Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

So Lakers have the worst record in the league...

Of course they will be fine but where is the signs of fire power? Lakers look slow against these young teams especially on D. Past first PGs like Nash usually get their teams going pretty fast. Houston with a brand new back court looks like they figured it out in game 1. Whats up Laker fans?

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

Mike Brown has crippled them and especially crippled Nash's offensive genius with the stupid princeton offense

something will give

Kobe will have him ousted or he'll convince Brown to stop being stubborn with the dumb offensive scheme for the personnel
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ProfaneReality

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dozer View Post
    Of course they will be fine but where is the signs of fire power? Lakers look slow against these young teams especially on D. Past first PGs like Nash usually get their teams going pretty fast. Houston with a brand new back court looks like they figured it out in game 1. Whats up Laker fans?
    I personally think Mike Brown has a serious conundrum facing him. Much like the Amare/Melo problem in New York, Kobe and Nash are both at their best when they have the basketball in their hands. Either Nash will have to be wasted as they run the offense thru Kobe, or, more wisely, they would run the offense thru Nash at point, and let him distribute as he sees fit.

zacharyj53
    zacharyj53's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Mike Brown is a horrible coach, one of the worse in the NBA.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

only two games people, they will be alright.

but they need to start playing better d.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

doomed from the start, none of the pieces fit together in the living room and the interior decator (brown) is one of the worst.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110

I thought they looked like pretty good fits on paper. All these guys can run. Their 7 foot PF can hit the college 3. Run the ball and move it right? I mean... they basically replaced Bynum who can't run for Howard and a couple of backup PGs who don't push the ball for Nash.

I bet Mike Brown wishes Phil Jackson had a job somewhere.

konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2311

Some teams went out an got big talent and never really put it together.
    Look for a coaching change about 20 games into the season if this team
    is under 500 Phil Jackson are you ready to try one mo time?

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

maybe the Lakers Brass knew this would happen and hired Brown for this reason...

let's start out 10-20 and THAT kind of challenge with these kind of stars will motivate Phil to put some ben gay on that back and get back to coaching!!!!

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

i dont think they looked good chemistry wise at all. kobe and d12 are about the biggest prima donnas alive. d12 is probably a better player at this stage of his career (not overall) then kobe, didnt see how that was gonna work out in the locker room. like someone else already said, nash also needs the ball in his hands to be maximized, but kobe needs it as well. mike brown is also a pushover, when he was in cleveland, it was lebron and everyone else, this is 2 massive egos he has to stroke, a coach like phil jackson would find a way to make it work though for sure. MWP is still a headcase.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

look how many points they gave up to a dirkless mav team and portland for gods sake with a rookie pg. this team also looked awful in the preseason, which does matter a little bit at least IMO.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

seriously, it takes time for new players to gel together. how many preseason games did dwight howard play?

people are forgetting he had back surgery and hasn't played in a while.

they shot 50% yesterday and shot 49% the day before so it's not their offense.

as long as dwight gets healthier and practices free throws, they will be fine...

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I love how everyone is picking on Mike Brown. Did anyone of you guys think that quite possibly... NASH & BRYANT are over the hill??? It's a 4 quarter sport... not a 1 quarter game. It's time for Nash and Kobe to play off the bench. I'm dead serious.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    seriously, it takes time for new players to gel together. how many preseason games did dwight howard play?

people are forgetting he had back surgery and hasn't played in a while.

they shot 50% yesterday and shot 49% the day before so it's not their offense.

as long as dwight gets healthier and practices free throws, they will be fine...
    He's been their bright spot. But good points about the FG%. They need more FGAs.

Keep an eye out for juicy over/unders as you have to expect them to turn up the gas and score more.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    I love how everyone is picking on Mike Brown. Did anyone of you guys think that quite possibly... NASH & BRYANT are over the hill??? It's a 4 quarter sport... not a 1 quarter game. It's time for Nash and Kobe to play off the bench. I'm dead serious.
    IMO Nash has been this same player last 5 years. Kobe is coming off an injury but yea, he looked warn out last yr too.

CHAZ
    5-2-1 (+2.37 units)
    CHAZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3180

he looked warn out last yr too.
    Completely agree with that. Mike Brown is gonna have to take the Popovich and Doc Rivers approach if he wants his team to make it to the playoffs healthy

rumnblack
    rumnblack's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by tto827 View Post
    I personally think Mike Brown has a serious conundrum facing him. Much like the Amare/Melo problem in New York, Kobe and Nash are both at their best when they have the basketball in their hands. Either Nash will have to be wasted as they run the offense thru Kobe, or, more wisely, they would run the offense thru Nash at point, and let him distribute as he sees fit.
    Totally agree.

rumnblack
    rumnblack's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by zacharyj53 View Post
    Mike Brown is a horrible coach, one of the worse in the NBA.
    Totally agree.

Bdolan33
    Bdolan33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2224

Princeton Offense = Death

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

What do these five 2012 Lakers coaches have in common?

Eddie Jordan, Chuck Person, Darvin Ham, Bernie Bickerstaff and head coach Mike Brown

nosniboR11
    fu
    nosniboR11's Avatar Become A Pro!

maybe they can turn it around

25 turnovers is not going to happen everynight , lol

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

He's been their bright spot. But good points about the FG%. They need more FGAs.

Keep an eye out for juicy over/unders as you have to expect them to turn up the gas and score more.

IMO Nash has been this same player last 5 years. Kobe is coming off an injury but yea, he looked warn out last yr too.
    Nash doesn't look like he really fits on this team. I think it's age, his style, and he's not in rhythm.