Justin3587's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 450

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Lou View Post
    ESPN reporting. No Foley this week.
    Good call. It's not Vick's fault.

Wilfred
    Wilfred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 528

ESPN is the one trying to create something out of nothing. Can't blame a QB who gets hit almost every play and has no time. Look at McCoy as well having trouble, this is all on the offensive line.

soul786
    soul786's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfred View Post
    ESPN is the one trying to create something out of nothing. Can't blame a QB who gets hit almost every play and has no time. Look at McCoy as well having trouble, this is all on the offensive line.

Blame always rests with the qb these days but you're right, underlying issue is that offensive line

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25123

If they cannot produce against the Saints awful D then they may not do anything all year.

4TH AND STUPID
    best NFL capper at SBR
    4TH AND STUPID's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1990

if the eagles fire andy reid within the next two weeks then they will be talking about the playoffs in january

if reid stays and lets vick be the scapegoat, say goodbye to the playoffs for 5 years

BigDaddy
    BigDaddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 729

good info

thank Lou

Titanup28
    Titanup28's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 800

Eagles will roll this weekend, bet that

nrok2118
    nrok2118's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 635

Quote Originally Posted by Titanup28 View Post
    Eagles will roll this weekend, bet that

Thats what everyone said about last game.

King Swizz
    Update your status
    King Swizz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hope they get blown the fuk out so Nick Foles can step in and lead the team.

Titanup28
    Titanup28's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 800

I know this week they are playing the worst d in the nfl

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

Well, I don't know a 'Foley', but I know they have Nick Foles.

MobFade
    MobFade's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 987

I hope Vick gets benched, then Foles comes in and does even worse and develops David Carr syndrome playing behind that O-Line and the Eagles go 6-10, then 4-12 next year ... just enough to be terrible, but never high enough to draft a franchise quarterback and they are the whipping boy of the NFC East for the next decade. And the Phillies only win 70 games. That way I never have to hear about the city of Philadelphia again on ESPN.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BigDeem5 View Post
    Well, I don't know a 'Foley', but I know they have Nick Foles.
    His name won't really matter as he'll be riding the bench all year.

The Eagles should shut people up for a little bit on Monday Night.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9776

monday night burial somehow

Maverick22
    Maverick22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 58

The problem isnt Vick, it's the defense.

Nick Foles gives them NO EXTRA chance at winning. Unless Nick Folk can cover some wide receivers
    Last edited by Maverick22; 10-31-12 at 04:43 PM. Reason: Mis Spelled Name

altieriflyers
    Rosamund
    altieriflyers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7788

Quote Originally Posted by 4TH AND STUPID View Post
    if the eagles fire andy reid within the next two weeks then they will be talking about the playoffs in january

if reid stays and lets vick be the scapegoat, say goodbye to the playoffs for 5 years

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

Eagles should dominate the weak Saints defense. Similar to how they dominated the Cowboys last season.

Maverick22

Quote Originally Posted by GunShard View Post
    Eagles should dominate the weak Saints defense. Similar to how they dominated the Cowboys last season.
    The problem isn't the saints defense. It is the inability for the eagles to stop the saints offense. That over is sounding tempting to me

uup115
    uup115's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3146

It is never Vick's fault...being the best fade the last decade in the NFL was always bad luck and just a coincidence Vick was the QB...Be realistic, i could break it down so many ways, but the common denominator for Vick's suck, has always been and will always be Vick himself.

BabyMatrix27
    BabyMatrix27's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick22 View Post
    The problem isn't the saints defense. It is the inability for the eagles to stop the saints offense. That over is sounding tempting to me
    No way Vick can keep up with Brees!

vaas187
    vaas187's Avatar Become A Pro!

vick couldn't read a blitz sign if they moved the Jay's "man in white" into the endzone.

Stallion
    Update your status
    Stallion's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16702

His offensive line sucks, and he sucks. The Eagles don't have a chance no matter which QB starts.

Sportsgirl
    Sportsgirl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

Does anyone think that defensives play harder against Vick because of his past? Just curious about everyone's thoughts ....

Maverick22

No, i think defenses play just as hard as they would any competitive game. Do you mean his past regarding the dog stuff?

vinndy
    vinndy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3436

Vick stinks, Saints roll.

Sportsgirl

Yes. It seems he gets hurt a lot and I just wanted thoughts as to whether his past may play a part in defenses wanting to take him out.

Wilfred

Quote Originally Posted by Sportsgirl View Post
    Yes. It seems he gets hurt a lot and I just wanted thoughts as to whether his past may play a part in defenses wanting to take him out.
    No. It has to do with the offensive line being Swiss cheese.

Sportsgirl

No. It has to do with the offensive line being Swiss cheese.
    Being such a rushing QB, you'd think he could deal better with the poor offensive line than he does. I'd start building the team around another QB. Even prior to incarceration, Vick was no Super Bowl quarterback and he isn't one now - Swiss cheese or not.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

I never thought I'd actually start to feel bad for Mike Vick. Think he turns up big Monday Night a la that performance which helped him get another big contract.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4627

If Vick can't get it done against the Saints sorry ass Defense, then he deserves to get benched.

Sportsgirl

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Lou View Post
    I never thought I'd actually start to feel bad for Mike Vick. Think he turns up big Monday Night a la that performance which helped him get another big contract.
    But one performance shouldn't cut it. His numbers are sorry and his 25th ranking deserved: 9 TDs to 8 INTS and a overall QB rating of 78.6? I'd give Foles a shot - who I think looked pretty good in preseason. Give him some playing time and work toward next season. Vick never was all that great - I mean he's got the most rushing yards in a position that isn't a "rushing" position. All those yards mean to me is he isn't smart enough to read the field and release the ball in 4 seconds.

Wilfred

Being such a rushing QB, you'd think he could deal better with the poor offensive line than he does. I'd start building the team around another QB. Even prior to incarceration, Vick was no Super Bowl quarterback and he isn't one now - Swiss cheese or not.
    This is the NFL not College. He can't simply outrun the defensive line coming at him. With Vick aside look at Lesean McCoy who is also having trouble dealing with the line. You say Vick isn't a Super Bowl quarterback which I simply don't agree with. But from watching Arizona the last few years I can tell you Foles isn't an NFL quarterback. Sucks that ESPN created this garbage when there really should be no controversy at all as to who should be starting.

Sportsgirl

This is the NFL not College. He can't simply outrun the defensive line coming at him. With Vick aside look at Lesean McCoy who is also having trouble dealing with the line. You say Vick isn't a Super Bowl quarterback which I simply don't agree with. But from watching Arizona the last few years I can tell you Foles isn't an NFL quarterback. Sucks that ESPN created this garbage when there really should be no controversy at all as to who should be starting.
    I have to respectfully disagree. As QB for the Falcons, Vick went 7-9 and 8-8 before going to jail; rookie Matt Ryan came in and took virtually the same team to the playoffs. Ryan = Super Bowl QB; Vick doesn't, never has, never will.

Wilfred

I have to respectfully disagree. As QB for the Falcons, Vick went 7-9 and 8-8 before going to jail; rookie Matt Ryan came in and took virtually the same team to the playoffs. Ryan = Super Bowl QB; Vick doesn't, never has, never will.
    Yeah the 2008 falcons are virtually the same as the 2006 ones. C'mon now. Not even remotely close.

12 Last