briedward
    briedward's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3395

Public did awesome

The sharpest bettors know when to bet with the public...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/85...k-9-nfl-season

MeatWad
    MeatWad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 221

Sharp bettors make their own assessments and bet according to perceived value vs the line. I don't care if a side is considered sharp or square. Honestly I was shocked to hear UK was allegedly a sharp side, apparently only to sharps who don't watch the games.

I will occassionally incorporate the picks of other winning cappers, but don't invest much value in the terms sharp, square or even public betting. By the time these determinations are made the line has likely already losts it value. 90% of my football bets are made a week before the games actually start, or overnight on other sports.

Bottom line if you are sharp at figuring out value and projecting outcomes, it doesn't matter what other sharps or squares are doing.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ChalkyDog

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by MeatWad View Post
    Bottom line if you are sharp at figuring out value and projecting outcomes, it doesn't matter what other sharps or squares are doing.
    100% this.

The first part about being sharp, is knowing where the value is. If you don't know how to ascertain your own value, you have no shot at being "sharp"

Instead, you turn into a dart chucker.

Doesn't matter if a dart chucker hits at a 54% on -110's.