SportsPedagogy
    SportsPedagogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

I am going to cheer for the Rockets!

What an interesting team they have now. They have this "Island of misfit toys" feel to them. Think about all the criticism they have recived. James Harden faded in the finals and everybody was calling for his head, Jermey Lin was supposedly over hyped just cause he is Asian, and Omer Asik had the game of his life in game 6 vs Philly until, for no reason whatsoever, the Bulls best free throw shooter passed him the ball and sent him to the line in the final seconds.

All three recived giant contracts and recived even more hate from fellow players and critic fans.

Now they have a chance to silence a lot of the critics and go out and put together a really good season, which I think is capable.

The size of Asik in the pick and roll will create a lot of offense with Lin and Harden. They are going to mesh together a lot better then people think and I look forward to watching it.

CHAZ
    5-2-1 (+2.37 units)
    CHAZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3180

Nowhere to go but up really. I'm excited. I don't expect a Finals from them or anything like that. Just for things to be interesting.

konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2311

I dont see this team as a threat!
    They spend 80 million on Harden and 25 on LIn
    the rest is a bunch of nobodies

konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2311

But this team could be like the Oakland A's misfits that have heart and play with it.

bbaffert
    bbaffert's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

good luck, i live in houston and really have no hope for them

adila1401
    adila1401's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2486

I agree..Lin and Harden backcourt looks awesome..there will be a lot of assists between the two of them

CHAZ
    5-2-1 (+2.37 units)
    CHAZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3180

Quote Originally Posted by bbaffert View Post
    good luck, i live in houston and really have no hope for them
    Atleast, we'll be somewhat competitive now. I'm glad we got rid of all the floppers too (Scola & Martin)

vaas187
    vaas187's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by SportsPedagogy View Post
    What an interesting team they have now. They have this "Island of misfit toys" feel to them. Think about all the criticism they have recived. James Harden faded in the finals and everybody was calling for his head, Jermey Lin was supposedly over hyped just cause he is Asian, and Omer Asik had the game of his life in game 6 vs Philly until, for no reason whatsoever, the Bulls best free throw shooter passed him the ball and sent him to the line in the final seconds.

All three recived giant contracts and recived even more hate from fellow players and critic fans.

Now they have a chance to silence a lot of the critics and go out and put together a really good season, which I think is capable.

The size of Asik in the pick and roll will create a lot of offense with Lin and Harden. They are going to mesh together a lot better then people think and I look forward to watching it.
    lin will be garbage because he's a chink. there's worse in the league but he is grossly overpaid; and overhyped.

BigSpoon
    Henlo
    BigSpoon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 65573

^ Unreal.

cala56
    cala56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5810

im with you. Harde will rock this year. They are wester contenders

SportsPedagogy

How they won with all those turnovers is beyond me. But I will take it !

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4579

I know it is only two games, but James Harden looks like he is out to prove a point. Already a career high in assists for a game (12), and points for a game (45). He could lead the league in scoring this year.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

I'm so stoked about Harden being a Rocket. Hopefully we can lure another superstar to Houston in the next off season. We still have plenty of cap room. The only thing I worry about right now is if Harden gets injured, we are probably at Charlotte Bobcat level.

sportsfanatic
    Update your status
    sportsfanatic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3908

i still don't think houston makes the playoffs but they are fun to watch

SportsPedagogy

Rockets have it right. They have a superstar and role players around him. Hopefully lin plays in to the Robin role better.

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

always loved houston, not the most talented bunch but they love basketball and play hard.

secretstash
    secretstash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 45

u do realize they have no defense right?
    although a lot of fun to watch...
    how long can run n gun last.. not long imo

-stash

SportsPedagogy

Quote Originally Posted by secretstash View Post
    u do realize they have no defense right?
    although a lot of fun to watch...
    how long can run n gun last.. not long imo

-stash
    Thats the beauty of Asik though. i watched him every game in Chicago last year. The guy forces jump shots. He had several big blocks and forced people into bad shots as they were trying to shoot around him down the stretch. The guy is one of the best defensive centers in the league. More people will see this now that he is starting.