RonPaul2008
    Update your status
    RonPaul2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 243569

When does the Pinnacle IP Block Begin?

I was relieved this morning that it is not blocked yet. Is this happening tonight?

unclebuzz1
    unclebuzz1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2502

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaul2008 View Post
    I was relieved this morning that it is not blocked yet. Is this happening tonight?
    Don't ask! Don't tell!! Be happy until ... !!!
    Last edited by unclebuzz1; 11-19-12 at 11:25 PM.

LVHerbie
    LVHerbie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1965

I haven't been following this the last couple days but when I try and log into my bogus account this morning that I use to view things it just loops back to the main sign in page...

patswin
    patswin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10189

just tried to log into my old acct and got this message

We have detected that you have logged in from a jurisdiction that prohibits pinnacle Sports from accepting bets. We are therefore obliged to block access to your account.

unclebuzz1
    unclebuzz1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2502

Unfortunately, yes.

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

America - land of the free, home of the brave.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

I have a VPN. Just logged in and placed a bet just fine!

RonPaul2008
    Update your status

I tried logging in with something called expat shield and it detected that I was logging in from a banned place.

Is there anything ready available for free online that will work? I am going to set up a good paid vpn but it hasn't happened yet. Help!

rsigley
    rsigley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 180

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

We spoke with mgt earlier today. You're still able to view the site for informational purposes, but system log ins will be prevented. This will ensure that there's not even the opportunity for a US-based user to attempt to bypass their safety net.

Fortunately, those of you that like to observe Pinnacle's offerings to compare against other books can still do so logged out ... and there's always SBR Odds for the blinking updates.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: RudyRuetigger

goblue12
    goblue12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 453

But you can't view their drop downs as an American. Which is EVERYTHING for soccer bettors.

Especially when it's at -0.25 or -0.75 and trying to determine the value of -0.5, -1, etc.

The best alternative is an odds website who has delayed lines.

Rod_M
    Rod_M's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3329

Quote Originally Posted by MUHerd37 View Post
    I have a VPN. Just logged in and placed a bet just fine!
    I tried logging in with something called expat shield and it detected that I was logging in from a banned place.

Is there anything ready available for free online that will work? I am going to set up a good paid vpn but it hasn't happened yet. Help!
    For whatever reasons, either privacy, security, paranoia, etc, everyone should have a reliable VPN service on their monthly bills.

dj_destroyer
    I'm +EV
    dj_destroyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 383

Quote Originally Posted by goblue12 View Post
    But you can't view their drop downs as an American. Which is EVERYTHING for soccer bettors.

Especially when it's at -0.25 or -0.75 and trying to determine the value of -0.5, -1, etc.

The best alternative is an odds website who has delayed lines.
    Feels good to be Canadian because you're right, Pinny's drop down menus are everything for comparing value.

leafs_ducks
    leafs_ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4849

Wat does this mean? Should I be worry?

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 273413

Quote Originally Posted by Rod_M View Post
    For whatever reasons, either privacy, security, paranoia, etc, everyone should have a reliable VPN service on their monthly bills.
    waht does this even mean? hos do you go about buying a service like this?

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Rod_M View Post
    Yes

mmaed
    mmaed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5003

What VPN services are reliable?

Keith Richard
    alive and well
    Keith Richard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4411

I just tried logging in and no blocks for me yet.

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

Could you just use TOR or would that not work?

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.

http://hidemyass.com/vpn/
    http://www.ipvanish.com/
    http://www.strongvpn.com/

I use VyprVPN myself because I get it with my giganews account.

RonPaul2008
    Update your status

http://hidemyass.com/vpn/
    http://www.ipvanish.com/
    http://www.strongvpn.com/

I use VyprVPN myself because I get it with my giganews account.
    Does VyprVPN provide a secure https connection? Is it fast? I see there isn't a server in canada. Are they all fast? Do you get your own vps or how does that work?

Can you have one browser window (better yet tab) be vpn'ed and another not?

Also, do you get your own unique IP address or can someone else use the same IP when you aren't using it?

But mostly, is it fast.... I know it's better to be as close to the server as possible and they don't have a canadian server... which country available there works best?
    Last edited by RonPaul2008; 11-20-12 at 10:41 PM.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.

VyprVPN uses PPTP, L2TP/IPSec, and OpenVPN. These vary from 128-156 bit encryption. One great thing is that they have a program that you can install in windows and you can just click on it and choose the settings and connect/disconnect to the VPN. You can choose which type of VPN you want to use right then, and which country server you want to connect to, along with some other settings. You can also use their VPN on your iphone, ipad, android phones, and others. VyprVPN is extremely fast. I can connect to the VPN and my internet speed doesn't drop at all. I can DL at 1.7 which is my full internet speed. Streaming video is also just as fast. They currently have servers in DC, LA, Austin, Amsterdam, London, Paris, Frankfurt, and Hong Kong. You don't have your own assigned IP address. It just gives you an address by which server you connect to at the time. When you connect to the VPN computer's internet connection goes to the VPN so everything go through the VPN when you are connected. You can't do it tab by tab. You can also set up their VPN at the router level if you router supports it, but you won't need that if you are just getting lines. I love VyprVPN myself. It's fast as shit, convenient, and reliable. I have never seen it not be able to connect to any server. I mainly use London and DC and have never had a problem. Great for secure surfing and downloading from torrent sites if you need to.

princecharles
    princecharles's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hmmmm
    The better part of discretionary smarts is silence.

RonPaul2008
    Update your status

VyprVPN doesn't seem to be working for me. I used london and created a new account, but then when trying to log it it just has a blank white page. I tried it in 3 browsers. Why are all the IP's the same except for the ending? I think these are blacklisted because I did a search and some with the same beginnings were listed somewhere are blacklisted. What a let down! I guess I will have to take advantage of the free trial cancellation period. I spent all night on this. I need pinny!!! I wanted something that I could use right away. Better option is going to have a friend set up a program on a dedicated vps server that you can rent in canada or whatever. This way you get your own IP address and it can't be on any blacklist. Anyone up with some insight into what service I can use tonight that isn't blacklisted?
    Last edited by RonPaul2008; 11-21-12 at 04:32 AM.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

for 9.99 month surf from London

http://proxpn.com/

sportsbetwin
    sportsbetwin's Avatar Become A Pro!

cala56
    cala56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5810

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post

nice solution

NobodyUKnow
    NobodyUKnow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1394

ProXPN is excellent. Have used them for several years with no problems at all.

Do you not use hidemyass as those losers will gladly give out your personal information to any authority who simply asks, which defeats a lot of the reasons why you use a VPN in the first place.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Not sure how long proxpn will work...

The best 100% sure-fire way is a remotePC type setup but you have to have a family member or trusting friend in Mex or Canada who will to let you remotely use their computer
    Points Awarded:

19th Hole gave Sam Odom 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9589

The best 100% sure-fire way is a remotePC type setup but you have to have a family member or trusting friend in Mex or Canada who will to let you remotely use their computer
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sam Odom is sharp as a tack.

BetterBizness
    My chicks!
    BetterBizness's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7638

Or get such person to buy that Canadian a $259 puter - complete with gotomypc, and never even have to worry about compromising your own computer.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.

VyprVPN doesn't seem to be working for me. I used london and created a new account, but then when trying to log it it just has a blank white page. I tried it in 3 browsers. Why are all the IP's the same except for the ending? I think these are blacklisted because I did a search and some with the same beginnings were listed somewhere are blacklisted. What a let down! I guess I will have to take advantage of the free trial cancellation period. I spent all night on this. I need pinny!!! I wanted something that I could use right away. Better option is going to have a friend set up a program on a dedicated vps server that you can rent in canada or whatever. This way you get your own IP address and it can't be on any blacklist. Anyone up with some insight into what service I can use tonight that isn't blacklisted?
    You aren't doing it right then. Nothing is blacklisted. I just logged in to Pinny from my London VPN a second ago. Logged in with PC and iPad. You aren't doing something right.

RonPaul2008
    Update your status

RonPaul2008
    Update your status

You aren't doing it right then. Nothing is blacklisted. I just logged in to Pinny from my London VPN a second ago. Logged in with PC and iPad. You aren't doing something right.
    Is it possible something about my browser or pc is allowing pinnacle to see something? I would be soooo happy if this would have worked for me right away.

allin1
    Update your status
    allin1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Is it possible something about my browser or pc is allowing pinnacle to see something? I would be soooo happy if this would have worked for me right away.
    Have you tried deleting cookies?

12 Last