PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star
    PhillyFlyers's Avatar Become A Pro!

How Is Andy Reid Still Employed?

He should be fired immediately.

With 1 minute and 47 seconds left in the game and the Eagles down by 25, LeSean McCoy gets injured and is possibly out for an extended period of time.

A reporter sees Andy after the game...

Question: Andy, why did you leave LeSean in the game?

Answer: We were trying to catch up and win the game.

Question: Really?

Fire this clueless fukk.

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

ownership is going to let him finish the year and he'll be fired the day after. if you think he's bad, the rest of their staff is a flat out disaster. this franchise won't be relevant again for quite some time.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yes they are letting him finish out the season. It's a bust anyway.

4TH AND STUPID
    best NFL capper at SBR
    4TH AND STUPID's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1990

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFlyers View Post
    He should be fired immediately.

With 1 minute and 47 seconds left in the game and the Eagles down by 25, LeSean McCoy gets injured and is possibly out for an extended period of time.

A reporter sees Andy after the game...

Question: Andy, why did you leave LeSean in the game?

Question: Really?

Fire this clueless fukk.

shouldve been fired a year ago. the irony of him using mccoy at the end of the game after being trigger happy for the last 2 years and completely underutilizing mccoy

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

Luria really likes him. They have been together a long time. He is not going to fire him mid season. He will be gone like Paranoyd said the day after. He is a great coach and teams will be lined up to get him. Just ran its course in Philly. He hitched his wagon to Vick which was a big mistake. Making Castillo the D coordinator when he had no experience was also a big mistake.

mwhelan11
    mwhelan11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 95

Maybe Eagles should not have given a 100 million dollar contract to a guy unproven out of prison after missing 2 years in the NFL.... What was the sample size of games. I dislike when people blame coaches, without looking at the players. How many turnovers did Vick cause that were Andy Reid's Fault? Eagles defense has been poor but Vick has been the source of problems along with O line. Is Reid supposed to block for Vick? I understand your angry but look at the situation full circle.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BigDaddy

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3683

Quote Originally Posted by mwhelan11 View Post
    Maybe Eagles should not have given a 100 million dollar contract to a guy unproven out of prison after missing 2 years in the NFL.... What was the sample size of games. I dislike when people blame coaches, without looking at the players. How many turnovers did Vick cause that were Andy Reid's Fault? Eagles defense has been poor but Vick has been the source of problems along with O line. Is Reid supposed to block for Vick? I understand your angry but look at the situation full circle.
    Foles didnt really look any better. Kid looked like a fukkin amateur out there and made the Skins D look like the 85 bears.

mwhelan11

Quote Originally Posted by convick View Post
    Foles didnt really look any better. Kid looked like a fukkin amateur out there and made the Skins D look like the 85 bears.
    I mean I dont think Foles and Vick are supposed to look similar or Foles look better? 3rd round pick in Foles, untested rookie vs. Mike Vick 1st overall pick, two 100 million dollar contracts.

To be honest I would rather Foles than Vince Young who we could write multiple threads about haha.

Like the bears comment haha

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Vick holds onto the ball too long, but that offensive line is banged up and is playing like dog-shit. Just wanted to use the word Vick and dog in the same sentence, I digress.

mwhelan11

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Lou View Post
    Vick holds onto the ball too long, but that offensive line is banged up and is playing like dog-shit. Just wanted to use the word Vick and dog in the same sentence, I digress.
    haha love it

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1724

I'm sure Reid was the one playing defense In that game....... You loved him 5 years ago. You blamed mcnabb. Not Reid's fault.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: mwhelan11

Holtgetsback
    Holtgetsback's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1402

Reid a great coach

"You either die a hero or live long enough to become a villain"

-Albert Einstein

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

They are not going to the playoffs who cares, do you want them to sign a bunch of janitors for the minimum and rest everyone for next year?

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by Itsamazing777 View Post
    I'm sure Reid was the one playing defense In that game....... You loved him 5 years ago. You blamed mcnabb. Not Reid's fault.
    I don't know if you were addressing me or not but I, for one, have never loved Reid.

He completely ignores the running game, something no great coach ever does. If he had his way, he would pass on every down.

He is terrible at time management. He is also one of the worst game-day coaches I have ever seen.

mwhelan11

I don't know if you were addressing me or not but I, for one, have never loved Reid.

He completely ignores the running game, something no great coach ever does. If he had his way, he would pass on every down.

He is terrible at time management. He is also one of the worst game-day coaches I have ever seen.

I can name many teams that ignore the run game... granted they have elite QB's but still.

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1724

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10288

NFL Baby.....Not for long.

letsgo
    letsgo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30330

There is no in house replacement that would be good. Bowles is absolutely terrible, and Marty is the same person as Andy.

TobiasFunke
    Never Nude
    TobiasFunke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 46

Quote Originally Posted by letsgo View Post
    There is no in house replacement that would be good. Bowles is absolutely terrible, and Marty is the same person as Andy.
    Exactly. There is nobody to be a formidable interim coach. Bowles and Marty both have experience as head coach, but as you mentioned they're horrible. ST coach Bobby April also sucks nor does he have experience.

Kindred
    Bitcoin=Freedom
    Kindred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 473

That entire organization is hopeless. Can't wait to hear about their super bowl aspirations again next training camp

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by Kindred View Post
    That entire organization is hopeless. Can't wait to hear about their super bowl aspirations again next training camp
    We're talking at least a 4-5 years rebuild.

We're talking having to draft or acquire a franchise QB.

We're talking having to implement a new coach's scheme and drafting/signing the right players for it.

We're talking about a total franchise rebuild from players/coaches all the way up to management.

dirtyphils
    dirtyphils's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3528

Name:  Reid.JPG
Views: 86
Size:  69.7 KB

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

We're talking at least a 4-5 years rebuild.

We're talking having to draft or acquire a franchise QB.

We're talking having to implement a new coach's scheme and drafting/signing the right players for it.

We're talking about a total franchise rebuild from players/coaches all the way up to management.
    none of this re-structuring can begin at this point in this disastrous season. i get that eagle fans want to see reid fired right now because it'll give them a sense of payback and punishment, but it becomes really ugly if that happens now.

this franchise is in an epic nosedive right now and i think only someone like john gruden could possibly right the ship. even then it would take a while to do so. but he would at least be able to build a solid staff behind him, which is the most important place to start. of course gruden is a long shot with all the other opportunities he can choose from.

needs are.. new Coach, new OC, new DC, new QB, new OL, better LB's and Safeties. that's quite the list. skilled positions and DL are fine.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

I would say his son dying might be playing a factor in Andy Reid still having a job.

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

Andy has done so much for Philly its classless and stupid to fire him at this point..season is long gone no point hiring a new coach

Get ready for year 1 blabber all summer

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

Quote Originally Posted by paranoyd androyd View Post
    none of this re-structuring can begin at this point in this disastrous season. i get that eagle fans want to see reid fired right now because it'll give them a sense of payback and punishment, but it becomes really ugly if that happens now.

this franchise is in an epic nosedive right now and i think only someone like john gruden could possibly right the ship. even then it would take a while to do so. but he would at least be able to build a solid staff behind him, which is the most important place to start. of course gruden is a long shot with all the other opportunities he can choose from.

needs are.. new Coach, new OC, new DC, new QB, new OL, better LB's and Safeties. that's quite the list. skilled positions and DL are fine.
    OL is fine and LBs are fine... Need all new coaching and a franchise qb...

Things can change quick in the NFL... what was indys record just last yr?

obviously there isnt another andrew luck just sitting around, but a franchise qb and a new coaching staff can make the world a difference esp on a team with a lot of talent like this roster has

4TH AND STUPID
    best NFL capper at SBR
    4TH AND STUPID's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1990

Quote Originally Posted by dlunc3 View Post
    OL is fine and LBs are fine... Need all new coaching and a franchise qb...

Things can change quick in the NFL... what was indys record just last yr?

obviously there isnt another andrew luck just sitting around, but a franchise qb and a new coaching staff can make the world a difference esp on a team with a lot of talent like this roster has

OL is fine? what the f*** games have you been watching

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

Quote Originally Posted by 4TH AND STUPID View Post
    OL is fine? what the f*** games have you been watching
    im assuming you know that 4 out of the 5 guys playing right now are not the starters right?

Mathis is pro football focus #1 guard and was #1 last yr too.... Peters was the NFLs #1 tackle last yr before he got hurt... Kelce was projected by many to be a probowl center this yr (obviously could change once Mudd is gone), Heremans is as solid as they come, and Watkins is a 2nd year 1st round pick that has struggled with injury this yr..

So sure, base your judgement on 5 backups... but guys come back from injury all the time.. Will they? Who knows... but you really wanna judge this line off of watching 4 backup linemen?

If healthy, and sure, its a big if right now... but if healthy like they are all projected to be next yr, the OL is definately not a weakness on this team.