Statman
    Statman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2733

Detroit Lions +3.5 at Home vs Green Bay or Houston?

Seeing how Lions burned loads of $$ from last week in their loss to their Vikings on road, I noticed on SBR odds they are +3.5 home dogs to the Packers and the Texans on Thanksgiving day the following week. With divisional games traditionally offering much closer final results and the Lions playoff hopes fading, I'm wondering which of these 2 games would offer the better value at +3.5? Appears that Nelson is a go for the Pack but will the layoff hurt GB or would it be better to go against Hou on short weeks rest for the Thanksgiving game? Personally leaning towards taking Det this week instead of going against Houston but would welcome your thoughts.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

ask Paco he is an expert on the Lions.

IMO the Texans have less offensive firepower and Lions usually bring the heat on
    Thanksgiving

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3353

Jennings, Mathews, and Woodson have been ruled out. Nelson had limited participation in practice. Have to make sure Calvin Johnson will play. Leaning towards Detroit.

zolex
    zolex's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

bring the heat????????????

1-9 the last ten years on thanksgiving day..i guess, as a Detroit native, thats "bringin the heat"..go head n lose your cash on them

IMO the Texans have less offensive firepower and Lions usually bring the heat on
    Thanksgiving[/QUOTE]

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Why would you take either one?

Statman
    Statman's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    Jennings, Mathews, and Woodson have been ruled out. Nelson had limited participation in practice. Have to make sure Calvin Johnson will play. Leaning towards Detroit.
    Appears Don Best is showing Calvin as "probable" now for Det....Might be best to wait until Sunday to take Detroit in this one?

Statman
    Statman's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by DrStale View Post
    Why would you take either one?

Good point....Just a gut feel but I think now that Det will be a dog for GB and HOU and at home, they could represent value at +3.5 or more by game day. Good luck in your plays..

mynameismud
    mynameismud's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8427

lions win 1 of their next 2. i just dont know which one.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Detroit has problems with star running backs... So Houston should murder Detroit. As for Green Bay... Rodgers knows Detroit's weak secondary. Only thing Detroit has going for them is Home Field... They might lose to both teams.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

yeah i think they lose both.

If the Lions can't beat the Vikings, they are fukked.