jrose2106
    jrose2106's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

Who will be the number 1 QB drafted in offseason ???

I know Barkley was the sexy pick preseason and I havent googled any credible mock drafts recent but I'm sure barkley has fell off. Being that Jax and especially KC would love to find a Luck or RG3 at the top of the board, who will it be? It seems that this year's QB class will be weaker than last, understandable i guess with luck, rg3, t-hill etc..
    Only names that come to my head from watching this year are klein, maybe tyler wilson, nasib ?

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Not that much talent coming out this year at QB. Mock drafts have Geno Smith going 1st overall in the draft, which is absurd to me.

jrose2106

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    Not that much talent coming out this year at QB. Mock drafts have Geno Smith going 1st overall in the draft, which is absurd to me.
    I remember him up in the 1st round in early season mocks but is that recent your talking about, with WVU falling out last month i agree that would be crazy i think to rate him at top QB.. As a cuse fan I'm sure you would like my opinion that ryan nasib could be a steal. He just looks the part to me ya know

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by jrose2106 View Post
    I remember him up in the 1st round in early season mocks but is that recent your talking about, with WVU falling out last month i agree that would be crazy i think to rate him at top QB.. As a cuse fan I'm sure you would like my opinion that ryan nasib could be a steal. He just looks the part to me ya know
    Yeah, even the recent ones have Geno going 1 or 2. His stats are great, 31 TD's...3 INT's...70%+ completion percentage but I just don't see him being a franchise QB myself, wouldn't be the first time I'm wrong.

As for Ryan, he has a lot of tools that will translate well in the NFL. He has a cannon of an arm but doesn't quite have the touch for college but I think in the NFL those guys would still catch the rockets he throws on 5 yard passes. He doesn't have great height for a pro QB and needs to work a bit on his accuracy, but he's intelligent and could be a Drew Brees type QB. I think he's a steal as well.

Powderguy
    Powderguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Barkley to me

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

Horrible QB class

Geno #1

Barkley #2

Both could be stiffs

jrose2106

Quote Originally Posted by Br0nxer View Post
    Horrible QB class

Geno #1

Barkley #2

Both could be stiffs
    yes i agree, I just checked some mock drafts and see now that geno/barkley 1-2 looks very likely, especially with KC and Jax picking most likely. Something interesting I saw a mock draft on walterfootball of 2014, he has the Pats taking aaron murray end of 1st round in 2014 draft to be brady's replacement. I think it's safe to say that in 2014 the teams at the bottom of the league that could use a pass rusher would seriously consider tanking to get the #1 pick. Clowney has to be that pick IMO

SparJMU
    SparJMU's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7523

Weak class. Not worth the pick.

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

Wouldnt touch Barkley or Geno early in 1st rd

Would take next best available

The hit teams take now if they are a bust isnt as bad as it used to be with the cap now but still wouldnt touch either before pick 10

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

I think you're going to see a defensive player go first. NFL is going to move towards the Jarvis Jones types who can cover and rush the passer to combat the passing offenses we see now.

I think Tyler Wilson will start rising again. He took a hit this season...John L Smith has screwed him up pretty bad.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

if you need a qb this year you are screwed..should have tanked last season...