19 45.24%
  • ncaa

23 54.76%
    thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

what do we prefer nba or ncaa?

i remember someone asked this about nfl and ncaa football and ncaa football seemed to blow it out of the water, which kinda surprised me. id expect ncaa basketball to be favored here though.

DudleyDawson
    DudleyDawson's Avatar Become A Pro!

NBA

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

College > everything

TxAaron
    TxAaron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 133

Football > Baseball > Golf > Tennis/Soccer > Basketball

Bunch of thugs in basketball.

boombaby1987
    boombaby1987's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Quote Originally Posted by TxAaron View Post

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by TxAaron View Post

guess u arent missing the nhl

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

i chose nba, would have said ncaa basketball when it was a real feeder system, now the best players stay a year and are unfinished products or come from overseas.

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!
    sweep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2457

Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    Holy Sh*t!!!!!!

MrPlow456
    MrPlow456's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 258

nba much better product

TxAaron
    TxAaron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 133

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    guess u arent missing the nhl
    Lol I completely forgot about hockey. It's hardly even broadcasted on TV here in Texas.

I picked NBA btw...I'm only really interested college hoops during the tournament.

Frisco
    Frisco's Avatar Become A Pro!

College basketball > NHL > NCAAF > NFL > Tennis > MLB > NBA Playoffs > Soccer > NBA reg season

A4K
    A4K's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

From a value standpoint college hoops is a much better play. More games = less times for books to adjust and set sharp lines.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Common MAn....

NCAA by far

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    Wow what the fukk was that CJ!

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

NBA. Never have and most likely never will watch NCAA. I'm not American though so maybe I just don't understand why anyone would want to watch something at college level

Frisco
    Frisco's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
    NBA. Never have and most likely never will watch NCAA. I'm not American though so maybe I just don't understand why anyone would want to watch something at college level
    More passion in the college game. You tend to know what you're getting out of the players/teams more than you do in the NBA

adila1401
    adila1401's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2486

NBA is definitely easier to predict b/c of talent on some teams...College teams sometimes hustle beats out the talent due to mental mistakes etc (not as much in NBA)

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Quote Originally Posted by Frisco View Post
    More passion in the college game. You tend to know what you're getting out of the players/teams more than you do in the NBA
    I'm talking watching, not gambling. It would never cross my mind to watch college sports. That said I'm English and college/university sports are completely irrelevant here.

scholesy
    [Too Long]
    scholesy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1685

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
    I'm talking watching, not gambling. It would never cross my mind to watch college sports. That said I'm English and college/university sports are completely irrelevant here.
    Can't possibly watch college basketball if you are a fan of the game.
    The college game is way too slow, and these kids can't shoot for the life of them.

Titanup28
    Titanup28's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 800

Women's NCAA

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

Wow can't believe this is even this close. College easy imo.

darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

NBA easy for me

bigballr9989
    bigballr9989's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1368

NCAA is more fun to watch but NBA is easier to cap

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Quote Originally Posted by scholesy View Post
    The college game is way too slow, and these kids can't shoot for the life of them.

nba for me. even though we have 4 division 1 schools (wisc/marq/milwaukee/green bay) if you combine all 4 you might have 1 or 2 guys that could play in the nba.

talent differential is just ridiculously big, name all the best players in the nba:
    lebron - played no college
    dwight howard - no college
    garnett - no college
    kobe - no college
    durant - one year
    rose - one year. actually ZERO college since he was removed from ncaa records because of ineligibility (cheated on sat's, had grades magically changed, etc)
    d wade - two years

etc etc

MeatWad
    MeatWad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 221

NCAAB from a value standpoint by far. The once or twice a year I get out to watch these uneducated thug lifers play live, I prefer NBA.

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by MeatWad View Post
    NCAAB from a value standpoint by far. The once or twice a year I get out to watch these uneducated thug lifers play live, I prefer NBA.
    nfl is almost as much black as the nba (65% black in nfl and 80% black in nba) yet because they are hiding their blackness behind helmets and pads, people automatically assume nba guys are thugs and nfl guys are choir boys

MeatWad
    MeatWad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 221

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    nfl is almost as much black as the nba (65% black in nfl and 80% black in nba) yet because they are hiding their blackness behind helmets and pads, people automatically assume nba guys are thugs and nfl guys are choir boys
    What are the breakdowns on % who possess college educations in both leagues. I think this statistic would be more telling than race. It just repulses me when I see the rapper wannna be 20 yo NBA'ers talking shit as if they are entitled to own the world and boss their coaches.

Alot of the WR's and RB's in the NFL resemble NBA players. But the linemen are usually educated and fairly respectful and intelligent. Most of it comes to down unbringing and education and generally NFL players are more educated.

Lakers714
    Go Big or Go Home!
    Lakers714's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3886

Quote Originally Posted by scholesy View Post
    100% agree. From an entertainment standpoint, the NBA is a far greater watch than college hoops. Those games are absolutely unwatchable sometimes. I think there's like a 35 second shot clock and the 1 and 1 free throws just takes all the juice out of it. I tired getting into college hoops but the rules r too different than the NBA. The NBA tailored its rules for a fast paced game rather than 5 guys passing the ball around the 3 point arch then hoisting up a prayer. Just my opinion. And for those who say all the thugs r in the NBA, those same thugs play in college first. Horrible watch.

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by MeatWad View Post
    What are the breakdowns on % who possess college educations in both leagues. I think this statistic would be more telling than race. It just repulses me when I see the rapper wannna be 20 yo NBA'ers talking shit as if they are entitled to own the world and boss their coaches.

Alot of the WR's and RB's in the NFL resemble NBA players. But the linemen are usually educated and fairly respectful and intelligent. Most of it comes to down unbringing and education and generally NFL players are more educated.
    i will agree with much of that. but a large reason nfl players have more college education is that they aren't big enough to go to the nfl at 18/19. i can assure you that if they could get a big contract for leaving after the first year of college, any football player with half a brain would jump at it.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

College basketball definitely has more opportunity because there are so many teams, but it also requires a lot more work to handicap. If you exclusively do NCAAB, I could understand liking it more, but NBA is easier to incorporate into your portfolio if you're doing football/hockey/etc as well.

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Ncaab

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

ncaa should make the shot clock ten seconds instead of 35. they should have to haul ass and try to score faster than nba because they are younger and crazier

ncaa is ok i guess to bet on. cannot watch for very long though, the 35 second shot clock is boring.

A4K
    A4K's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

Quote Originally Posted by face View Post
    ncaa should make the shot clock ten seconds instead of 35. they should have to haul ass and try to score faster than nba because they are younger and crazier

ncaa is ok i guess to bet on. cannot watch for very long though, the 35 second shot clock is boring.
    Agree. NCAA needs to speed the game up. 35 seconds is an eternity in hoops. If you have a shot clock violation in college hoops, your team should be forced to forfeit.

Lakers714
    Go Big or Go Home!
    Lakers714's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3886

Quote Originally Posted by A4K View Post
    Agree. NCAA needs to speed the game up. 35 seconds is an eternity in hoops. If you have a shot clock violation in college hoops, your team should be forced to forfeit.
    Lmao, forfeit. Yes, I can see myself getting into college hoops if they changed the rules to mirror the NBA. 24 second shot clock, defensive 3 seconds, not be able to sub after a made shot, etc... It makes the games drag on. You can watch for 15 minutes without either team scoring. Wtf

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

College basketball is a joke

The players are a joke

Most guys from D1 schools can't even make an nba practice squad

The NBA is the most select league in all of sports. Less than 500 guys in the entire league.

12 Last