mrd694
    mrd694's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Tell me all you know about totals

How are totals made? any place I can find statistics from years past? Any tips or pointers? What does public prefer overs or unders?

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

I love betting totals. Totals are real fun to bet. My mother also likes betting totals. My father has been betting totals forever. I don't know anybody who's better at betting totals than my uncle. If you don't like betting totals you don't know what you're missing. I have to go now. A total is calling me.

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

Rigged

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

Bookies look at every statistic on scores for each team. So basically is you use logic on totals ur screwed.

moocow24
    moocow24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

I have wondered this too.

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

I'm pretty sure the majority of recreational bettors prefer overs, but I have no data to verify this with any certainty.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Most SQs will bet OVERS most of the time

However... It is NOT Sharp to bet UNDERS just for unders sake

Stelio Kontos
    Stelio Kontos's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

40.5 is the average for games in past 20 years.....

JayLA
    On to the next one...
    JayLA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1219

'Sharp sports betting' by stephen wong has a good chapter about NFL totals with very useful tables.

I assume vegas line makers have a very complicated system in which they predict the total points each team will score.

Totals are fun to play cause youre only wagering on points, not who wins and loses. Ive heard totals are easier but I dont understand how. If u have a model built thats accurate at predicting points, I get it but.........

Poster 2dabank absolutely kills NFL team totals. Dont know if he uses stats, models, "feelings" or what but to predict Arizona TT under 18 and the outcome be 17? Wtf. Lol

captrobey
    captrobey's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10740

I love betting the Overs but once in a blue moon if the numbers are heavily with it i will bet the Under. Overs i like better because you can have the win before the end of the game-a few i have had before Halftime. But the Under is never a done deal until the end of the game in most cases. Especially college with the way OT is. Of course there is nothing more frustrating when you bet an Over and you score a Ton of points first Half needing maybe 4 More points 2nd Half then all they get is a FG all 2nd Half.I would rather lose by 20 points then that crap happening.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Totals will drive you crazy, I like to keep a bit of my sanity and stay away.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Mikeyanks23

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

before you look at the vegas spreads, write down what you think is too low and too high a number

In the NFL play anything 7+ points off

NCAA 10 pts off.

you can do the same with basketball

Also know key numbers in football like 45, 48, 49 etc etc