70CoupeDeVille
    70CoupeDeVille's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 672

That 24 point estimate might come from the score of the last nfl/college game played: in 1976, Super Bowl X champs, the Pittsburgh Steelers, were leading the College All-Stars 24-0 late in Q3 at Chicago's Soldier Field when the game was suspended for weather, then called for drunk/unruly fan behavior.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Spurrier obviously didn't mean it. He says dumb shit every week to the media.

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Quote Originally Posted by 70CoupeDeVille View Post
    That 24 point estimate might come from the score of the last nfl/college game played: in 1976, Super Bowl X champs, the Pittsburgh Steelers, were leading the College All-Stars 24-0 late in Q3 at Chicago's Soldier Field when the game was suspended for weather, then called for drunk/unruly fan behavior.
    You saw my posting of 1975 I hope.....21-14 Steelers

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

well we know spurrier doesn't bet on football with the "they would be favored" statement

qsilver335
    qsilver335's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

The difference in line play between college and pro is huge. It would be a blow out!

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Handicapable View Post
    I'm an old fart and I barely remember this but the NFL Champion used to play a College All Star team in preseason every year from 1934-1976. The college kids won a few times...nothing after the leagues merged but several close ones

1969 Jets over the college kids 26-24
    1971 Baltimore 24-17
    1975 Steelers 21-14
    yeah back in the days, gas was less than a dollar per gallon...

gold was less than $200 an ounce...

cocaine was a hell of a drug (i guess it still is)...

how times have changed.

no way alabama has a chance.

EricZ116
    EricZ116's Avatar Become A Pro!

The biggest disparity won't be in the glamour positions... But special teams and the trenches.

Alabama may have a good offensive line, but they would be completely outmatched vs any NFL team. And defensively? ANY NFL team would be able to dominate their front 7 and run for 10 YPC with no problems.

Special teams players in the NFL are filled with busts and athletic freaks who starred in college. Alabama would be best served kicking off out of bounds and letting the team start at the 40... Though I'm fairly certain it wouldn't happen often, because I don't see them scoring more than once.

The disparity between NFL starters and Alabama starters is unbelievably high... But the disparity between the NFL bench/special teams players and the Alabama bench... Oh god. They'd get absolutely demolished.

First 12