InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    I'm talking about this play today.

All TD's are reviewed. They should of reviewed it like normal, and tack on the 15 yard penalty after.

To have points on the board that shouldn't be there, is fuking terrible.
    Understand. Like I said this play probably wasn't thought about when making that rule. It might be changed but regardless there's a loophole for a lot of rules.

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

I don't understand what the point is in penalizing the team at all for doing that. Where is the harm in throwing the flag in that situation?

brainfreeze0
    brainfreeze0's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 962

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    I don't understand what the point is in penalizing the team at all for doing that. Where is the harm in throwing the flag in that situation?

Thats how I see it. If anything let the challenge happen even if it would have and charge them a timeout if theyre wrong

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

The "Bogus" TD highlight has been taken down on NFL.com

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    I guess the 5 seconds it takes for someone to go pick up the flag is delaying the game already delayed by reviewing every play except ones that are important. The NFL is becoming a pussy league run by morons.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    Understand. Like I said this play probably wasn't thought about when making that rule. It might be changed but regardless there's a loophole for a lot of rules.
    this rule isn't with unreviewable plays

it only comes up when something that is automatically reviewed by the booth (a score or turnover) is challenged by the coach.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

OT enjoy

Naz18
    Naz18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1940

Nobody has mentioned the head coaches race...if it was a black coach his race would of been mention a numerous amount of times....

ZetaPsi808
    July 2011 Poster of the Month
    ZetaPsi808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1982

lions are a fukkin joke

jim swarztch
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: opie1988

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Covered the +3.5 but shoulda cashed ml also

ZetaPsi808
    July 2011 Poster of the Month
    ZetaPsi808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1982

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    Covered the +3.5 but shoulda cashed ml also

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 420

I would like to congratulate Justin Forsett and Jim Schwartz on the longest run from scrimmage in Texan history.

Rich Boy
    Rich Boy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1106

Maybe Schwartz had Forsett on his fantasy team

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Quote Originally Posted by ZetaPsi808 View Post
    lions are a fukkin joke

jim swarztch
    One of the leagues worst, along with the Cowboys and jags.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

Ambition
    The Professor
    Ambition's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2452

It's really a dumb rule. Yes, he should know the rule but, I feel like just because he throws the flag shouldn't make the play unreviewable, the Lions should lose a timeout or something. That was obviously the game changing play which gave Houston the win but, come on with that rule. Honestly really really stupid and would be shocked if that rule is still in the NFL next year or at least modified to where the play can still be reviewed.
    Points Awarded:

paco gave Ambition 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

opie1988

Quote Originally Posted by Ambition View Post
    It's really a dumb rule. Yes, he should know the rule but, I feel like just because he throws the flag shouldn't make the play unreviewable, the Lions should lose a timeout or something. That was obviously the game changing play which gave Houston the win but, come on with that rule. Honestly really really stupid and would be shocked if that rule is still in the NFL next year or at least modified to where the play can still be reviewed.
    Understandable, but for now it is a rule. Coaches have to know that. Period.

Not that it really matters, as Lions are fighting with Cowboys and Jags for overall #1 pick.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011
    doublej95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

whats the point of even having red flags to challenge plays anymore. almost every fukking play is looked at now. the two challenges a game made it more interesting. the NFL will rule and police their game to death just like Nascar has done.

Ambition
    The Professor
    Ambition's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2452

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    Understandable, but for now it is a rule. Coaches have to know that. Period.

Not that it really matters, as Lions are fighting with Cowboys and Jags for overall #1 pick.
    But, this is the first year of the rule. All the coaches are so used to throwing the flag in that situation and if they do you give them the worst consequence ever!? Making the play non-reviewable. To me it's unfair and something so harmless of an act to throw the flag that they shouldn't be given such a harsh penalty with a 15 yard penalty and the play can't be reviewed. IMO, the punishment doesn't match the crime.

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

Just sick of refs being so critical in deciding who wins the games. All these camera angles, challenge flags, booth officials, and it's still numbskulls blowing or not blowing their whistle and then nothing can be done about it because it's in the rules

They need a master official that can call in and override bullshit to preserve the integrity of the game

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

Coaches have to know that. Period.
    I'm sure many didn't know the review would be voided, but I'm sure they wrote it down on their play cards.

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

What would happen if on that play HOU threw the challenge flag? Would they not review the play for DET because a challenge flag was thrown? Would be fukking awesome if someone did it.
    Points Awarded:

face gave keyboarding 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

Quote Originally Posted by keyboarding View Post
    What would happen if on that play HOU threw the challenge flag? Would they not review the play for DET because a challenge flag was thrown? Would be fukking awesome if someone did it.

this is the question I'd like to see answered

from all the "its a rule in black and white, shwartz should know it"

a savy belichek coach could do something like that, and if there are not actual rules written to prevent a team from making a scoring play unreviewable by throwing a flag even if it is in their favor, the refs would have to make up a ruling on the fly.

opie1988

If that penalty was called on the scoring team, the 15 yards would be penalized from the last spot of the ball, prior to scoring. Therefore negating the touchdown.

So I don't think that would be all that smart of a move.....

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

opie1988

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    this is the question I'd like to see answered

from all the "its a rule in black and white, shwartz should know it"

a savy belichek coach could do something like that, and if there are not actual rules written to prevent a team from making a scoring play unreviewable by throwing a flag even if it is in their favor, the refs would have to make up a ruling on the fly.
    Bi-Arch.....this is the NFL, not one of your GayLive peace music festivals. While this rule may need to be reviewed in the offseason, as of now its in the rule book.

It is what it is.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

The announcers addressed this. They said you can't benefit from the replay if you threw the challenge flag. So if Houston would've thrown it, it would've been reviewed and overturned....because the person who threw the flag would not be benefitting from the challenge.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9788

yes bad call, but lions couldnt stop houston, houston came back, converted a 4th down, went 97 yards and deserve the win.
    Houston still could of scored that drive. Sue should of had a couple penalties himself

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011
    doublej95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    yes bad call, but lions couldnt stop houston, houston came back, converted a 4th down, went 97 yards and deserve the win.
    Houston still could of scored that drive. Sue should of had a couple penalties himself
    they also could have been stopped on that drive it would have been 3 down and 3.

wrongturn
    Update your status
    wrongturn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3726

If that penalty was called on the scoring team, the 15 yards would be penalized from the last spot of the ball, prior to scoring. Therefore negating the touchdown.

So I don't think that would be all that smart of a move.....
    Are you sure with this one? The action triggering penalty came after the play completed, so the 15 yards penalty should be enforced in the next play, right?

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22604

Quote Originally Posted by OldHickory View Post
    shwartz needs to get fukkin fired..what a clown...

what a stupid fukkin rule though !
    Yup!

mngambler
    mngambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3057

Kitties season is toast, if the Vikes can scrap out a win this weekend the NFC North will get real interesting

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

Quote Originally Posted by wrongturn View Post
    Are you sure with this one? The action triggering penalty came after the play completed, so the 15 yards penalty should be enforced in the next play, right?
    This is what I was thinking. I don't believe a flag can be applied retroactively.

TexansFan
    TexansFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

This same call just happened last week in the Atlanta game. If a coach doesn't know the rule after the same damn thing happened four days ago, and after it was all over ESPN, and all over the NFL Network, then that's too penetrating bad.

Even Schwartz said after the game he knew the rule.

Stupid is as stupid does.

10-1!

ramones951
    ramones951's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 891

Completely defeats the purpose of having video reviews

Robber
    Robber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 92737

Lions got screwed

First 1234 Last