post
    1. the amount of dollars in even action is 1:1 team A player vs. team B player with the house raking 10% of the losing team's action

2. any delta of uneven action dollars is 1:1 winning player vs. house (or 1.1:1 house vs. losing player)

i.e. using tonight's game as an example, let's say carolina received 65% of action dollars and eagles 35%:

1. this would mean 70% of all action was player vs. player with the house raking 10% of all eagles' dollars (i.e. 3.5% of all action dollars)

2. while 30% of all action was carolina players taking house money
    Appreciate the input.
    I think I understand the concept of vig and "my money, verses their money." If you win, youre winning cash the other side wagered.
    I meant more of "a villian".....who are you playing against? And I think stevenash expressed it perfectly. Youre playing against the (closing) line. And after u make ur bet, youre playing against probability and chance. Not "the public" or "sharp money"

Bullshit.
    Exactly.

JayLA
    On to the next one...

Quote Originally Posted by GunShard View Post
    I believe that "Fading the public" is profitable in the long run.

If too many public gamblers follow a gambler who is good at fading the public.
    Then it wouldn't be fading the public any more if the public is following the same bets.
    I get it, but auto fading the public isnt the best choice everytime...like I read on here. Posters claiming this % of the money is public so the other side MUST b the right play. I cant agree with that. Sometimes the favorites win. I think Wong wrote that the majority of NFL games are won by the favorites...3 points. Something like that

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by JayLA View Post
    What can someone on the opposite side actually do to prevent your chances of winning?
    Arent the bookies and their lines the villians?
    I've never known any big gambler who has a problem sharing their bets. But they'll only share them after they and/or their team have got down the amount of cash they want at that number - you don't see or hear them talking about bets before they play themselves. Chance of you getting that same number is often slim of course but they couldn't care less if you tail them and take the same bet after as it has no effect on their cash. *At least not the people I know. Maybe it's different for others.