ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Shabazz Muhammad declared ineligible - NCAABK

Reported by Andy Katz moments ago.

HUGE huge blow to UCLA and the PAC-12.

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

typical ucla garbage under ben howland, the most overrated coach in the country

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by paranoyd androyd View Post
    typical ucla garbage under ben howland, the most overrated coach in the country
    He is a good coach, he just doesn't translate well in the modern day one and done basketball world. He has gotten lazy recruiting, and has just gotten blue chips regardless if they fit his system.

I think Barnes and Romar are far more worthy of the title of overrated. And I really think Howland is a douche.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Anthony Davis and Nerlens Noel were eligible however

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    While the official reason for his ineligibility is suspect - the underlying, well known cheating the system that Shabazz and his family undertook via his sisters tennis Adidas contract is probably what is taking him down.

He can appeal, which they will do, but the NCAA can drag their feet. Bazz was better off going to Europe, but I think that conflicted with his addias money that was funneled to him.

Paying blue chips is rampent in the AAU world, you would literally have to work to find unpaid 5 stars. The extent and the amount of money Bazz received via adidas dwarfs anything else anyone has done before.

Selby came with a pricetag of $20K. Bazz easily recieved 10x that amount.

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

NCAA hates Howland, Calipari must have a friend in the NCAA office.

TPowell

can say 100% that Louisville is squeaky clean as far as paying players. Talked to several of the guys who have told me about kids (some went to Baylor) that came on their visit to UL and simply wanted more than a scholly to play and Pitino stopped recruiting them. Not sure about other coaches but anyways

ChalkyDog

Actually, thinking about this, it is rather comical.

The reason he is getting nailed is due to a family friend paying for his trips to UK and I think Duke. Both Nike Schools, and both orchestrated by his father to create more hype around him. Bazz was guaranteed to UCLA, the second Adidas went into bed with his sister.

So, his ineligibility, is due to him taking trips to schools there was no way in hell he was going to attend.

ChalkyDog

can say 100% that Louisville is squeaky clean as far as paying players. Talked to several of the guys who have told me about kids (some went to Baylor) that came on their visit to UL and simply wanted more than a scholly to play and Pitino stopped recruiting them. Not sure about other coaches but anyways
    Absolutely, Slick Rick got his name for a reason. But he isn't any dirtier than any other big name coach. It's the name of the game, and mainly, it is really impossible to hold these kids who are brought up in incredibly poor households to deny a 5 figure cash paycheck - as that immediately helps his respective family.

Funny you mention Baylor - as that is far and away the dirtiest basketball program in all of America.

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    Actually, thinking about this, it is rather comical.

The reason he is getting nailed is due to a family friend paying for his trips to UK and I think Duke. Both Nike Schools, and both orchestrated by his father to create more hype around him. Bazz was guaranteed to UCLA, the second Adidas went into bed with his sister.

So, his ineligibility, is due to him taking trips to schools there was no way in hell he was going to attend.

what about a kid coming up with a top 3 on say Monday and then on Tuesday coming up with a completely new top 3 and then committing before the end of the week. I'll give you a hint, the first 3 schools were addidas and nike. The last top 3 was all nike. He was a lottery pick last year

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1830

Noel looks like complete shit right now. Getting abused by some white kid.

Needs lots of work.

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Noel looks like complete shit right now. Getting abused by some white kid.

Needs lots of work.
    Anyone who has watched either of Bazz and Noel played for any amount of time could have told you that Bazz is far and away the better player.

I wouldn't have put Noel in the top 20. Guy is a huge project.

TPowell

Anyone who has watched either of Bazz and Noel played for any amount of time could have told you that Bazz is far and away the better player.

I wouldn't have put Noel in the top 20. Guy is a huge project.

you dont pick up 5 star big men and have them turn into stars their freshman year for the most part. Especially not twigs like Noel. Davis was the exception. A guard in a big mans body (thanks to growth hormones)

ChalkyDog

what about a kid coming up with a top 3 on say Monday and then on Tuesday coming up with a completely new top 3 and then committing before the end of the week. I'll give you a hint, the first 3 schools were addidas and nike. The last top 3 was all nike. He was a lottery pick last year
    Shoe money is a big part of this, as it is what makes the AAU game go.

Now, many aren't getting the type of money Bazz did by adidas - but many commits are made in basketball due to shoe affiliations.

For instance, UCLA desperately wants to get into the Oakland Soldiers AAU team, as they are not only the best team in the country year after year - they are located in the bay area of Cali.

Problem is, Oakland Soldiers are a flagship Nike AAU team. UCLA being a flagship Adidas program means they don't get the top pickings from the program, and if they are to get any - it is far down the depth chart.

That is one example.

TPowell

black guys and shoes

ChalkyDog

you dont pick up 5 star big men and have them turn into stars their freshman year for the most part. Especially not twigs like Noel. Davis was the exception. A guard in a big mans body (thanks to growth hormones)
    You can. For instance Grant Jerrett at Arizona is going lottery after this year. It's already guaranteed (assuming no serious injury). He was a fringe top 10 big man coming into this, his freshman year.

However, Noel is only good at getting blocks, and really only off of weakside help. Also, he believes he is a guard. He is not a smart rebounder, and he is absolutely awful on offense. Thabeet thinks Noel needs to find an offensive game.

ChalkyDog

black guys and shoes
    LOL!

While that may be true, it's basketball and shoes. Biggest racket in that specific industry.

Shoe deals make the world go round.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

fukk i was looking forward to this year...

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    fukk i was looking forward to this year...
    There is potential for him to come back this year. NCAA wasn't specific if it was season ending, although the language was pretty dark.

That said, you guys are still very good. Kyle Anderson is the better of the two, IMO.

iceminers26
    iceminers26's Avatar Become A Pro!

lets be honest UCLA blows regardless, not relevant anymore

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Just another case of Muslim discrimination

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by iceminers26 View Post
    lets be honest UCLA blows regardless, not relevant anymore
    They were top 10 with him, national title contenders. They are still better than UK without him.

If Howland lets him play, they still have a very legit Freshman of the year Candidate.

iceminers26
    iceminers26's Avatar Become A Pro!

They were top 10 with him, national title contenders. They are still better than UK without him.

If Howland lets him play, they still have a very legit Freshman of the year Candidate.
    preseason rankings don't mean that much to me, UCLA reminds me of Pitt... always suppose to be good but always choke in crunch time

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by iceminers26 View Post
    preseason rankings don't mean that much to me, UCLA reminds me of Pitt... always suppose to be good but always choke in crunch time
    Very good reason why they remind you of pitt. The whole Howland/Dixon thing.

The interesting part is Dixon recruits his system perfectly, whereas Howland hasn't recruited for his system since his final four runs.

Pew Pew
    Banned
    Pew Pew's Avatar Become A Pro!

i don't like the Wear twanks... ball hogging dicks... gut feeling nobody on the team really like these whities

i see potential on tony parker though

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by Pew Pew View Post
    i don't like the Wear twanks... ball hogging dicks... gut feeling nobody on the team really like these whities

i see potential on tony parker though
    Wear twins are garbage. Parker shows potential, agreed. Can't believe how bad Larry Drew is, really can't.

TPowell

Wear twins had good games tonight it seemed like. The Drew kid sucks though. Not sure why UCLA wanted him

ChalkyDog

Wear twins had good games tonight it seemed like. The Drew kid sucks though. Not sure why UCLA wanted him
    Guy tricked every coach in America into thinking he was elite. Then he tricked UCLA into believing he was in the wrong system at UNC, and said he neeed a slower "princeton-like" offense, where he can setup his teammates in the half court.

Still don't like Kyle Anderson at the point, but Drew is terrible.

If you can get a + wager on Arizona to win the PAC, take it. There aren't too many times where I use the word "lock" - but this tends to be one of them.

Ernie Mccracken
    Ernie Mccracken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4304

For instance, UCLA desperately wants to get into the Oakland Soldiers AAU team, as they are not only the best team in the country year after year - they are located in the bay area of Cali.
    Who wouldn't? Aaron Gordon kid is going to be worth millions, wherever he lands.

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie Mccracken View Post
    Who wouldn't? Aaron Gordon kid is going to be worth millions, wherever he lands.
    UCLA has no chance at him and never had. UW should be in the drivers seat, based on what happened to Aaron's brother at UCLA. UK wont be happening for him, they fukked up very bad. Arizona is in very very good shape with the kid (no homer). I have been very skeptical in this recruitiment as far as Arizona's chances, but because UW is going to be so damn bad this year, and show no real signs of improving next season - there is literally no reason for Aaron to want to go to UW outside of his families connections to Romar.

As of current, Arizona has a nice stranglehold on the Soldiers, although Oregon (for obvious reason) have a shot at remaining part of the picture with them.

TPowell

UCLA has no chance at him and never had. UW should be in the drivers seat, based on what happened to Aaron's brother at UCLA. UK wont be happening for him, they fukked up very bad. Arizona is in very very good shape with the kid (no homer). I have been very skeptical in this recruitiment as far as Arizona's chances, but because UW is going to be so damn bad this year, and show no real signs of improving next season - there is literally no reason for Aaron to want to go to UW outside of his families connections to Romar.

As of current, Arizona has a nice stranglehold on the Soldiers, although Oregon (for obvious reason) have a shot at remaining part of the picture with them.

how did UK penetrate up? He is visiting now

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

shabazz debuts today.

i'm fukkin excited!!!

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Huge boost for UCLA

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

I hate UCLA but I do want to see what this kid can do.