ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Kentucky is not this bad.

They're much worse than last year, and are a fringe top 20 team when everything settles - but they are playing what they really are.

Don't think they suck, they just aren't loaded with last years superstars.

Also, Maryland is so much better than projected. I really like Maryland a lot.

Don't overreact.

nosniboR11
    fu
    nosniboR11's Avatar Become A Pro!

so glad cbb has started

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by nosniboR11 View Post
    so glad cbb has started
    No doubt! Love it.
    Points Awarded:

nosniboR11 gave ChalkyDog 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

coop
    coop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

Alex Len is a beast. totally owned that clown with the flat top. can't believe he was the #1 recruit

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by coop View Post
    Alex Len is a beast. totally owned that clown with the flat top. can't believe he was the #1 recruit
    Only because he was going to UK was he number 1.

If you couldn't tell, ESPN is heavily vested in the UK program right now. To the point that they make Dukie V remove Coach K's rooster from his mouth, so that he could fellate Cal and UK.

coop
    coop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    Only because he was going to UK was he number 1.

If you couldn't tell, ESPN is heavily vested in the UK program right now. To the point that they make Dukie V remove Coach K's rooster from his mouth, so that he could fellate Cal and UK.
    I know its been said many times many ways, but Dickie V is the most unbearable announcer ever. He barely talks about the games anymore. Was excruciating

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by coop View Post
    I know its been said many times many ways, but Dickie V is the most unbearable announcer ever. He barely talks about the games anymore. Was excruciating
    You are right, there have been enumerable attempts to put into words how terrible that choad is. Duke fans, and I guess now UK fans are the only people that can probably stomach the schmuck - and even then I doubt it is remotely unanimous amongst the respective fanbases.

B1GER1C828
    Bostoneric
    B1GER1C828's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

i grew up in everett MA. i got a few friends who know Noel. i gotta find out about this kid.

Goodfella10
    Goodfella10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 80

I will bump this thread at the end of the year. See you then.

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by Goodfella10 View Post
    I will bump this thread at the end of the year. See you then.
    What is the purpose of the bump? If UK does bad or if UK does good? Or Maryland?

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

these chumps are awful. If maryland had ONE guy that could put the ball in the basket, they easily win this game. Kentucky is soft and have no point guard. The only thing they could possibly do is get Noel and that two named penetrate to play tougher. They have zero offensive abilities combined. They definitely don't have a point guard. All I can say is that Mays and Goodwin better step up for this team because they have nothing at the 1 and 5 spots. Poythress looked awful tonight and Wjiliter won't be lucky enough to score like that against a better team.

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    these chumps are awful. If maryland had ONE guy that could put the ball in the basket, they easily win this game. Kentucky is soft and have no point guard. The only thing they could possibly do is get Noel and that two named penetrate to play tougher. They have zero offensive abilities combined. They definitely don't have a point guard. All I can say is that Mays and Goodwin better step up for this team because they have nothing at the 1 and 5 spots. Poythress looked awful tonight and Wjiliter won't be lucky enough to score like that against a better team.
    I still believe Goodwin is the best player on that team.

It's going to be a bumpy ride in Lexington, with the eyes of the world on them, because of how much ESPN is trying to sell them right now.

Goodfella10

What is the purpose of the bump? If UK does bad or if UK does good? Or Maryland?
    My reason for bumping is based solely on the notion of UK being "a fringe top 20 team when everything settles". I highly doubt this will be the case. You are making a pretty substantial statement on one game, but you a have a right to your opinion. I may be the one who is a fool at the end of the season.

Goodfella10

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    Respectfully disagree. Again, basing the season outlook on one game is premature. The toughness at the 5 spot will come, but I do agree with the fact that Noel and Cauley-Stein have a way to go offensively. To say "zero" offensive abilities combined is a stretch. They will improve and points will come from that spot later in the season. Harrow has a ways to go, but any basketball fan should have known he wasn't Wall, Knight, Teague in the first place. Poythress will be fine and Wiltjer will be consistently good. Did you lose a bet on this game or something??

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

I can't comment in this thread, won't be taking seriously...

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Respectfully disagree. Again, basing the season outlook on one game is premature. The toughness at the 5 spot will come, but I do agree with the fact that Noel and Cauley-Stein have a way to go offensively. To say "zero" offensive abilities combined is a stretch. They will improve and points will come from that spot later in the season. Harrow has a ways to go, but any basketball fan should have known he wasn't Wall, Knight, Teague in the first place. Poythress will be fine and Wiltjer will be consistently good. Did you lose a bet on this game or something??

might as well have. Maryland was lock but didnt bet it.

ChalkyDog

My reason for bumping is based solely on the notion of UK being "a fringe top 20 team when everything settles". I highly doubt this will be the case. You are making a pretty substantial statement on one game, but you a have a right to your opinion. I may be the one who is a fool at the end of the season.
    That is fair. This is an opinion that makes a solid statement. I literally cannot see these guys being better than a 4 seed, possibly 5. They could get some nice treatment on selection sunday (rightfully) due to their recent success. Their conference being not very good could help their case too. I think Florida is the class of the SEC right now.

Goodfella10

That is fair. This is an opinion that makes a solid statement. I literally cannot see these guys being better than a 4 seed, possibly 5. They could get some nice treatment on selection sunday (rightfully) due to their recent success. Their conference being not very good could help their case too. I think Florida is the class of the SEC right now.
    After one game or one half in the case of Florida, I would have to agree. I still think UK will come out on top in the SEC after some fierce competition from Florida by the end of the season.