Fang-Banger
    Fang-Banger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 186

Mitt Romney +255 to win election +170 to win Ohio @ 5dimes

been waiting for the Romney line to move up as i predicted. it's been hovering around +170ish now at +255 so locked it in. Ohio has been holding steady around +170.

I think this is a a double banger risk. Mitt wins Ohio he will win the election, he loses Ohio no way he wins.

Ticket Accepted Date Risk To Win Status Wager
    11/1/12 4:26pm $78.43 $200.00 Pending 11/6/12 6:00am Politics Other Sports 1002 Mitt Romney wins 2012 election +255* vs Barack Obama wins 2012 election
    11/1/12 4:25pm $58.82 $100.00 Pending 11/6/12 6:00am Politics Other Sports 1122 Mitt Romney wins Ohio +170* vs Barack Obama wins Ohio

Fang-Banger

and i'm very confident mitt wins ohio...

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Quote Originally Posted by Fang-Banger View Post

Why?

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.

And I agree, if Mitt does win Ohio -- although from all indications he won't-- then he does take this thing.

mrpooh
    mrpooh's Avatar Become A Pro!

so far that hasn't been any poll that even suggests he will win.

Fang-Banger

i don't buy into polls as much everybody else does...i've heard from people on the ground there in the counties that will matter most...mitt has the momentum...just my take, of course i can't scientifically back that up...

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Ya, I too am wondering what makes you so confident that Mitt wins Ohio? And those are very poorly set lines, you should not have touched Ohio and gone bigger on the election, seeing as you think they are one and the same, why bet +170 when you can get +255

Wilfred
    Wilfred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 528

A Michigan fan winning Ohio? Doubtful

Fang-Banger

Quote Originally Posted by tto827 View Post
    Ya, I too am wondering what makes you so confident that Mitt wins Ohio? And those are very poorly set lines, you should not have touched Ohio and gone bigger on the election, seeing as you think they are one and the same, why bet +170 when you can get +255

outside chance he could lose ohio and still win but he would need PA.

Fang-Banger

he's also spending twice as much in ohio than obama...the rallies are drawing record amount of people...and i think people are looking into the 08' election too much where obama won ohio but even then against a weak oppt in mccain he didn;t dominate.

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

You're saying if he wins ohio he wins the white house and you're confident he'll win Ohio..Why put any money on the +170 line? Shouldn't you double down on the +255 line?

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.

he's also spending twice as much in ohio than obama...the rallies are drawing record amount of people...and i think people are looking into the 08' election too much where obama won ohio but even then against a weak oppt in mccain he didn;t dominate.

Mitt is spending more in Ohio, but he's not spending twice as much.

Fang-Banger

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    You're saying if he wins ohio he wins the white house and you're confident he'll win Ohio..Why put any money on the +170 line? Shouldn't you double down on the +255 line?
    it's about creating more possibilities of winning just in case my theory doesn;t pan out. for instance, he could lose OH and still win with PA even that is a long shot...still another out i have to play

Fang-Banger

Quote Originally Posted by GUMMO77 View Post
    Mitt is spending more in Ohio, but he's not spending twice as much.
    can you prove exact amounts? i just heard twice as much maybe it's not exactly twice as much but it's a lot more than obama and in the critical counties

Fang-Banger

that's just tv ads though right?

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

outside chance he could lose ohio and still win but he would need PA.
    Agreed, but are the chances of that happening even remotely close to as good as him flat-out winning Ohio and the election? I got Romney at +215 a while back, thought about hedging and taking Obama at -165, but decided against it, I am regretting that decision now. I want Romney, but as I have said from the beginning, over 40% of this country LOVES, and should love Obama for what he is willing to give them, can Romney win 90% of the rest of the countries vote, I'm not too sure.

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.

that's just tv ads though right?

Yea I think that is just T.V.

I got Obama at -125 early, so I am just sticking with that unless something big comes up.

Fang-Banger

Quote Originally Posted by tto827 View Post
    Agreed, but are the chances of that happening even remotely close to as good as him flat-out winning Ohio and the election? I got Romney at +215 a while back, thought about hedging and taking Obama at -165, but decided against it, I am regretting that decision now. I want Romney, but as I have said from the beginning, over 40% of this country LOVES, and should love Obama for what he is willing to give them, can Romney win 90% of the rest of the countries vote, I'm not too sure.
    don;t buy into the liberal mainstream media and polls...

just bc ppl say who they are voting for and actually voting goes a very long way...

i think mitt pulls it out with ohio...FL, VA, NC are leaning mitt and very close in CO, possibly even WI...and with that he has the white house.

Fang-Banger

and yes i probably should've went more top heavy on the overall election and less on the ohio bet, him losing ohio and winning the white house are very slim but still having one or two smaller outs to win something by spending a few extra bucks is worth my risk. i just wanted to win around $300 total...

Fang-Banger

BTW: max wager for this is $500 on overall election and $100 for ohio

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post

The better bet would be Obama winning Florida.

DDT
    Head Mod In Charge
    DDT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2338

I love the +255 to win it all, but I'm still undecided about Ohio. I heard some reports today that he has a very good chance of winning Ohio, but it all depends on who shows up on Tuesday to vote.

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post

True, but I don't think Obama is winning FL.

But I live in Miami so maybe I'm not seeing the whole picture. In MIA, it's a long shot for a Cuban to vote for the black guy.

Fang-Banger

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post

Mitt to win FL is -250ish and I think that's a sure thing. But, the max wager on state bets are $100. And betting a huge chalk is no fun lol the fun is when you bet an underdog that wins

COMMITT TO MITT!!

eastern2
    eastern2's Avatar Become A Pro!

He isn't winning Ohio no chance - not after his dumbass jeep comments

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

there are so many ways obama can still win the election if he losses in ohio. romney has to win in n.h, va, iowa, col, n.c and fl, to even make this a race, to make ohio count for him. if obama wins in va its over, and can still lose ohio. if he wins in n.h and iowa and col its over.

anyways good luck. i think its a complete waste of money to put cash on romney to win everything clearly points to obama. every poll in all the swing states would have to be wrong.

Popcorn Trick
    Popcorn Trick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 540

Polls are too close in Ohio. Within the Margin of Dems cheating - vote early, vote often tactics... No chance.

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Quote Originally Posted by eastern2 View Post
    He isn't winning Ohio no chance - not after his dumbass jeep comments
    chrsyler wen't crazy after that. my mom worked at the chrsyler plant for 30 years here. She got calls from the union and chrysler that day saying the ads were a lie. Really a dumbass comment by Romney, anther lie but its something that its just expected from Romney at this point. I love how he has changed his tune on FEMA now too, after he was calling for its destruction just a year ago.

TheGuesser
    TheGuesser's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24835

Quote Originally Posted by neverstoppers23 View Post
    chrsyler wen't crazy after that. my mom worked at the chrsyler plant for 30 years here. She got calls from the union and chrysler that day saying the ads were a lie. Really a dumbass comment by Romney, anther lie but its something that its just expected from Romney at this point. I love how he has changed his tune on FEMA now too, after he was calling for its destruction just a year ago.
    Wow, he actually held a position for a year? That might be a record for Flipper. Usually it's weekly change, depending on the audience. Which is why he's losing.

eastern2
    eastern2's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yep exactly why he won't win Michigan or Ohio no matter how much his nut huggers want him too

Popcorn Trick

Kind of idiotic in my opinion. Dumb comments by Romney sure, but these candidates' plans for the country are so different that truly you should not even let a slip-up like that affect your vote.

Popcorn Trick

Quote Originally Posted by TheGuesser View Post
    Wow, he actually held a position for a year? That might be a record for Flipper. Usually it's weekly change, depending on the audience. Which is why he's losing.
    Politics. Big Disaster right before the election. What are you going to to do. I guess I'd have to see the numbers to see if it made sense if FEMA should still be around. Bad timing or not. Certainly if the numbers didn't make sense, we should do away with it....Ya, but trying explaining that to the well-informed public.

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

money down the toilet

ProfaneReality
    ProfaneReality's Avatar Become A Pro!

Fang I would give you +200 on Mitt to win Ohio for all that you wanted.

123 Last