Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Panthers +4 vs Broncos Thoughts????

Looks like Cam is back fellas. And the Panthers pass rush looked as good or better than the NY Giants yesterday.

I think Peyton might be in for a long day next Sunday.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

not sure playing well against a shitbag skins d proves much... i did say before the skins gm that panthers d has been steadily improving without much notice, i was focusing mainly on run d as that what i thought they had to have to beat skins and that was what i was surprised was so bad the 1st month of the season as that a area i thought they would improve on from last yr and it seems they have righted the ship in that regard..i gotta look into their pass d some more this week before i say either way..

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cam is back.
    Panthers pass rush is awesome.
    Peyton Manning in for a long day.

Looks like you have your mind made up. Make the bet.

My thoughts...Cam sucks...Panthers suck...Peyton 300 yards passing and a few td's. Just another typical day for him. About as silly as people thinking the Bengals were gonna beat Peyton.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: wtt0315

Frisco
    Frisco's Avatar Become A Pro!

Broncs won't be able to run the ball at all. The under on McGahee's rush total will have value if it's 80 or above. Thing that worries me is how Cam reacts to the Broncs pass rush.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Cam did not look that good, the defense did though should go under the posted total

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Cam looked great yesterday
    Over 200 passing yards about 50 rushing yards no INTs

And 2 TD's . 1 running and 1 throwing

DaColts
    DaColts's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1233

So Peyton looked great and A. Luck looked like a god then. Yes they Did

gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Beating one of the worst defenses in the nfl and a banged up Redskins, the skins are the walking wounded, (Orakpo,Carriker ,Fred Davis,etc) is far from being back or salvaging this miserable panther season. Manning is just killing it this year and Broncos coach, John Fox, coached Carolina for 9 years and has eight former assistants on his denver staff who coached at carolina. Jack Del Rio (defense coordinator), Mike McCoy (offensive coordinator)Jeff Rodgers (special teams). Carolina D is impressive but Fox and his staff knows them inside out, Manning should put up some more incredible numbers Sunday

Bigh2001
    Bigh2001's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1458

Del Rio was the panthers defensive coordinator in 2002, no one is still around from that time.

The Panthers roster is different from any of Fox's good Carolina teams. None of the schemes or philosophies are the same.

Panthers could have and should have beaten Chicago and atlanta on the road. They are a good team who has caught some really bad breaks in the first half of the year and are capable of beating Denver.

Quote Originally Posted by gregm View Post
    Beating one of the worst defenses in the nfl and a banged up Redskins, the skins are the walking wounded, (Orakpo,Carriker ,Fred Davis,etc) is far from being back or salvaging this miserable panther season. Manning is just killing it this year and Broncos coach, John Fox, coached Carolina for 9 years and has eight former assistants on his denver staff who coached at carolina. Jack Del Rio (defense coordinator), Mike McCoy (offensive coordinator)Jeff Rodgers (special teams). Carolina D is impressive but Fox and his staff knows them inside out, Manning should put up some more incredible numbers Sunday

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cam newton has not looked good this year, Maybe he did against washington but jj gold could throw for 300 yards against them. He is one of the lowest rated qb's in the league. Don't get blinded because he can run.

He is 28th in the league in completion percentage 57.00 percent. You cant win in this league completing half your passes
    he is 18th in total yards
    he is 31st in tds with 6
    qb rating is low also.
    He can run though and he hasnt thrown a lot of interceptions

I must of missed something when people say denver wont run on carolina because carolina is 18th in rush defense.
    Denver wins this game easily. Peyton should have no problm since carolina only has 17 sacks on the season.

They have played a tough schedule but lets not kid ourselves they are 2-6 and are not that good of a team.
    Denver has had just as tough a schedule and is 5-3
    But this is the nfl where anything happens but dont think backing carolina here is the play.

hougigo
    hougigo's Avatar Become A Pro!

Broncos -4
    They beat a hapless Skins team

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Line is now 3.5

Sharps hammering Carolina.

I'm telling yall boys the Panthers are starting
    to get things going. At the start of the season
    they were awful on both sides of the ball
    but they are starting to play to their potential.

They have played a brutal schedule. I'm just
    saying i think they keep it within 3 and maybe
    pull out a W.

wtt0315

Broncos schedule was tougher. Broncos have gel much better and rolling much better. Carolina isnt getting better they just played a horrid team

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    Line is now 3.5

pull out a W.

adila1401
    adila1401's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2486

Cam's back? Dude he didn't do anything spectacular other than couple of big plays against one of the worst pass defenses of Redskins..Manning will be lighting up the Panthers defense

2daBank

Line is now 3.5

pull out a W.
    you ppl and your "sharps",,,try capping the gm and not worrying bout what "sharps" are doing...hell you start doin that maybe instead of talking bout sharps you might become half sharp yourself (doubtful but hey anything possible)..so sick of the morons around here talking bout what "sharps" are doing...

iifold
    Update your status
    iifold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1774

Probably the best play of the week...

Panthers can get pressure with four... This is the key to beating Peyton, his edge is reading blitzes and finding the open man, but when you can rush four, drop 7 and force him to make strong, accurate throws to his "slow" receivers, he struggles...

Panthers should be able to run enough to open up a few big plays on offense as well...

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Peyton Manning has not been as sharp on the road. He had 2 picks against a weak Bengals defense. He even said he doesn't feel as comfortable on the road after taking a year off.

I follow the Panthers closely since it's my hometown team but I don't consider my self a homer. I didn't jump on board with everyone else around the Carolina's when they were saying we were going to finish 12-4 go to the super bowl , Cam's going to win MVP etc....

This team historically has had a trend of being really good ATS after they pretty much eliminate themselves from playoff contention. They haven't done that yet but I guess they would have to win 8 straight to get there and finish at 10-6. I actually think they can do that, i don't see anyone left on the schedule they shouldn't beat. All they needed was a little confidence and swagger and they clearly have it now. I know the Redskins suck donkey balls but nobody has EVER questioned Cam's skill set. His struggles were 100% lack of confidence, now he's got that swagger back.

I kind of figured Cam would have a sophmore slump b/c the Panthers didn't go out and get a much needed receiver like Brandon Marshall, Vincent Jackson , or even Plaxico Burress...

But the thing that really has me optimistic about the Panthers is the emergence of Armanti Edwards, and now Steve Smith finally caught a TD. i know Armanti only caught 1 ball and this was only his 6th ever reception as a Panther but that dude can straight up FLY. He is fast as hell, I think after seeing his play making ability they will draw up some more plays for him.

That and the Panthers have their running game going again "Double trouble" the best running back combo and only 2 running backs to ever rush for a 1,000 yards each on the same team in the same season

so , the Panthers need to stick to that run first mentality and they will open up some big passing play opportunity's for Cam Newton and Steve Smith.

And yeah i know Ryan Clady is an awesome left tackle for the Broncos but if the Panthers can get that pressure on Peyton and lay his ass out a few times i think Peyton will get happy feet and start throwing picks.

Everybody knows Peyton does not like getting hit and he is soft like a biscuit. Its time to slam him on the ground even if it means taking a penalty for a late hit. I know yall saw the Panthers take a few late hit penaltys on RG3 so they could rough that niggaz up.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J

Do the broncos have any shot at winning this game? You just made some great points about the panthers and you had nothing good to say about broncos. Sounds like Carolina will be in the playoffs this year. I'm thinking about taking Panthers -10 now, you just made a bunch of solid points. You're right cincy is weak and peyton sucked against them, Redskins are great and cam proved how superior he is at the QB position against them and got his swagger back with his outstanding stat line against them!
    Last edited by ngates815; 11-06-12 at 10:51 AM.

Frisco

"Cam's back? Dude he didn't do anything spectacular other than couple of big plays against one of the worst pass defenses of Redskins..Manning will be lighting up the Panthers defense"

He doesn't have to be spectacular. All he has to do is move the chains and not turn the ball over and the Panthers will win. When Rivera gives opponents a steady dosage of their running game the Panthers are very tough to beat.

wtt0315

Statiscally the bengals defense is better then the panthers

Peyton Manning has not been as sharp on the road. He had 2 picks against a weak Bengals defense. He even said he doesn't feel as comfortable on the road after taking a year off.

I follow the Panthers closely since it's my hometown team but I don't consider my self a homer. I didn't jump on board with everyone else around the Carolina's when they were saying we were going to finish 12-4 go to the super bowl , Cam's going to win MVP etc....

This team historically has had a trend of being really good ATS after they pretty much eliminate themselves from playoff contention. They haven't done that yet but I guess they would have to win 8 straight to get there and finish at 10-6. I actually think they can do that, i don't see anyone left on the schedule they shouldn't beat. All they needed was a little confidence and swagger and they clearly have it now. I know the Redskins suck donkey balls but nobody has EVER questioned Cam's skill set. His struggles were 100% lack of confidence, now he's got that swagger back.

I kind of figured Cam would have a sophmore slump b/c the Panthers didn't go out and get a much needed receiver like Brandon Marshall, Vincent Jackson , or even Plaxico Burress...

But the thing that really has me optimistic about the Panthers is the emergence of Armanti Edwards, and now Steve Smith finally caught a TD. i know Armanti only caught 1 ball and this was only his 6th ever reception as a Panther but that dude can straight up FLY. He is fast as hell, I think after seeing his play making ability they will draw up some more plays for him.

That and the Panthers have their running game going again "Double trouble" the best running back combo and only 2 running backs to ever rush for a 1,000 yards each on the same team in the same season

so , the Panthers need to stick to that run first mentality and they will open up some big passing play opportunity's for Cam Newton and Steve Smith.

And yeah i know Ryan Clady is an awesome left tackle for the Broncos but if the Panthers can get that pressure on Peyton and lay his ass out a few times i think Peyton will get happy feet and start throwing picks.

Everybody knows Peyton does not like getting hit and he is soft like a biscuit. Its time to slam him on the ground even if it means taking a penalty for a late hit. I know yall saw the Panthers take a few late hit penaltys on RG3 so they could rough that niggaz up.

freakydave
    freakydave's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

Quote Originally Posted by ngates815 View Post
    Do the broncos have any shot at winning this game? You just made some great points about the panthers and you had nothing good to say about broncos. Sounds like Carolina will be in the playoffs this year. I'm thinking about taking Panthers -10 now, you just made a bunch of solid points. You're right cincy is weak and peyton sucked against them, Redskins are great and cam proved how superior he is at the QB position against them and got his swagger back with his outstanding stat line against them!
    Exactly- Carolina's front 4 & D are gonna shut down Manning & on top of that the Bronco's D are just going to lay down to that Vaunted Carolina O.
    I am playing the Broncos again this week just like last week.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J

Quote Originally Posted by wtt0315 View Post
    Statiscally the bengals defense is better then the panthers

Statistically every team is pretty much better than the panthers, except in the "swag" category, they don't have that listed on the websites I look at, So I'll just have to listen to the Panther fans and just assume that they are correct in saying Cam has swag...Just like Vick did last night, RG3 had Sunday....ohh wow, apparently "swag" doesn't help you win, having the better team does?

Frisco

Gates have you seen the Panthers D play lately? They are solid at every level w/ some good young corners solidifying their secondary.

SteelRain
    SteelRain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6789

seems like a trap play

83% of the public on manning and as good as he is i don't think he is good enough to go undefeated for the rest of the season

O'doyleRules
    O'doyleRules's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Quote Originally Posted by Frisco View Post
    Broncs won't be able to run the ball at all. The under on McGahee's rush total will have value if it's 80 or above. Thing that worries me is how Cam reacts to the Broncs pass rush.
    Most idiotic quote of the day. Broncos rush for 140 yds easy, they will be so consumed with trying to stop Peyton that Mcgahee and co will have a field day. Panthers = easy to run on. Only reason line is so low is because the panthers are at home and broncos flying cross country. Both factors that don't impede the ass whopping that Manning is about to dish out.

O'doyleRules
    O'doyleRules's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Quote Originally Posted by Frisco View Post
    Gates have you seen the Panthers D play lately? They are solid at every level w/ some good young corners solidifying their secondary.
    What top flight passing offense has their secondary shut down...... Waiting.......

Frisco

Quote Originally Posted by O'doyleRules View Post
    Most idiotic quote of the day. Broncos rush for 140 yds easy, they will be so consumed with trying to stop Peyton that Mcgahee and co will have a field day. Panthers = easy to run on. Only reason line is so low is because the panthers are at home and broncos flying cross country. Both factors that don't impede the ass whopping that Manning is about to dish out.
    First off it's a statement, not a quote bozo. Secondly Denver has been averaging close to 75 rushing yards a game over the last 5 games (nowhere near the 140 you stated) and the only reason it isn't lower is they got to play the Saints in one of those. Denvers D gave up 251 rushing yards to the Pats on the road. The 4 headed monster of Cam, Stewart, Williams, and tolbert should pound Denvers front 7 and keep Manning off the field.

2daBank

Not sure which side I end up on or if I play this gm at all but it is true panthers defense has been much better the last month, honestly it surprised me how poorly they played to start the yr as they did things in the offseason to improve, guess it just took a while to click.... Far as cam and his "swag", I can't speak for that as it sounds ignorant, I do question his skill set and I'm not the only 1, if u asked me to describe his skill set my answer would be limited...

Frisco

Panthers ML for me. Game could easily go either way but if Cam takes care of the ball they should win. Panthers season is going to look a lot like last years where they start off really competitive in the 1H of the year but lose a lot of close games, and then turn it around and start piling up a few wins in the 2H of the year.

fergie's balls
    fergie's balls's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 129

according to Sports Insights....

Despite receiving 83% of spread wagers, #Broncos line has steadily dropped since opening at -5.5 (CRIS). http://pic.twitter.com/DhzkUezst

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

You guys crack me up.. I just got that
    feeling they come thru in this spot.

Not sure about the ML but i like getting 4 points with the home team.

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

John Fox made some defensive changes after the Pats game...pulling Joe Mays MLB and playing Jim Leonhard (Jets) as an extra safety. Since then they gave up 7 legit pts to SD, 14 to the Saints, and 23 to Cincy. They have a great rush and alot of team speed to deal w/Newton. I like Denver again but small play for me so far...interconference game vs a team they don't see often...of course that works both ways.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

I like Carolina here. Broncos are on a "breather" alert - relatively unimportant non-conference game with San Diego up next, where a win puts them in great shape no matter what happens vs. Carolina.

wtt0315

no offense but have you ever bet a favorite?
    they wont let down. They need these games to lock up the division
    Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    I like Carolina here. Broncos are on a "breather" alert - relatively unimportant non-conference game with San Diego up next, where a win puts them in great shape no matter what happens vs. Carolina.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by wtt0315 View Post
    no offense but have you ever bet a favorite?
    they wont let down. They need these games to lock up the division
    Once in a while. And that's why I do well. Anyhow, Broncos don't really "need" this game, similar to Giants vs, Steelers last week. Broncos actually have two division game up next with CHIEFS following San Diego, making this game even less important.

12 Last