Paul Kemp
    Paul Kemp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

Week 11 thoughts...

Anybody think there is anything to this angle?

Books have had time to bounce back from that "bad week" and with NCAAB kicking off, the NBA underway, etc.. One would think there are now a lot more areas for books to to take advantage in other sports. NCAAB and the NBA and a later NCAAF.

Any cappers see an advantage for books to set lines for more favs to cover/win this week than the last two?

My thinking:

***NFL season winding down, but with a ton on key injuries and a lot of uncertainty on a lot of teams:

Why not let the public (or sharps for that matter) build up that bank roll in Week 11 and set games for the next 3+ weeks to rake back in what they COULD lose with more favs cover/winning this week?

The games I'm thinking this would be a factor today: (Favs)
    Green Bay at Detroit
    Cleveland at Dallas (Yes, I know, who would bet on Romo)
    Indy at Pats (I don't trust the Pats either, bringing it up here for the angle in this thread...)
    Arizona at Atlanta
    SD and Denver
    Tampa Bay at Carolina
    Phil at Washington

I'm thinking the books give a little back to the public this week to favs on GB ML, BIG MAYBE on Dallas ML, Pats with the points, Atlanta ML/maybe points if she moves anymore and NO points...

NOTE: These are not picks - just trying to get a discussion going why I watch lines move....

Last edited by Paul Kemp; 11-18-12 at 08:29 AM. Reason: wake and bake posting

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

Lot of games

Some teams will win

Some teams will lose

Ratpack
    Ratpack's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1777

yeah i think EVERYONE and their mom are on the packers and bucs lets hope they come through

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

Quote Originally Posted by Ratpack View Post
    yeah i think EVERYONE and their mom are on the packers and bucs lets hope they come through

Paul Kemp

Quote Originally Posted by Br0nxer View Post
    Right! I can't believe the amount on GB - still climbing as well - and I thought Chicago teams were public...

Paul Kemp

Quote Originally Posted by Br0nxer View Post
    Lot of games

Some teams will win

Some teams will lose

So true..

Am I the only one that just really didn't see anything on the card this week/weekend that jumped out at me? It's kind of what brought up the topic of the post... nothing really stands out and says - pound the hell out of this...

Paul Kemp

Quote Originally Posted by Ratpack View Post
    Maybe the thought is let everyone and their mom take the GB game, then lose it back on the Baltimore ML??

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

thy dont control anything, people think they have a crystal ball or something, they dont. perception is the books greatest asset, especially when people are controlled by it and perpetuate it.

I say all but 2 SU winners cover this week, which means just pick a winner and you'll cash.

Philly is a dog BTW, and Car wins that game at home.

Paul Kemp

Quote Originally Posted by wantitall4moi View Post
    thy dont control anything, people think they have a crystal ball or something, they dont. perception is the books greatest asset, especially when people are controlled by it and perpetuate it.

I say all but 2 SU winners cover this week, which means just pick a winner and you'll cash.

Philly is a dog BTW, and Car wins that game at home.
    Good catch - edited with reason.

Thank you.

Paul Kemp

So far this has all come true... I'm not touching the Balt/Pitt game.