Mantle7
    Death Stare
    Mantle7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 73

Quote Originally Posted by Rubber Guard View Post
    You said he cuts from 225. He doesn't. He enters camp as a slob fat man. Fighters don't cut water weight until fight week.

He doesn't cut from 225. Again, you are a moron for thinking he does and must have zero clue how this all works.
    Do you know who Erik Paulson is?

Rubber Guard
    Rubber Guard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5152

Quote Originally Posted by Mantle7 View Post
    Well BEFORE last night Silva said he did not want to fight Jones but he does want to fight GSP. It's simple as that. Why call out the smaller of the two champions? It's not a matter of timing. Mega fights have no bearing on time.
    Because it would be harder to drop to 178 again if he bulked up for a Bones fight.

Again did you totally miss the part where Bones said he doesn't want to fight Anderson?

Why are you protecting GSP like a mother?

Mantle7
    Death Stare

Check it out... Trust me I know plenty of pro fighters but I don't want to get into that right now. From the time a fighter enters camp till the day he fights hes losing weight and cutting. Rampage entered camp at 260 when he was done with the A Team movie. I know the difference between cutting water weight and getting down to fight weight. Anderson comes to camp 220 to 230

Mantle7
    Death Stare

Because it would be harder to drop to 178 again if he bulked up for a Bones fight.

Again did you totally miss the part where Bones said he doesn't want to fight Anderson?

Why are you protecting GSP like a mother?
    Come on, that's a stretch. Be honest you just made that shut up. It makes sense to you but don't lie... You made that up

Mantle7
    Death Stare

I think Silva would knock GSP the Fukk out. Im not a GSP fanboy if you think that's what this is.

Rubber Guard

Check it out... Trust me I know plenty of pro fighters but I don't want to get into that right now. From the time a fighter enters camp till the day he fights hes losing weight and cutting. Rampage entered camp at 260 when he was done with the A Team movie. I know the difference between cutting water weight and getting down to fight weight. Anderson comes to camp 220 to 230
    Because he is fat. GSP could fight at 185 and look thick if he let himself get fat like Anderson does when he fights at 205. Anderson is soft as hell when he fights at 205.

Bottom line is Anderson has moved weight plenty of times. Anderson makes 185 with ease where as guys like Hendo and Chael moved up because they were starting to have tough weight cuts. Anderson not only makes 185 easy. He was looking to go to 180.

In my opinion Bones is just as big compared to Anderson as Anderson is compared to GSP.

Reach: GSP I see 75 inches everywhere. Anderson I see 77.5 and 78 inches everywhere. Jones I always see 84.5 inches.

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

why doesn't Bones want to fight Silva?

Rubber Guard

I still don't know why you or anyone else refuses to acknowledge that Bones has said in the past just as much as ANderson that he doesn't want that fight. So why is it as if Anderson is some coward...and is the reason that fight isn't booked?

Bones is too busy taking on Anderson's scraps that he already beat at 185.

GSP must be the worst #2 P4P fighter in the history of combat sports. He has been 1 division away from another P4P best and people give him no chance. As if he is a mid-tier WW. Anderson doesn't even use size. Does he Randy people against the cage? Does he lay on people? He punches people in the face and his reach isn't as big as everyone seems to think. GSP could shoot and get knee'd to the face in the first 20 seconds and people would somehow correlate that to a size difference.

GSP is the wrestler that supposedly used to take down a 205er that is one of the best wrestlers in MMA. Anderson's biggest weakness is wrestling. So what is the problem here?

Why can't Silva fight GSP now. Weidman next. Then Bones as a retirement fight? Why is that out of the question? Or should we expect he fights GSP in teh morning. Weidman at lunch. Take a shower, then fight Bones before bed? Why is everyone acting like because he wants to beat GSP now that he won't fight Bones next year?

Rubber Guard

Quote Originally Posted by broadway6 View Post
    why doesn't Bones want to fight Silva?
    He said

"I don't want to be the guy to beat Anderson, and I don't want him to be the guy who beats me"

I'm not sure exactly.

Mantle7
    Death Stare

Like I said... If Anderson and Dana claim that Silva can drop to 170 with "ease" then let's see the fight. GSP literally would have to do it or lose his belt. You said it yourself, he has no problem making weight. Then make 170 and do it.

Mantle7
    Death Stare

He said

"I don't want to be the guy to beat Anderson, and I don't want him to be the guy who beats me"

I'm not sure exactly.

He said it was a "lose, lose" fight for him.Im sure Dana doesn't see it that way.

Rubber Guard

Like I said... If Anderson and Dana claim that Silva can drop to 170 with "ease" then let's see the fight. GSP literally would have to do it or lose his belt. You said it yourself, he has no problem making weight. Then make 170 and do it.
    They never said that. They said he still makes 185 with ease. And is looking for a catchweight.

Hence, isn't that big of a MW.

Mantle7
    Death Stare

They never said that. They said he still makes 185 with ease. And is looking for a catchweight.

Hence, isn't that big of a MW.
    My bad. That's what I meant. He makes
    185 with ease. So if he wants to fight GSP lose a little bit of weight and forego a somewhat harder cut. 185 to 180 is nothing.

Mantle7
    Death Stare

Rubber guards are pointless.

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

Considering that article is from October 14th. And Anderson just said last night that he wants to fight GSP then Bones. I would say you look like the retard.
    these guys are probably 14 years old. I admit I am a huge fan of Silva, because he is an incredible fighter, but I think he could lose either fight with GSP or Jones. I am just amazed that he is willing to step up and take huge fights. People who do not respect him for his talent and willingness to fight are probably 4 foot tall children who never had to fight for anything in their lives. GSP is a bad ass fighter and the fact that silva is willing to fight him is incredibly brave because he could very well lose. I believe Silva would fight Jones, because I think Silva deep down knows he is one of the greatest fighters to ever live. He told his teammates that he would tap sonnen in the first fight, because sonnen said Nog bro's give out BJJ BB's in their happy meals, so Silva tapped sonnen with BJJ. Silva is the babe ruth or Michael Jordan of MMA. He fukin calls his shots against the best fighters in the world and follows through with it. Jones or GSP can't do the things that Silva is capable of. GSP and Jones are excellent fighters, but Silva is on another level. He could lose either fight, but I would never bet against him, because he will pull up for the buzzer beater like MJ and win the damn fight by pulling off a miracle.

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

sounds like Bones doesn't want to get his ass beat.... i love watching bones fight, but he's a little bit of a bitch

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Mantle knows his MMA

FindTheLock

My bad. That's what I meant. He makes
    185 with ease.
    So if he wants to fight GSP lose a little bit of weight and forego a somewhat harder cut. 185 to 180 is nothing.
    You went from him having trouble making 185 to making 185 with ease. Make up your mind little fella.

Mantle7
    Death Stare

Quote Originally Posted by FindTheLock View Post
    these guys are probably 14 years old. I admit I am a huge fan of Silva, because he is an incredible fighter, but I think he could lose either fight with GSP or Jones. I am just amazed that he is willing to step up and take huge fights. People who do not respect him for his talent and willingness to fight are probably 4 foot tall children who never had to fight for anything in their lives. GSP is a bad ass fighter and the fact that silva is willing to fight him is incredibly brave because he could very well lose. I believe Silva would fight Jones, because I think Silva deep down knows he is one of the greatest fighters to ever live. He told his teammates that he would tap sonnen in the first fight, because sonnen said Nog bro's give out BJJ BB's in their happy meals, so Silva tapped sonnen with BJJ. Silva is the babe ruth or Michael Jordan of MMA. He fukin calls his shots against the best fighters in the world and follows through with it. Jones or GSP can't do the things that Silva is capable of. GSP and Jones are excellent fighters, but Silva is on another level. He could lose either fight, but I would never bet against him, because he will pull up for the buzzer beater like MJ and win the damn fight by pulling off a miracle.
    Holy Fukk... Did you just praise Silva for that armbar he pulled in the 5th round? Yes, it deserves praise but not like you're trying to make it sound. He tapped Sonnen with a fukking miracle sub after getting the shot beat out of him for 5 rounds. You're making it sound as if he tooled him in the first round and subbed him with ease. Do you realize how ridiculous that sounds. Literally nothing you just said made any sense.

Mantle7
    Death Stare

You went from him having trouble making 185 to making 185 with ease. Make up your mind little fella.
    I'm quoting Dana White dipshit. lil fella, huh? Lol. Ok, buddy..

FindTheLock

Holy Fukk... Did you just praise Silva for that armbar he pulled in the 5th round? Yes, it deserves praise but not like you're trying to make it sound. He tapped Sonnen with a fukking miracle sub after getting the shot beat out of him for 5 rounds. You're making it sound as if he tooled him in the first round and subbed him with ease. Do you realize how ridiculous that sounds. Literally nothing you just said made any sense.
    Do you have a single friend in the world? Do you know what it is like to get in a fight? Silva considers the Nog brothers his family. He told them before the fight in the film "like water" that he would tap sonnen. They said no you will knock him out, and he said, "No I will submit him" Silva has a lot of pride, and he did what he said he was going to do, just like babe ruth pointing his bat to the fence and hitting it over the wall. You can call it luck, but that shit happened and Silva called it pre fight.

Mantle7
    Death Stare

The Babe Ruth of MMA... Yah, if Ruth struck out 4 times then hit a home run his 5th at bat that analogy makes sense.

gohabsgo
    gohabsgo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Bottom line is jones would prolly beat silva and silva beat GSP.
    Watched a documentary on GSP on local french tv here in MTL and GSP is the biggest brand in mma business wise.
    He partnered with google, yes google! I am a fan but i honestly think he's got too much to lose getting his ass kicked against silva.
    He's running a multinational business now...Everything is calculated, he's not going to accept a fight on silva's terms.

just my 2 cents

FindTheLock

I'm quoting Dana White dipshit. lil fella, huh? Lol. Ok, buddy..
    Listen man, I am 6'4 240 pounds and I have been in my fare share of fights. I am not trying to be an internet tough guy, but you need to show some respect to the guys who step in the ring and lay it all on the line. The fact that you are even questioning Silva's resolve as a fighter shows how little you understand about his abilities as a fighter. Or fighting in general.

Mantle7
    Death Stare

I figured you were gonna try and work in what a tough guy you were. I saw it coming from a mile away.

Who gives a Fukk about how big you are? Does it have anything to do with what we're talking about?

No tough guy.. I could tell you how much I weigh and how much I bench and my fighting background but... It doesn't fukkn matter.

FindTheLock

I figured you were gonna try and work in what a tough guy you were. I saw it coming from a mile away.

Who gives a Fukk about how big you are? Does it have anything to do with what we're talking about?

No tough guy.. I could tell you how much I weigh and how much I bench and my fighting background but... It doesn't fukkn matter.
    Anyway, your point sucks. GSP could beat Silva with his superior wrestling and athletic talent. GSP is a genetic freak. He could easily win the fight against Silva, and I am surprised you don't want to see that fight.

Mantle7
    Death Stare

This guy is literally trying to say that Silva called his shot in the first fight. He got tooled for 5 rounds and pulled off a fukkn miracle submission. That fight did not go how he thought it would go by any stretch of the imagination and you have a big one.

Mantle7
    Death Stare

My point is simple... If you're going to call someone out then dont call out the smaller guy. If you don't like it... I'll live

FindTheLock

This guy is literally trying to say that Silva called his shot in the first fight. He got tooled for 5 rounds and pulled off a fukkn miracle submission. That fight did not go how he thought it would go by any stretch of the imagination and you have a big one.
    Silva said he would submit Sonnen and he did. That is all that matters.

Mantle7
    Death Stare

OK, man. Whatever you say.

Mantle7
    Death Stare

Anyway, your point sucks. GSP could beat Silva with his superior wrestling and athletic talent. GSP is a genetic freak. He could easily win the fight against Silva, and I am surprised you don't want to see that fight.
    You're the guy who's on record saying the most dominant fighter in the history of MMA would "easily" lose to GSP. You have quite the imagination my friend.

FindTheLock

You're the guy who's on record for saying the most dominant fighter in the history of MMA would "easily" lose to GSP. You have quite the imagination my friend.
    I never said he would easily lose. How old are you? I feel like I am typing to a child... I said that GSP could win the fight, but I would not bet against Silva. It is documented on this page, so why try to use your psychobabble when anyone bored enough to read this thread can see what I am trying to say????

Judgejoebrwn
    Judgejoebrwn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Mantle7 is clearly a troll, guys. We've been baited into this thread and we're evidently glutton for punishment as we continue to converse with him. Let him live...

As for this whole GSP/Silva/Bones debacle - I'm confident when I say that regardless of who Silva fights (both GSP and Silva have expressed interest in fighting one another and Dana White GUARANTEED that Jones vs. Silva would happen at some point), Silva will be the favorite. He's easily the best fighter on the planet at the moment and has broken every UFC record...ever. As mentioned, he told Nogueira that he would submit Sonnen and he did. He let Bonnar beat on him and when he decided he was going to end the fight, he ended it. The MMA world has never seen anything like him and the fact that anyone would try to discredit him, his character, his ability, or his legacy is a clear troll. Even if he were to lose to GSP or JBJ, he would go down as one of, if not THE best of all time.

Having said that, GSP is a very tough match for Silva. Statistically, strikers are often dominated by wrestlers (for a recent example, see Jon Fitch vs. Erick Silva), and the only time we've seen Silva is any POTENTIAL danger of losing was against an olympic wrestler. And GSP is just as good, if not better, than Sonnen imo. Watch the Condit fight again - there's a point in the fight where Condit throws a leg kick that GSP catches and he dives into a takedown. It was the fastest takedown I have ever seen, and if you think GSP couldn't get Silva down to the ground with something like that (even despite the weight disadvantage), you're delusional. I think this is definitely a fight that fans want to see, even those that claim they don't wanna see it will buy the PPV.

As for Silva vs. Jones, I honestly think this could be a slightly EASIER fight for Silva than GSP. Jones has nowhere near the wrestling pedigree to manhandle Silva, nor does he have the technical striking capability to stand with him (does anyone honestly?). Jones, as impressive as he is, is VERY young and VERY inexperienced, completely opposite of GSP. He could END UP being the best of then next generation, but I think he showed some vulnerability against Belfort. Despite mediocre shots from Machida and Evans, his chin hasn't really been tested. And when Silva lands a few strikes, it'll be an entirely different game.

Now stop responding to Mantle7 so you don't give yourselves chronic migraines.

Mantle7
    Death Stare

This is going to be embarrassing for you but you deserve it..

Mantle7
    Death Stare

Can you read retard? Read your fukkn post.

First 1234 Last